Will you Buy Any Next-Gen Hardware, in the next 18 months? (Poll)

• 100 results
Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

It's why am holding off upgrading my PC, i can play most of the new stuff on Medium-High as it is, don't really see the point in making it look better as it really isn't a huge jump from what I have now a 5850.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By geirr

I upgrade my PC now and then so I'm fine for next-gen hardware unless there's some insane 1st party/exclusives, and my wife wants a 3DS for the new Pokemon; 3DS counts, right? :D

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@geirr said:

I upgrade my PC now and then so I'm fine for next-gen hardware unless there's some insane 1st party/exclusives, and my wife wants a 3DS for the new Pokemon; 3DS counts, right? :D

That's like a "SmartThing," I think. :)

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Seppli

Circumstances allowing, at the point that both Microsoft's and Sony's systems are known quantities, I will pre-order whichever speaks to me more. This generation I've started out on 360, switched over to PS3 because I'm unwilling to pay for the gold subscription, and then moved on to PC first and foremost since the PSN outage.

I'm trending towards getting the PS4, but Microsoft might have a chance at getting my business, if they'd drop the silly gold subscription for basic online functionality.

Not getting both systems, at least not around launch. Likely that I'll get the other system a couple of years down the line. Then again, the day has just so many hours and there's always too much content to chose from. Who knows? Voted Playstation 4.

FLYmeatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By FLYmeatwad

I doubt there's really any sort of chance that Microsoft drops XBL Gold subscriptions.

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By slax

I got an Xbox 360 pretty early in the life cycle and PS3 just last year. But unless some mind-blowing hardware is announced, I doubt I'll adopt early again. This is mostly because now I have a PC that can play games, with games consistently coming out. I'll see how the libraries for these systems stack up after a while.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57  Edited By Castiel

Well I would definitely buy a PS4. I have always owned a playstation and I like the exclusives, but to answer your question: It would all the depend on the price and the games released.

But sure if ain't too expensive then I would.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By brutushayesosu

Probably going to try to unload my Xbox Elite real soon, keep my PS3, and most likely get a PS4. Unless, MS blows me away with their next console. I really doubt it will though. I have a pretty recent pc build with a 660ti (i5 3570K) which should hold me over for awhile. So right now I can see getting a PS4 sometime mid 2014

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I will not be getting a next gen system till a year or so in.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By JoeyRavn

Why isn't the WiiU an option in the poll? If the PS4 and whatever the next Xbox is called are "the nex gen", the WiiU has to be "the next gen" too. Though, technically, since the WiiU has already launched, PS4 and the next Xbox are "current gen". So, yeah. Dumb poll. I'm not voting.

I'll probably buy a Wii U in the near future. Next Christmas looks like a good time to get one. And I'll upgrade to a 3DS XL next month.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By Kerned

Assuming all the current rumors are true (which is a big assumption) I'll get a Playstation first, and might just skip the new Xbox altogether. In reality though it's just far too early to say for sure.

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62  Edited By BleedingStarX

I wont buy anything that blocks preowned games, the majority of games these days are terrible and are in no way worth the price the company expects you to pay for them. £40 for a game that if its bad I can't trade in or sell on? No thanks

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#63  Edited By jacdg

I really want the new Playstation, however I'm still PERFECTLY happy with my PS3, so no, I probably won't.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Zeik

I don't buy consoles at launch and there's nothing to suggest this gen will change that. If I do spend money on a "next-gen thing" it will probably be a PC. Not because I prefer the PC, I just need a PC that doesn't suck.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Grillbar

I will most likely buy a ps4. even though i am getting a little tired of the ps3 as i have moved back to pc gaming. but since i have no information about it i cant say for sure. the more correct answer is that if a buy a console wich i most likely am it will properly be the ps4 since im already heavely invested in the ps consoles, and i prefered the ps3 to the xbox.

its to early to tell for sure but sure

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Seppli

@FLYmeatwad said:

I doubt there's really any sort of chance that Microsoft drops XBL Gold subscriptions.

It just depends what's in the gold subscription. I don't give two shits about party chat and such, but I'm playing lots of online games. I can play online games on both PC and PS3 for free, why would I pay for such a thing on Xbox? Sure, some exclusives are hard to resist, like Forza Horizon and Halo 4, but in the end there's just way too much other stuff to play instead. I just don't think Microsoft can afford to take the risk of not being competitive with PSN+ for the launch of the next generation.

