Will the PS4 come bundled with a headset.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

Nobody has a mic for the PS3, I'd wager about 25% of PS3 owners own some kind of headset for there PS3, but because there is still 75% of people that don't have one they see no reason to use theres. Do you think that the PS4 will have a headset bundled in like the Xbox360 did?

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Sure why not.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By imsh_pl

God I hope no.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hizang

I really hope they don't either, I like the fact that there are not stupid 13 year olds swearing.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By ProfessorEss
@Pr1mus said:
Hopefully no, see what it did for the x360 community? If people have to buy one with their own money they stand a better chance of being older and somewhat more mature.
Do people actually believe this line? Or do they just say it as a joke? 
I can't help but chuckle when people pretend that one of the platforms out there actually has some sort of measurable maturity level. 

Anyways, at the end of the day most XBox Live players have probably had to buy their own headsets because those one's that come in the box are sub-free-airline quality.

I can't help but assume that the PS4 will come with one - and it will also be a cheapass piece of junk that'll have to be replaced sooner than later.
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Doctorchimp

@ProfessorEss said:

@Pr1mus said:
Hopefully no, see what it did for the x360 community? If people have to buy one with their own money they stand a better chance of being older and somewhat more mature.
Do people actually believe this line? Or do they just say it as a joke? I can't help but chuckle when people pretend that one of the platforms out there actually has some sort of measurable maturity level. Anyways, at the end of the day most XBox Live players have probably had to buy their own headsets because those one's that come in the box are sub-free-airline quality. I can't help but assume that the PS4 will come with one - and it will also be a cheapass piece of junk that'll have to be replaced sooner than later.

Yeah every time I hear that I can't help but think that person actually hasn't spent all that much time online...especially now that the 360 has party chat my time on it has always been great with friends I actually know.

Also the better question would be if Sony is going to start charging for online access and have cross-game chat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

The PS4 will insert directly in the back of your neck for one of the most intense and realistic gaming experiences of all time.  The need for peripherals such as headsets and Move Wands are pointless when the only limitation is the power of your imagination.  Though be warned if you die in the game you die for real.  

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By JoeyRavn

@bartok said:

The PS4 will insert directly in the back of your neck for one of the most intense and realistic gaming experiences of all time. The need for peripherals such as headsets and Move Wands are pointless when the only limitation is the power of your imagination. Though be warned if you die in the game you die for real.

Cerebral implants are still in very early stages of development. The anus is still the most cost-efficient I/O connector in the human body. Hence the reason so many people talk so much shit on XBL.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By GunstarRed

All of the games I have played online with quite vocal users (Socom 4, Killzone 2/3, Resistance) have had pretty loud and annoying people and rarely is it kids, infact it's usually the "more mature" adults that are being dicks. I think Sony would be insane not to include a headset, they want to take as many of the good ideas Microsoft have had as possible. 

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By onarum

Don't know and don't care, I always play my games silently and mute everyone else, if a game doesn't allow me to mute people I just don't play it online, very simple.

It's either that or play 100% of the time with friends, which for me is not really a feasible thing, the great majority of the people I can actually call friends are not even into gaming at all.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By mesoian

Probably not. They'll do what they're doing now, make it open bluetooth and let people use whatever they want while having a large variety of bluetooth headsets on the market for you to buy.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Yanngc33

Nobody has mics on PS3? My last 5 games of Resistance 3 have been full of racial slurs

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hizang

@Yanngc33: The people that buy Resistance 3 shortly after it has been released are more likely to have mics than the people that will pick it up a few months from now.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#14  Edited By Kidavenger

A better question is whether they will make one that works. I have a headset for mine and I've followed 5-6 guides on how to make it work (something to do with NAT2) and it's never worked. Meanwhile Ventrillo, Skype, Google Talk, and any other voice communication system I have works perfectly fine over the same connection.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iam3green

i hope so. i don't care if they keep the USB ones because i have the one that i bought to use for the ps3.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By wefwefasdf

I don't know. Does Sony even include an HDMI cable yet?

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By ProfessorEss
@Hizang said:

@Yanngc33: The people that buy Resistance 3 shortly after it has been released are more likely to have mics than the people that will pick it up a few months from now.

And the people who buy Resistance 3 shortly after it's released are more likely to be the people who become the long-term players that most people will be playing with.

I'm afraid I'm not quite getting your overly complicated qualifier.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By toowalrus

Probably.

MarxMygdala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MarxMygdala

It has one built in. 

No Caption Provided
ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By ProfessorK

If it cost 600+ at launch like the last one I'd hope so.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MrKlorox

Nah, it'll be bundled with a new version of PSeye, and you'll have to use the mic in it, or buy a real headset.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By James_ex_machina

Of all the possible PS4 questions.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#23  Edited By sammo21

@Hizang: I don't see a reason to use my 360 headset 90% of the time honestly.