#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

#2 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

I don't know if it will but it should.

The fact that wired headset have to plug into the PS3 directly is moronic.

#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

It should. It's stupid as hell that the ps3 doesn't.

#4 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i put yes, but i don't think so. i already have a headset usb one so if it it doesn't i am already set.

i was thinking they should put a bluetooth one. it would be cool for them to do that.

#5 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Its not so much me I care about, as I have a sweet Turtle Beach headset, but its me being the only dude who has one. I always try and have it on my usually I'm just talking to myself.

#6 Posted by 71Ranchero (2797 posts) -

I doubt it. Not much point in including one when just about any old USB headset will work.

#7 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Let me just check the papers we get here at Sony. 
Yes, this invisible paper says that we will bundle a headset with the console!  

But yeah, I hope it does when that finally comes out at some point. 
And I hope it's better than the flimsy POS the 360 came with

#8 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

I doubt it will do, idk how much people on ps3 use headsets in general but then all my friends i talk to are all over skype in whatever i'm doing, and rarly with randomer's.

#9 Posted by Sackmanjones (4785 posts) -

It will probably work with any Bluetooth or USB one again so I doubt it. On one hand I like it like that and on the other I dont.

#10 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I'd say yes. I think Sony has learned why Xbox Live has been so successful and will make their online system much better than it currently is. At least I hope so.

#11 Posted by Marz (5668 posts) -

if they packaged the wireless one with every system that would be awesome.... but they should at least put in some sort cheap USB mic or put the Mic on the console itself so it listens to the room for your voice if you choose to use it.

#12 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -

I don't think so. But it should.

#13 Posted by The_tato (70 posts) -

I think they should, but in efforts to slim down the contents of the package for as competitive a price point as possible, I think theyll opt out of it. It is possible they might try bundling one with a game or some other peripheral pack though.

#14 Posted by amir90 (2178 posts) -

It should, but it won't.

#15 Posted by SmilingPig (1341 posts) -

I hope not, it would drive the price up and most people would never use it.

#16 Posted by mikey87144 (1811 posts) -

Probably not. I'm not sure people care about that anymore.

#17 Posted by wewantsthering (1586 posts) -

Speculating on a peripheral for an unannounced product? lol

#18 Posted by ultimatepunchrod (336 posts) -

@Hizang said:

Its not so much me I care about, as I have a sweet Turtle Beach headset, but its me being the only dude who has one. I always try and have it on my usually I'm just talking to myself.

Same here, but with a lower quality headset.

#19 Posted by MikkaQ (10336 posts) -

Gee I sure hope so.

#20 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1262 posts) -

It absolutely should. PS3 not having a headset packed-in with the system I felted was one of the bigger reasons why the PS3 did not sell as well as the xbox since most people would rather buy the system where they can talk to their friends on day one.

#21 Edited by Ares42 (2778 posts) -

Why would you want it? I mean in US (where the 360 was bundled with a headset) XboX Live has a pretty fervent reputation for being filled with screaming kids and obsceneties, while in EU (where I believe it wasn't?) I've yet to really experience the "awfulness of XboX Live". Sure, there's probably way less chatter in general, but if you ask me I'd rather have the people who are interested in using voice comm constructively deal with getting a headset on their own rather than giving one to every single user out there.

If anything I'd prefer they made the console more user-friendly for generic headsets. I've been using the same mini-jack headset for my PC and both consoles, and it's sort of a nightmare. Having to get extra hardware to even be able to plug it in, then having to switch audio settings every time I want to switch from headset to speakers, not to mention really poor settings.

#22 Posted by The_tato (70 posts) -

@NoobSauceG7 said:

It absolutely should. PS3 not having a headset packed-in with the system I felted was one of the bigger reasons why the PS3 did not sell as well as the xbox since most people would rather buy the system where they can talk to their friends on day one.

I think the original 600$ price point was the bigger issue for selling systems early on. Though it is sort of crazy that it was that much AND there wasnt a headset.

#23 Posted by GunstarRed (5404 posts) -

It would be nice and it would make sense for Sony to do so, but I have noticed less and less people use them on the 360. there was a point when I'd always hear people screaming nonsense or singing through my tv. I played about 30 or so hours of Ghost Recon recently and I think I heard people with mics about ten times.

#24 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6401 posts) -

I could be wrong, but I thought their excuse for not having a mic included was that access to playing online on a PS3 was free. With the release of Playstation Plus very much behind them and with the almost complete assurance that it will be available with the new console, I guess it might happen? It's a bit up in the air.

#25 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1262 posts) -

@The_tato said:

@NoobSauceG7 said:

I think the original 600$ price point was the bigger issue for selling systems early on. Though it is sort of crazy that it was that much AND there wasnt a headset.

Yea for the amount they were charging it is pretty crazy that a headset wasn't just thrown into the bundle.

#26 Edited by SomeJerk (3364 posts) -

Not many (of all buyers) would use a headset bundled with the PS4, so no. It would be (kinda) comparable to giving two pads with a default package, a lot of buyers would end up using only one. I'm a business man doing business, man.

I would love more headsets & talking going on, especially from the folks who have English as a second, third or fourth language, we all need practice. Luckily getting audio i/o from a PS3 is as simple as a tiny $10 USB plug/play soundcard, and a headset.

#27 Posted by The_Tolman (435 posts) -

MONIESSSSSSSS!

#28 Posted by banishedsoul1 (294 posts) -

it would be awesome because there are so few people who talk over psn in game. But i don't think sony would add the extra cost on the system. Maybe they will have one built in like the wii pad. It would only cost them like a buck or two to put one in.

#29 Posted by crusader8463 (14427 posts) -

If they do I hope it's better then the crappy one that came with the 360. No matter how loud I turned that mother fucker up everything was muffled and impossible to hear. I would always have to fire up skype on my PC to talk to the guy I was playing with.

#30 Posted by Ninja_Welshman (498 posts) -

God I hope not!! If they do they include the option to mute everyone not on your friend list.

#31 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

It probably should. But I don't think it matters. It won't be good as one you'd buy yourself.

#32 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11457 posts) -

I hope not. One of the things I love about the PS3 is that people are less likely to talk when playing online because not everyone has headsets.