Will the Wii U Pro controller work with regular Wii games?

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I've been looking everywhere, but I can't seem to find the answer. It may just be eluding me, but I wanted to ask if anyone else knows if the Wii U Pro controller will work with regular Wii games on the Wii U? I noticed when I paired my Wii remote to my Wii U in the Wii menu that it had a picture of the Pro controller as well. I'm sure it doesn't, but I'm hopeful. I'd love to play Xenoblade: Chronicles with that thing, since the stupid corded classic controller/wii-remote bundle nonsense really deterred my enjoyment of that game and stopped in hopes that I can find a better option in the future.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By DeF

Nope.

Wii Mode turns off ALL Wii U specific functionality which includes support for the Pro Controller.

Avatar image for somethingclever
SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By SomethingClever

From my experience, I would rather keep my old Wii setup and use it if I have a desire to play an older game or any of those Virtual Console games. The Wii U as it currently exists is slow to navigate and cumbersome, Wii functionality feels like a crammed in afterthought and not a fully integrated backwards compatibility. I would have rather they didn't bother with it if this is the best they could do. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the system so far but to go through the multiple steps and loads required to play a Wii game is just not worth it to me. The Wii is pretty small the solution for me is that it gets to live alongside it's new brother for a while longer.

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@SomethingClever: I can't help but be happy that it's there at all. I stopped caring too much for the Wii a while back and I have had Super Mario Galaxy 2, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Xenoblade: Chronicles that I can't help but be excited to eventually play.