Will Patrick Klepek beat Dan Ryckert's SMM Challenge?

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

Edited By fobwashed

Poll Will Patrick Klepek beat Dan Ryckert's SMM Challenge? (2816 votes)

#TeamPatrick 50%
#TeamDan 50%

The Grudge

After Patrick Klepek beat the latest Giant Bomb Community Level, he threw down the gauntlet

The Challenge

And Dan Ryckert responded with a challenge!

The Rules

• Patrick has 72 hours from the start of his first attempt to beat Dan's level
  • There is to be no help from the chat, community, or miiverse posts
  • If Patrick beats the level, he wins the war and Dan must donate $100 to a charity of Patrick's choosing
  • If Patrick fails, Patrick must donate $100 to a charity of Dan's choosing and admit that Dan has defeated him

Challenge Accepted!

And the challenge was accepted!

No Caption Provided

With $100 on the line, who do you think will win the bet of the century? Are you TeamPatrick or TeamRyckert!?

Donations

https://www.gofundme.com/theryckoning

There has been a gofundme set up where you can vote with your $$$. Are you TeamRyckert or TeamKlepek?

Further Updates

Game Over Greg Miller is firmly on the side of TeamPatrick putting up $100 of his own!

Dan Ryckert has finished building the level and has started attempting to upload it.

• 
Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@humanity: I cannot wait for the bevy of videos from the Ryckoning Truthers who must be primed and ready to blow this thing wide open. :D

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: Are they splitting it between the two? Great to see that amount has been raised. I checked the total yesterday and it was just at over $4k so to see it go double that and then some is fantastic.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#603  Edited By Monkeyman04

@jesus_phish: yup, half goes to Patrick's and the other half goes Dan's.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#605  Edited By Jesus_Phish
TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jesus_phish: After beating the level, Patrick generously offered to split it evenly instead of having all $10,000 go to his preferred charity, the AHA. He said he never expected it to get so high and wanted both charities to get money from the event.

They are still accepting donations for the next day until Thursday morning when the challenge is officially up; so, if anyone wants to up the total even further and help it pass $11,000, you can donate here: https://www.gofundme.com/theryckoning

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@mirado said:

@humanity: I cannot wait for the bevy of videos from the Ryckoning Truthers who must be primed and ready to blow this thing wide open. :D

The facts are there! At the 6 hr mark when Patrick jumps and "figures out" the goomba trick you can clearly see him smirk - load up the UPF from 2012 Nov 9, 1:14:52 he is smirking the EXACT same way! It's so obvious you Klepekologists can deny it all you want but we know he downloaded that level, WE KNOW.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#608  Edited By MindBullet

Congrats Patrick on beating this hell of a level. Congrats Dan on virtually breaking a man's sanity. Congrats everyone watching on proving how ridiculous people can get when watching video games. At least the charity was worth it.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: That's super cool of Patrick.

Anyone got a final death total?

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Anyone know where I can find Dan's full stream? I can only find part of it on Periscope.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#611 riostarwind  Moderator

Ha ha I knew Patrick would win. I just didn't think he would do it last night so I missed out on his victory. Good job to everyone that donated for this silly contest. It was a fun time.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOO! =) I'm super happy he made it.

Jellybones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#613  Edited By Jellybones

Hey, folks. Since I'm apparently the only person who beat the Ryckoning via a specific method, I decided to make an easy little puzzle level based on it. Hope some duders give it a try. Let me know what you think.

ID: 62DC-0000-00A7-DF38

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#614  Edited By cornbredx

I told ya he'd beat it.

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Figures he would do it after I turned off the stream to get some sleep. Ah well.

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I AM THE 49%

No Caption Provided

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

Sad I missed most of the real action. On the East Coast I had to go to sleep around when Dan was taking a taco bell break and Patrick was still trying to get that damn goomba to bounce on the trampoline - I'm baffled as to what that was about. But pretty amazing to see the progress/deaths from there in highlights. Even in archive form the deaths once he managed to get in the door were heartbreaking.

Great battle - can't wait for whatever SMM showdown is coming! I think I agree with Dan that it would be cool to have both a creation and playing competition, as well as a neutral showdown on a Jeff level neither of them has seen.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@patrickklepek: Massive congratulations to you and Dan! What an awesome way to earn money for charity while being hugely entertaining :D

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: After beating the level, Patrick generously offered to split it evenly instead of having all $10,000 go to his preferred charity, the AHA. He said he never expected it to get so high and wanted both charities to get money from the event.

