#1 Edited by thatdutchguy (1283 posts) -

Hey Duders,

Do you think Sony will announce Shenmue 3 for PS4 right after the xbox conference ?

Cliff Bleszinski ‏@therealcliffyb 2h

MEGATON ALERT TEH GAF "@megganpez: Mark Cerny & Yu Suzuki talking strategy for Shenmue III. For reals you guys.

Would be so fucking awesome if Shenmue 3 would become a reality.

This E3 is gonna be crazy if this is true. lol

#3 Posted by DeeGee (2143 posts) -

Real talk, guys.

Nobody cares about Shenmue.

#4 Posted by Abendlaender (2889 posts) -

No. Shenmue 3 is never going to happen. Nobody cares about Shenmue anymore. It's dead. Leave it that way.

#5 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

How would annocing ONE game counter a entire conference for a new console?

#6 Posted by thatdutchguy (1283 posts) -
#7 Edited by probablytuna (3824 posts) -

No.

#8 Posted by Karkarov (3284 posts) -

Yu Suzuki does not own the rights to Shenmue... Sega does. Last I checked Suzuki either no longer works for Sega or is in a small branch of it where he no longer has any decision making powers. So no, this isn't really news. When you see a Shenmue 3 reveal and an actual tech demo/trailer then I will believe Shenmue 3 will happen.

Also Shenmue haters can suck it. Just cause you don't appreciate the fine arts of forklift driving and asking old ladies with groceries about the four Wu-Du doesn't mean that none of us do!

#9 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

No I rather want a good game.

#10 Posted by thatdutchguy (1283 posts) -

@karkarov: ah, ok thanks for the clarification.

Still would be awesome what they could do with shenmue on the new consoles.

#11 Posted by ThunderSlash (1960 posts) -

Hey Mister! Wanna wrestle?

#12 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

@karkarov said:

Yu Suzuki does not own the rights to Shenmue... Sega does. Last I checked Suzuki either no longer works for Sega or is in a small branch of it where he no longer has any decision making powers. So no, this isn't really news. When you see a Shenmue 3 reveal and an actual tech demo/trailer then I will believe Shenmue 3 will happen.

Also Shenmue haters can suck it. Just cause you don't appreciate the fine arts of forklift driving and asking old ladies with groceries about the four Wu-Du doesn't mean that none of us do!

Sega already made a much better and profitable Shenmue like game called Yakuza. Go and check it out.

#13 Posted by Brodehouse (10130 posts) -

SAILORS

#14 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@darji: "Better" is a matter of opinion. They have very different settings, plots and themes, with Yakuza having a much stronger focus on the fighting.

I'd love to see a conclusion to the Shenmue series, but I don't see it ever happening, especially as a huge announcement like this. At best, it'd happen as a cheaply produced XBLA/PSN game.

#15 Posted by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -

How about we finish the Sony exclusive games already announced before we start new ones? I'm looking at you Last Guardian.

#16 Posted by Winternet (8055 posts) -

Hahaha, no.

#17 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

Don't hold your breath.

#18 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

How about we finish the Sony exclusive games already announced before we start new ones? I'm looking at you Last Guardian.

The Last Guardian, coming soon to the PS5 in 2020.