Ez enough question. 

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By choffy21

No. They only go to conventions that people care about.

! :o
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24

I think so....? I am not sure honestly. I don't see why not it is a pretty sweet convention.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I'm not sure, probably not, it's kind of a niche convention.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Seedofpower

They weren't at the last one, so its safe to say they will not be at this one.

Don't worry though blizzard is good about releasing information about their 3 games on their own website.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By BigBoss1911
@choffy21 said:
" No. They only go to conventions that people care about.

! :o
"
Really the question is,are they going to leipzig?
choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By choffy21
@BigBoss1911: I doubt it. For a glofiied blog, going to Germany isn't very economical
PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By PercyChuggs
@choffy21 said:
" @BigBoss1911: I doubt it. For a glofiied blog, going to Germany isn't very economical "
Uh..how is Giant Bomb a glorified blog? It's got news, previews, reviews, video reviews, podcasts, and fully featured forums, not to mention the whole game wiki thing. You sir, need to leave now.
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Out_On_Bail

and going to Tokyo is completely economical , for a 'glorified blog' and all

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Gizmo

Starcraft 2 and Diablo III will be there in force I imagine, so I would hope GB would be there to cover it.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#11  Edited By the8bitNacho
@choffy21 said:
" @BigBoss1911: I doubt it. For a glofiied blog, going to Germany isn't very economical "
This is totally flamebait.
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@Gizmo: yeah i can't wait to hear and see more about D3, that game is gonna kick so much ass it's not even funny.
choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By choffy21
@PercyChuggs said:
"
@choffy21 said:
Uh..how is Giant Bomb a glorified blog? It's got news, previews, reviews, video reviews, podcasts, and fully featured forums, not to mention the whole game wiki thing. You sir, need to leave now. "
All website's are basically glorified blogs. But in Giant Bomb's case, they're totally independent and have absolutely no advertising. Sure Whiskey isn't hurting, but why waste the money? There's never anything announced at Leipzig anyways.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gizmo
@Out_On_Bail said:
" @Gizmo: yeah i can't wait to hear and see more about D3, that game is gonna kick so much ass it's not even funny. "
As long as they don't go overkill on the "cartoonish" art style, I can see D3 being my new addiction.
BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By BigBoss1911

Hey you guys are making it seem like i made that comment lol

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By torus

Although I would love to see GB at Blizzcon, it's much more like Quakecon in that it isn't where a lot of industry news goes down. Just some game-specific updates, playing the games, and game-related fun events.

I would really like to see GB at PAX though.
killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By killdave

hmm who knows...
give me the palm of your hand and i'll see what the future holds.

oh ... a swimming pool !!

MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrPerfect

They might go, you may never know til it happens. 

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By xxNBxx

I was thinking at the least Snide would go.  I have a feeling this might be the year they anounce that 4th game they been working on.

@ParanoidFreak said:
"I'm not sure, probably not, it's kind of a niche convention. "
They have a MMO and RTS and a action RPG how is that niche?  Back when it was just WoW i could agree with you but its not just about WoW anymore.
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By maxszy
@xxNBxx said:
" I was thinking at the least Snide would go.  I have a feeling this might be the year they anounce that 4th game they been working on.

@ParanoidFreak said:
"I'm not sure, probably not, it's kind of a niche convention. "
They have a MMO and RTS and a action RPG how is that niche?  Back when it was just WoW i could agree with you but its not just about WoW anymore. "
It was never *just* about WoW. It just had the larger presence since SO many people play WoW. I would guarantee that every person who goes to that convention plays WoW. Or at least has at one time or another, even if that isn't the main game they are going there to learn about and/or experience.
deadmonkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deadmonkeys

How the crap is WoW niche? It has a HUGE hardcore (and casual) following! That's like saying it isn't worth going to a convention to see the next Halo, Zelda, or Metal Gear!
Diablo 3 and a little game called Starcraft 2 are also going to be featured at Blizzcon.
(I would also love to see GB at PAX)

raggedglory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By raggedglory
@DeadMonkeys said:
" How the crap is WoW niche? It has a HUGE hardcore (and casual) following! That's like saying it isn't worth going to a convention to see the next Halo, Zelda, or Metal Gear!Diablo 3 and a little game called Starcraft 2 are also going to be featured at Blizzcon.(I would also love to see GB at PAX) "
He means niche market in the sense that with Blizzcon, you're only getting 1 devlopers games, and with maybe 3-4 games for info (new WoW content, Diablo III, Star Craft II, possibly revealing there next new property they hinted at).  With that little info, it probably doesn't make finacial sense to travel to Anahiem, espessally for a relitivly small site.
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By asurastrike

I doubt they would go to Blizzcon. The whole convention is just about 3 franchises (Starcraft, Warcraft, and Diablo).

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xxNBxx
@Maxszy said:
"
It was never *just* about WoW. It just had the larger presence since SO many people play WoW. I would guarantee that every person who goes to that convention plays WoW. Or at least has at one time or another, even if that isn't the main game they are going there to learn about and/or experience."

I was more referring to the fact that Blizzcon was once about 1 current game and 2 games almost 10 years old.  I don't know if everyone thats going to Blizzcon this year has played WoW at least once.   I would guess 90%  have.  Would be intresting to see a poll on that.
Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#25  Edited By Forcen

They should send some of the upstairs guys, they play WoW don't they?

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By maxszy
@xxNBxx said:
"
@Maxszy said:
"
It was never *just* about WoW. It just had the larger presence since SO many people play WoW. I would guarantee that every person who goes to that convention plays WoW. Or at least has at one time or another, even if that isn't the main game they are going there to learn about and/or experience."
I was more referring to the fact that Blizzcon was once about 1 current game and 2 games almost 10 years old.  I don't know if everyone thats going to Blizzcon this year has played WoW at least once.   I would guess 90%  have.  Would be intresting to see a poll on that. "
Ahhh well that is true, especially when Blizzcon started.

Yeah I probably exaggerated a bit regarding the amount of people who have played but it has to be almost all of them I would think. I mean if you're going to Blizzcon, you're huge Blizzard fan. WoW is played by 12 million+ world wide, it just makes sense that even if someone who attends isn't playing right now, that they have at some point.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Endogene

I can't comment about blizzcon but I am pretty sure that the said in one of the bombcast that they were not planning on going to Leipzig.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xxNBxx
@Endogene said:
"I can't comment about blizzcon but I am pretty sure that the said in one of the bombcast that they were not planning on going to Leipzig."

yeah i remember them saying that.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By neoepoch

No one is going to Leipzig, because there is no more Games Convention in Leipzig. It is going to be in Cologne.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jkz

Yeah, leipzig is no more. I'm going to cologne, and if the "Never" t-shirts get made I'm buying 5 just for that. Doubt they're going, but I can always hope to spot them on press day.