I think Microsoft has to seriously consider if they want to go forward into the next generation with the gold subscription as it is. They could potentially lose market leadership over it.

If the gold subscription for X-Eight turns out to be access to a comprehensive and ever growing library of xbox and 360 games via streaming service or even better straight-up, then hell yeah I'm getting the new Xbox and a Gold Subscription. Unless Sony does the same with PS4 and PSN+, then I'll have to weigh my options. Hell - they're already half-way there. I would gladly pay a substantial subscription for access to a Playstation gaming library in the vein of what Spotify is for music, just for PS1 & 2 & 3 & PSP & PSV games.

Avatar image for just_an_other_muffin
Just_an_other_muffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I can get a new TV, that isn't a giant SD CRT. Can't believe taht I still have it.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By jdh5153

Xbox on day one without question. Can't wait!

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unlikely.

Money and all that will be fine. I think the thing is how these companies (platform holder and publisher) treats the consumer over the next two years. I'm okay with the whole no used games situation; it's been the way on PC for years now; my concern is how pricing will work on the system. Everyone keeps saying how great Steam is (which it is!) and how they expect the next gen system stores to be; I just don't see it. I'm concerned with only one store that can sell stuff, they'll be no competition and a closed system, publishers will be really inflexible in pricing.

You see it now with PSN and XBL where games cost £49.99 on PSN when I could pick up a copy in a store for £20 or so. I await to see if they emulate steam and are flexible with meaningful sales and stuff, but I just don't see it with either of them. If that's the case, I'll build a gaming PC and continue from there.

FLYmeatwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By FLYmeatwad

@Seppli: I agree with wanting that, but I think Microsoft would need to see their marketshare decrease significantly first before even considering a fundamental change in what XBL Gold offers. They are currently the clear leader in online gaming and people seem pretty happy to pay for the ability to play online without many other benefits (Netflix/Hulu streaming and occasional sales on games are pretty good, but I would like to see those as 'basic' features as well), so there's little reason to expect they'll change.

I also imagine Sony stays the PS+ course, which makes them a bit more appealing to me. I'm going to get both of these at some point, probably, just depends which I get first. I don't really play online with friends too often, but all my friends have PS3s and I primarily buy my games on Xbox, so that could change if we all get the PS4 I guess.

I'm just ready for announcements, damn it!

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Gaff

@TooWalrus said:

It all depends on the GAMES.

The only sensible answer!

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By yetiantics

Even if details emerge, I still end up waiting a year for them to iron out any launch troubles, like server/firmware issues.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#73  Edited By JasonR86

I need a 'maybe' option.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By crusader8463

I have no idea because there has been zero information about what they will be. Unless they launch with some mind blowing games and are not just more of the same I won't be buying anything.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#75  Edited By breadfan

Probably going to stick with whatever the new Xbox is. Whether or not I buy it depends on the launch lineup. I'm perfectly fine with waiting a year or two before dropping money on a new console.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By HerbieBug

It is possible I will purchase one of them. That all depends on design and functionality, both advertised and actually delivered. I will not buy anything day-1 though.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ssj4raditz

Where's the "I'd love to get new hardware but I need to finish all these games I missed out on from this generation so I doubt I'll be buying anything new console-wise for quite a while" option?

...wait, I guess that's just a "no", isn't it?

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#78  Edited By l4wd0g

I don't know. I'm at a point in my life where I feel that I need to do more for others. We live in a world where human trafficking and genocide are happening but we don't really care because we have an escape in video games

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Laini said:

Xbox 1080 Nosegrab

I laughed.

Anyway, I voted multiple purchases. I'm mostly looking at Steambox (or gaming PC) and a Wii U for next gen.

Casey25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Casey25

as long as most games are still available for pc, i'll probably hold off on a new console until at least the first price drop. My pc isn't bleeding edge, but i don't expect these next gen console games to be unplayable on what i have now.

Additionally, i'm skeptical of any special new tech gimmick they might be trying to roll out, though i can't be sure since they haven't actually shown anything yet. Avoiding the Kinect at launch to see how it panned out before thinking of purchasing it was a good choice, and I'll likely do the same for any special new tech sony or MS will use to woo casuals and whatnot.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By DaMisterChief

I'll probably get a New XBOX since im certain Alan Wake 2 is a launch title and i just love the first game. Also i'm a Xbox sub for about 7 more YEARS so I'll put that to USE

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By theveej

if I get a full time job, then yes. Probably leaning towards xbox, but I'm open enough to get a ps4 if it seems legit.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

Why isn't Wii U an option?

Spankmealotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Spankmealotus

This is kind of ridiculous to be asking now. The only information we actually have is a bunch of rumors and speculation. I personally have been really wanting to see Sony get their shit together with the next Playstation. I'm pretty sick of Microsofts you-must-pay-extra-for-everything attitude. Chances are I'll either get the next Playstation or just stick to PC gaming. Note: I have most of my current gen console games on the Xbox and never actually purchased a PS3.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SlashDance

@Metric_Outlaw said:

Why isn't Wii U an option?

It says "next-gen hardware" right in the title !

ahaa ! *runs away*

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#86  Edited By KaneRobot

Everything I've been hearing about...well, everything lately has me leaning towards no. Have never been a big PC gamer, and both consoles are turning me off with these rumors of no used games.

Still have a 360 backlog that will last me another 2 years if I want it to. Very little incentive to move on.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#87  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

If a system comes out with upgraded graphics, a controller that actually looks and feels like a controller, and has great looking games, absolutely. I'm not paying $400 for some Entertainment Unit Gargantua 500XLT that treats games like, "Oh, we have those too." I'm perfectly fine with incremental upgrades to hardware at this point, and in this generation, that's all I really want. Just feed me games. damn it.

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By QuistisTrepe

Nope, my X360 already works just fine as a media extender and sometimes game console and then there's my massive back log of Steam purchases to consider. My gaming needs are set for at least a few years.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Dalai

The only thing I might do in the next 18 months is build a PC.

Or build an N-Gage.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#90  Edited By Raven10

I voted no because I can't see myself having the money to invest in a new console and games/controllers in the next 18 months. As for what I would get, it will depend on what games come to each system. Probably a PS4 especially if Live continues to cost money to use. I might get an original Wii at some point in the next year. There are a good amount of games on that system I'd like to play and a fair number of them don't cost too much anymore. I didn't buy a PS2 until 2008 and didn't have a 360 until 2011. I can wait. I have a decent computer so I will be able to keep up for a year or two more before I really need a new system, be it a new PC or a next gen console.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#91  Edited By Levio

Can't wait for 720 to hit so I can use one of these

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#92  Edited By shiftymagician

I have a decent job now so assuming the next generation consoles shows definite promise or a good library of games I ain't getting on the PC, I'll get at least the new Sony and Microsoft console. Not sure on the Steam box as I already have a decent PC for now but I'll be curious what becomes of Valve's hardware offering.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#93  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

Unless the PS4 looks like it won't have much support game wise I'll be picking one up. Microsoft will have to show quite a few new IP to even get me interested in the next Xbox. Most of the games I would want to play on it will be third party and my PC is more than powerful enough to handle it.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#94  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Depends a lot on the final pricing, features and launch lineups for the systems. I'm certainly interested in the PlayStation 4, Steambox and Ouya.

If the PS4 has decent backwards compatibilty, I would probably consider buying one early on, as I already have a good PS1-PS3 collection I could play on that regardless of the quality of their launch titles, and being a PS+ subscriber, I hope they'll do something good with that on the next system. Assuming they don't fuck it up like with their previous two launches, either shipping the PS4 without an internal hard drive, but requiring one for every game, and then charging a premium for shoddy low capacity proprietary hard drives (like the PS Vita and 360), or selling them for $2200 (like the Halcyon and PS3). I'm hoping they have the capacity to learn from their previous mistakes.

The other two are mostly interesting as curiosities, but if they are cheap enough they are interesting enough to check out, and I guess I already have some games that could work on both of them.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By iam3green

i don't know what to get yet. i'm going to wait until a lot more information is released.

i usually wait a few years for the price to drop before i buy one.

Zebracal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope not yet, I for one always relay on reviews and opinions. I can still wait, besides there are still a lot of games for the 360 and ps3 waiting to be played in my backlogs. I'm pretty much covered for the next 18 months.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

Hopefully i will be buying a PS4 at launch.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'll get whichever console requires an always-on connection, and blocks used games. Bring it on, I ain't no technophobe, I embrace the future!

loyalroyal1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a powerful gaming pc and have brought a wiiu so i will hold off new hardware till there is a price cut for the new xbox or playstation to get one but i may just not buy one this time round kind of love the pc more and more.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a PC with better components than the next gen consoles will have, so I'm fine. Don't need it just yet.