#1 Posted by MrPilkington (722 posts) -

During the earlier years of the Xbox 360's life span, I was die hard into achievements. So much that I played terrible games just for points. Now, I want to curate my gamerscore and I have wanted this for years. I want a gamerscore full of games that I actually wanted play. Do you think Microsoft will ever allow this, OR should I just take this philosophy into the next generation of systems and start over?

#2 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

It seems as if you got the achievements because you were thinking too much about your gamerscore and now you want them gone because you're still thinking too much about it. Have you tried not worrying about your gamerscore and what it means and instead just enjoying games?

#3 Posted by ZoomyRamen (237 posts) -

They already allow you to erase your score. You just have no idea they are going to do it.

#4 Edited by foggel (2764 posts) -
@louiedog said:

It seems as if you got the achievements because you were thinking too much about your gamerscore and now you want them gone because you're still thinking too much about it. Have you tried not worrying about your gamerscore and what it means and instead just enjoying games?

Are you saying we don't enjoy games? Are you saying we are achievement hunting robots? WE ARE PEOPLE TOO
#5 Posted by awesomeusername (4216 posts) -

10 bucks says he played Hannah Montana.

#6 Posted by ZimboDK (843 posts) -

Never gonna happen. It's too much work for Microsoft when your little brother has erased your gamerscore and they have to get it back for you.

#7 Edited by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

@PainGod89 said:

During the earlier years of the Xbox 360's life span, I was die hard into achievements. So much that I played terrible games just for points. Now, I want to curate my gamerscore and I have wanted this for years. I want a gamerscore full of games that I actually wanted play. Do you think Microsoft will ever allow this, OR should I just take this philosophy into the next generation of systems and start over?

The way I see it, Gamerscore and Achievements are a personal record of your gaming exploits on the Xbox 360. They're a digital memory of everything you've done on that console so it wouldn't really be fair to erase the bad games because then it wouldn't really be your record anymore. If you really wanted it, the answer is simply to make a new profile and then bam; there's your blank slate.

Personally I don't see why you'd want to, I'm 100% happy having the King Kong 1000G on my profile and the Wallace and Gromit adventure games I maxed out in one day by following a walkthrough, I often scroll through my achievement list and remember fondly the days I spent going completely out of my way to be an achievement whore because they're all part of my own personal gaming history.

#8 Posted by MrPilkington (722 posts) -

@awesomeusername: No, but I did play through Open Season. Now, I am older and wiser and I wonder why I spent so much time playing games for nothing more than a score.

#9 Posted by laserbolts (5365 posts) -

@PainGod89: I dont think they would and besides dont be ashamed of a few games dude it's not really a big deal at all. Jesus I can remember simming through 30 seasons of madden for achievements and it took like 3 hours sitting there hitting the a button and I know absolutely nothing about football.

#10 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

"Points is points, man."

#11 Posted by James_ex_machina (899 posts) -

LMAO.
What's next? Will MS allow me to make up my own achievement points?

#12 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

@foggel said:

@louiedog said:

Are you saying we don't enjoy games? Are you saying we are achievement hunting robots? WE ARE PEOPLE TOO

I didn't want to use the term robots. However, since you brought it up, that's exactly what I think.

Now I will destroy you with a logical paradox.

In a village, the barber shaves everyone who does not shave himself, but no one else.

#13 Posted by MrPilkington (722 posts) -

@James_ex_machina: Alright, I am back in!

#14 Posted by rentfn (1288 posts) -

Everyone wants to change their past man...but you can't. It's there and will always be there.

#15 Posted by spartanlolz92 (511 posts) -

@PainGod89 said:

please do not tell me you played avatar the last airbender for an achievement

i knew a guy who did he also played that bee movie game -__-.

#16 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

I wish I could delete Dead or Alive 4 from my list, the only achievement I have in that game is the 0G achievement for losing a lot of online matches.

Besides that I'm not really ashamed of any achievements I have, hell I even bought Truth or Lies and got 1000G in an hour.

#17 Posted by foggel (2764 posts) -
@louiedog said:

@foggel said:

@louiedog said:

I didn't want to use the term robots. However, since you brought it up, that's exactly what I think.

Now I will destroy you with a logical paradox.

In a village, the barber shaves everyone who does not shave himself, but no one else.

hnnnnNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
#18 Posted by Daemon (104 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

10 bucks says he played Hannah Montana.

Oh man it annoyed me something fierce that I could never 1000 that game because of that thrice damned nigh impossible fair game. *sigh* But that aside I do wish you could erase acheivements but not because I want to erase potentially embarrassing games as I've long been known to my friends as somebody who deliberately plays through games most would not want to touch. I just think it would be nice to clean out games that I just started playing and decided I hated too much to go on fairly early in the game as I'd rather not have them there.

#19 Posted by MrPilkington (722 posts) -

@Daemon: That's more my point on the subject. I actually don't think I would erase many of the "embarrassing" games, because I did those and want to keep them. Still, I have plenty of games on my score that are 5 points, then stopped. Since I either didn't like it or had to get rid of the game, or something.

#20 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

I really wish we could delete achivements, because then I'd delete the only game I S-ranked: Tetris Splash.

I'm not mad I got it S-ranked, in fact I'd be happy because some of those achievements are damn maddening, but the game glitched and gave me the remaining 5 or so achievements out of nowhere one day when I wasn't even playing it. It sucks because I was just a few percent away from S-ranking Arkham Asylum, the first game I wanted on my S-rank list, but no, a stupid glitch caused Tetris to be there. Its also annoying that I can't get those legit now.

After that, I lost all care about S-ranking games. Not a bad thing