#1 Posted by TheLegendOfMart (245 posts) -

Obviously you can see that I have a subscription, my brother is a dirty student and I'd like to share my account with him, he can't afford it and I don't want to lose my account.

Will letting him log onto my account from a different IP, somtimes at the same time as me get me banned?

#2 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Really doubt it.

#3 Posted by TheLegendOfMart (245 posts) -

Reason I ask is the XBMC linking page warns that abuse of the privilege will cost you access.

#4 Posted by Kaiserreich (690 posts) -

Nah man you crazy.

#5 Posted by BaneFireLord (2925 posts) -

I'm logged in on four separate devices and have been for a few years now. You should be cool.

#6 Posted by Village_Guy (2546 posts) -

I doubt you'll be banned, but doing that isn't cool in my opinion though.

Anyway you'll probably not be banned since I use my account both at work and at home and I haven't been banned yet.

#7 Edited by SeanFoster (866 posts) -

No, I think I'm probably logged in on any combination of my work computer, home computer, phone and tablet at any given time.

#8 Posted by TheLegendOfMart (245 posts) -

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules, I know its not cool but it keeps him happy.

#9 Posted by Ares42 (2623 posts) -

I'm fairly sure that GB is far from big enough to start utilizing programs like that.

#10 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@TheLegendOfMart said:

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules, I know its not cool but it keeps him happy.

Ha ! Ha ! You paid with your hard earned dollars, so who you share your account with is only your business, not Dave's.

#11 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@Grissefar said:

@TheLegendOfMart said:

Ha ! Ha ! You paid with your hard earned dollars, so who you share your account with is only your business, not Dave's.

By your logic, there should only be one paid account and everyone should use it.

That's the same logic that says Pirating is ok as long as the person ripping it and putting it up in a torrent bought it.

What I'm saying is screw you, ya hippy!

That said, I doubt that GB really gives a rats ass. They don't need sub. money to get by anymore, as they are funded by CBSi now, and their generally pretty cool. If its just your brother, not a problem. Just don't start giving everyone access to it.

I occasionally let a couple friends of mine use the account because they never really pay attention to the site, but there might be a random Live show that's right up their alley, and it doesn't makes sense to pay $10 or whatever a monthly sub is just to watch it. The GB guys have never been big on big brother type stuff, so don't worry as long as you aren't being a shithead and just using one account for like 20 people.

Plus, with how many different devices can be logged in these days, it'd be hard to restrict it to one logged in at a time. My phone (both in the browser and an app), PC browser, and Metro App all have my account logged in at all times. No problems.

#12 Posted by cloudymusic (1105 posts) -

I probably wouldn't have publicly posted on the GB forums that you're sharing your account, but other than that, you should be fine. I access GB from a half-dozen different devices and have never had any problems.

#13 Posted by Undeadpool (4923 posts) -

I Giant Bomb from home...AND work, with absolutely NO interruption in service.

Giant Bomb, won't you?

#14 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

I've totally never done anything like that.

#15 Posted by TheLegendOfMart (245 posts) -

@Keres: Thanks but I'd rather be up front about it, its not like I'm going to share it with 10s or hundreds of people, if they ban me so be it.

#16 Posted by cloudymusic (1105 posts) -

@TheLegendOfMart: I can respect that.

#17 Posted by rflx (576 posts) -

Why not gift him a premium membership?

#18 Posted by Carryboy (647 posts) -

Will be fine, can't believe the people on here saying its not "cool" share it with your Brother.

#19 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

I'm actually upwards of 200 different people logging in from multiple countries and I haven't been banned yet.

I say you're fine.

#20 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Sharing your account is more likely to get you in trouble than simply logging in from multiple locations. That will happen if you also access the site from work, school, a friend's house, a mobile device, and more. They wouldn't want to restrict that.

#21 Posted by Athadam (687 posts) -

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@Grissefar said:

@TheLegendOfMart said:

By your logic, there should only be one paid account and everyone should use it.

That's the same logic that says Pirating is ok as long as the person ripping it and putting it up in a torrent bought it.

What I'm saying is screw you, ya hippy!

That said, I doubt that GB really gives a rats ass. They don't need sub. money to get by anymore, as they are funded by CBSi now, and their generally pretty cool. If its just your brother, not a problem. Just don't start giving everyone access to it.

I occasionally let a couple friends of mine use the account because they never really pay attention to the site, but there might be a random Live show that's right up their alley, and it doesn't makes sense to pay $10 or whatever a monthly sub is just to watch it. The GB guys have never been big on big brother type stuff, so don't worry as long as you aren't being a shithead and just using one account for like 20 people.

Plus, with how many different devices can be logged in these days, it'd be hard to restrict it to one logged in at a time. My phone (both in the browser and an app), PC browser, and Metro App all have my account logged in at all times. No problems.

By your logic, everyone should buy multiple copies of a movie that they're taking home to watch with their family.

#22 Posted by Th3_James (2576 posts) -

I've logged in through various VPNs across the world. I am not banned.

#23 Posted by Cerevisiae (75 posts) -

I've logged in on my laptop, my phone, and my Kindle. I've done this at home, at college, on the road (I listen to the podcasts via my phone while driving), at a few cafes, and at friends' homes.

Pretty sure there's nothing to worry about, man.

#24 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

Ha! I made my brother pay. He even moved in with me a year ago, and while I don't mind him not paying rent, he ain't using my GB ACCOUNT, DAMNIT.

#25 Posted by gaminghooligan (1435 posts) -

no way duder I log on at my folks all the time while my account is always logged on at home

#26 Posted by EchoEcho (822 posts) -

@rflx said:

Why not gift him a premium membership?
#27 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Nope, I have done it plenty of times throughout the years.