They are still accepting donations for the next day until Thursday morning when the challenge is officially up; so, if anyone wants to up the total even further and help it pass $11,000, you can donate here: https://www.gofundme.com/theryckoning

Beautiful. Seriously, you guys are heroes.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Avatar image for theoriginalmyth
TheOriginalMyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrickklepek: Man some of these moments literally had me jumping up and down. Massive kudos to both you and Dan over $11,000 raised atm and still growing.

Loading Video...

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#622  Edited By matatat

Patrick's face when he got blasted by that flame as he walked into the goal posts. Holy shit, so good.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're both super classy individuals, despite what some people want to think. I was fully expecting that to happen if either of them won, especially since this kinda stupid thing actually brought it a decent chunk of money.

Also that goal post death... I was playing HotS with the stream in the background, and all I hear is Patrick scream NOOOOO. Had to go back and see what happened. If he hadn't beaten it shortly afterwards, man that would've been tragic.

mrsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

@ichthy said:
@truthtellah said:

They're both super classy individuals, despite what some people want to think. I was fully expecting that to happen if either of them won, especially since this kinda stupid thing actually brought it a decent chunk of money.

Also that goal post death... I was playing HotS with the stream in the background, and all I hear is Patrick scream NOOOOO. Had to go back and see what happened. If he hadn't beaten it shortly afterwards, man that would've been tragic.

My wife and I absolutely died laughing when that happened, followed by us immediately feeling terrible for Patrick. I have never seen him look so heartbroken. Watching Dan's Periscope stream simultaneously was an amazing experience.

gtoor14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@ichthy: I don't think he said anything when that death happened. He just kind of stared blankly and quietly restarted the level. Dan even cracked up on periscope at Patrick having such a comatose reaction to it.

Marv89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#627  Edited By Marv89

@sergio said:

@ichthy: I don't think he said anything when that death happened. He just kind of stared blankly and quietly restarted the level. Dan even cracked up on periscope at Patrick having such a comatose reaction to it.

This was the first time I saw someone die on the inside

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio said:

He just looked so broken.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsmiley said:
@ichthy said:
@truthtellah said:

My wife and I absolutely died laughing when that happened, followed by us immediately feeling terrible for Patrick. I have never seen him look so heartbroken. Watching Dan's Periscope stream simultaneously was an amazing experience.

Even Dan seemed stunned in that moment. He had his eyes wide expecting Patrick to win and then he died at the very end.

When Patrick died on the goal post.
When Patrick died on the goal post.
Dan's respect as Patrick finally crossed the finish line.
Dan's respect as Patrick finally crossed the finish line.

renegade1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for Patrick. Then I saw the evil. I had my doubts. Then I saw the logic emerging. Then the evil failed. Congrats Patrick

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Loved the entire event I really have to give Patrick props for working that out, no one plays that shit for 5 hours straight without losing a little piece of your soul.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#632  Edited By 49th

I'm super sad I missed it live, I had to go to bed. There were some really good moments there and Dan's laugh is amazing.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Guess I'll post it here as well.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: Never heard of OAN, but wow. That's wild.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OAN. Your #1 source for news about games journalists, bad pop songs, scary news hosts, and low-budget Fox aping.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornbredx: I feel like it's one of those online-only news sites, but I could be wrong. Might be a local station without a network-affiliation (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX).

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@hassun: I'm so happy they used that particular picture of Dan.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#640  Edited By cornbredx

@sergio: It's a cable channel. They have a website, and they have their channel listings um... listed(?) here

It's a newer news channel (they're owned by Herring Networks, only been around for about 10 years), but I'm just kind of surprised. I didn't think you could still start up a news channel because of the competition and how people don't want to watch the news anymore. I guess you can.

Learn something new every day.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyman04: In the world of Twitter/social media I don't doubt it for a second.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now everybody's favorite littlest brother Griffin McElroy is making a level for Patrick. I hope Patrick didn't just turn himself into a dumpster for everyone's garbage levels.

Although Griffin isn't human trash so I expect the level to be infinitely better.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chilibean_3: So far all the Giant Bomb induced levels Patrick has played have been fun to watch. What's with all this "trash" talk?

That worked out better than I expected.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornbredx: Yeah, the only new "news" networks I see nowadays are mostly focused online, and tend to cater to the far left or right of the political spectrum, since the television market already feels oversaturated with three primary all-news channels.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio: oh ya, I did hear about that one where ladies read the news and took off their top while reading it. But other than that I didn't think any newsnetwork was breaking out.

Especially not on TV.

@monkeyman04: Awesome. I've been waiting for someone else to do this because I didn't want to and I kept putting it off.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Place your bets