#1 Posted by ECU_Assassin (1 posts) -

i have looked around many websites for the answer to this but still nothing to say whether or not the second game to the too human trilogy is going to be released, i loved the first game and when i saw some announcements that the game was actually a trilogy it got me thinking... but the real question is was too human the end of the trilogy for silicon knights or with the carry on this fantastic story line to rise of the giants??

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10576 posts) -

You mean TWO Human?!?!  

I think at this point it's become not unlike Shenmue III, or StarCraft Ghost. Games that shall never be...(Probably). 

#3 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

I certainly hope not, Too Human was a trainwreck.

#4 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -

Frankly I'm surprised they haven't announced their closure.  Too Human is the kind of failure that can end a studio, especially after the time and money that got sunk into it along with a mountain of hype.

#5 Posted by ApertureSilence (1156 posts) -

I hated hated hated Too Human, so I hope they'll instead get back and make a sequel folks actually care about. 

*cough* Eternal Darkness 2 *cough*

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10576 posts) -

Also, I should point out that I was one of the five or so people that actually enjoyed Too Human. I thought it was fun. 

#7 Posted by C0V3RT (1362 posts) -

Nope.

#8 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

I'd love to see them take everything from the original and try to improve it. I think it could be an Assassin's Creed-type situation where the second is much better than the first.

#9 Posted by Jimbo (9776 posts) -

No question; Dyack got too many answers.

#10 Posted by mordukai (7141 posts) -
@Prodstep said:
" I certainly hope not, Too Human was a trainwreck. "
Too Human would have been great if the had a completely different combat system. 
#11 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Don't be crazy, it's not 2015 yet.

#12 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@ECU_Assassin: I'm almost certain a sequel has been completely dismissed, but, as I have no sources, don't listen to a word I'm saying.
#13 Posted by Jimbo (9776 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" I'd love to see them take everything from the original and try to improve it. I think it could be an Assassin's Creed-type situation where the second is much better than the first. "
Maybe, but it's a much easier to get a second chance when your supposedly not very good (but actually very good) first game sells ~8 million copies.
#14 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" I'd love to see them take everything from the original and try to improve it. I think it could be an Assassin's Creed-type situation where the second is much better than the first. "
Maybe, but it's a much easier to get a second chance when your supposedly not very good (but actually very good) first game sells ~8 million copies. "
You're not wrong. 

I remember first hearing about Too Human though. The concept alone has so much potential. I'd just love to see it done well.
#15 Posted by ClaritySam (594 posts) -

Oh my god I hope not.  Worst game I've played in years.

#16 Posted by goodwood (600 posts) -

For some reason I enjoyed Too Human. Not sure if I would buy a sequel though.

#17 Posted by xyzygy (9899 posts) -

I thought Too Human was amazing. So naturally I hope they come out with a second one. But, Silicon Knights is working on the next X-Men RPG which looks like it could be awesome. 

Also, people tend to not really realize what Too Human actually went through before it came out. How many platforms it was developed for, how many different gameplay styles it had.

#18 Posted by 02sfraser (847 posts) -

I thought Too Human was awful. I would much rather see Eternal Darkness 2!

#19 Posted by Dudacles (1442 posts) -

I doubt it. The first game was  rather bad, and I honestly doubt it sold well.

#20 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" You mean TWO Human?!?!    "
fuck man i came here just to make that joke and now you've ruined it :(
#21 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4611 posts) -

Too Human was a really rough diamond. All it needed was more shape, and a lot more polish for it to really shine. It also needed to be longer. I beat the damn game in 8 hours, and that is just disgusting for an RPG. 

There is a wealth of potential in the setting, and the characters (while pedestrian) served their roles well. I particularly enjoyed the SK take on Hell, but the damn cliffhanger ending and the promise of MOAR probably put a lot of people off, as did the combat. Bottom line? I hope that SK gets another crack at Too Human. They're a damn good studio and if Ubisoft Montreal got a second chance with AC2 (not deriding the first title, I thoroughly enjoyed it), then SK definitely deserves it if only for the pedigree behind that studio.

#22 Posted by SquirrelGOD (493 posts) -

Too Human was handled so damn poorly that it will most likely never get a shot at a sequel.  Just too much stupid.  Dyack especially was horrible:  He was overly defensive, he kept making insane promises, he focused too much on talking about what the future games would be like instead of what the first game would be like, etc.  Hell, I remember him saying that his favorite class WASN'T IN THE GAME BECAUSE HE WAS SAVING IT FOR THE SEQUEL.  That's just a new level of durrr.  This is the game that people should look at when they consider making their game into a series of games right from the get go.  Learn from this trainwreck, and don't do what Silicon Knights did.

#23 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" I think at this point it's become not unlike Shenmue III. Games that shall never be...(Probably).  "
Aw man, you just had to go and re-open old wounds. Excuse me while I go cry and eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's.
#24 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3112 posts) -

I liked the first one quite a bit, it just got repetitive.

#25 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

I feel bad for Silicon Knights. Too Human had such a rough dev cycle and then the Internet exploded all over it. The final game wasn't great, but it was solid and had some really cool ideas. Had it been removed from all that drama I think more people would have liked it., but just having it come out and not be total garbage is a victory given all the complete revisions it went through.

#26 Posted by august (3827 posts) -
@DukeTogo said:
" Frankly I'm surprised they haven't announced their closure.  Too Human is the kind of failure that can end a studio, especially after the time and money that got sunk into it along with a mountain of hype. "
They've been propped up by a seizable loan from the Canadian government.
#27 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -

How has nobody posted the video thing. Any chance we get someone always reposts it.

#28 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Too Human sucked, unless they made major improvements I don't want a sequel.

#29 Posted by Willin (1280 posts) -

I'm just gonna leave this here if you don't mind:

#30 Posted by bartok (2436 posts) -

Choco Tacos are gangsta as fuck son!!!

#31 Posted by ajamafalous (11876 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" You mean TWO Human? "

#32 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

Too Human really was a fucking fantastic premise. I hope they get a chance to keep it going and make something good, but I very much doubt they ever will. 

#33 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i doubt it. the first one was a fail. i played the demo for the game. i thought that the demo was good. i didn't play the first game but i thought it was good.

#34 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

cybernetic oppressive norse god is still a hell of a setting for a video game. 

lets hope Santa Monica (they did the GoW series right?) don't do a God of Thunder game.

#35 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

The game wasn't that good, so I wouldn't be surprised if they never released a sequel.

#36 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

Is Silicon Knights working on anything officially at this point? They seemed to go into hiding after Too Human.

#37 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -
@owl_of_minerva said:
" Is Silicon Knights working on anything officially at this point? They seemed to go into hiding after Too Human. "
the new activision x-men RPG is being made by them.
#38 Posted by sizu (391 posts) -

I hope so.  The original wasn't as bad as the haters made out.   

It was unfortunate that many people jumped on the "Too Human is garbage" train as they thought it was the cool thing to do.  While the release wasn't perfect it didn't deserve all the finger poking.  Albeit Dyack's performance on GAF didn't help.

#39 Posted by MisoRonery (468 posts) -

holding it in... 
holding it in...... 

HAHA HAHAAH HAHAHAHAHAH HAHAAAA! 

No, and I hope whatever coherent talent is left at SK has the good sense to work on any other property.  

2^wo HyU-MAnN ~33/100: Gaijin Shinbun; Ichi Neko - Ariba 
(oh wait it's SK not SE)

#40 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

Man, I forgot what an abortion of a game that was. 

And the answer is no. SK is currently working on an Xmen game.

#41 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I'd rather they make an Eternal Darkness sequel.

#42 Posted by Cvamp (39 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" Also, I should point out that I was one of the five or so people that actually enjoyed Too Human. I thought it was fun.  "
Same for me and as much as I want a new Too Human game I know its pretty damn unlikely.
#43 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

The fact it took them nearly a decade to make Two Human and are now doing a licensed X-Men RPG should be all the information you need to know. They are most likely simply trying to get some money in order to do things they want to do. So, I suppose you can never discount a Two Human sequel but it won't be happening anytime soon and will likely hinge on the success of this X-Men RPG.
#44 Posted by Anupsis (284 posts) -

I thought it was kinda fun but half way through it it started to hurt to play it. I honestly do not see them continuing that series but would not be opposed to it returning. A few more years and it could of been really good.

#45 Posted by Chris2KLee (2331 posts) -

The game reviewed pretty poorly, and general player reactions were not much better. With Silicon Knights working on the X-Men RPG, I don't see a new Too Human anytime soon. That said, Dennis Dyack loves that series like it's his baby. If they can get some good traction with the X-Men RPG, they could use the positive PR and money to try and get another Too Human going.

#46 Posted by avantegardener (1111 posts) -

I hope not.

#47 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1734 posts) -

Dyack is a mad man, so I certainly hope so.