• 73 results
#51 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -

Yeah, probably. I'll be more than old enough to drive and I'll probably have money to shed.

@MB:
Actually, I prefer that idea. I love the cold, but I can't stand pisssing rain or freeze for long periods of time.

#52 Posted by chavafx (43 posts) -

yes but only if is not the  wii strategy  the hardware haves tobe 4x more powerful then  the older gen..  if not   the no thanx
#53 Posted by illmatic19 (964 posts) -

Sure, as long as it doesn't costs $600...

#54 Edited by Geno (6477 posts) -

Depends on the hardware. A Wii-like system? Already made that mistake this gen. It would have to be amazing enough to tear me away from PC gaming, which would take strong hardware (relative to price), diverse features and at least a handful of good launch titles, with future AAA exclusives in queue. 

#55 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

Nope, I wait at least a year after launch.

#56 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3131 posts) -

I'm poor. Can't do it.

#57 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

Nintendo?  Yes, without a doubt as I have every console since SNES.  I have yet to be disappointed.

Sony?  About 3 years in when the price is actually reasonable (I am still waiting for that to happen with the PS3) 

Microsoft?  At least 2-3 years in when I am sure they are actually functioning properly and cheaper.

#58 Posted by Artemis_D (817 posts) -

...why would I do a thing like that?

#59 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

I doubt it.

#60 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11587 posts) -

No. I got the Wii at launch (launch-era, really) and to my dismay, Twilight Princess was kind of... lame. It took a while for the Wii to have any games that I would consider "Must Buy". Same could be said for PS3. The 360 on the other hand... had great title support right out of the gate, but of course I doubt there are any launch 360s still intact by this point because of the red ring debacle. 

Basically experience has proven that the right method is to wait and see what happens first, then purchase the console after either a price drop or a high quality release.

#61 Edited by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

Nope. Whenever I am able to get it, I'll get it. If I don't or do, then whatever!!

#62 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

Probably not. I have never bought a console at launch before.

#63 Posted by Dalai (7016 posts) -

I never bought a console at launch so I'm not gonna start now. I usually wait a few months until I can walk into a store and buy one without waiting in line overnight. 

Then again, I proved I can wait for several hours in line when I got a Wii.

#64 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -
@MB said:
" Yes...and my strategy will be the same as always. Pay a bum $50 to wait in line for me all day and all night. Rip the $50 in half, he gets the other half when I show up to take his place. Worked like a charm for both the PSP and Xbox 360 launches. "
That's expensive!  I'm pretty sure you can reserve stuff like that.  I did that for the PSP at futureshop when it came out.
#65 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7614 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @WinterSnowblind:   It's precisely because of the build quality that I'm not going to buy their next console at launch.  Why should I reward them as an early adopter if I don't feel particularly confident in their ability to produce decent hardware? "
Indeed, my point was that the original Xbox was one of the sturdiest machines ever made, as are the Zunes.
There's no reason to believe the next Xbox will be as poorly made as the 360 as, like I said before, they rushed it onto the market.
#66 Posted by lolak47 (232 posts) -

no after getting the 360 and ps3 at launch  the first few years were just spent waiting and waiting for the good games to come out not worth it, i wait a few years till they drop alot.

#67 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

I'll be in University so the likelyhood is no considering what I will get in terms of money, but hey that's what you have to put up with.

#68 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

No, buying a system at launch is ALWAYS a bad decision.

#69 Posted by damswedon (3185 posts) -

ive only ever brought new consoles around april. so it depends on when the console comes out.

#70 Posted by Shadow (4978 posts) -

Hell no.....8th...really?
It'll be the 7th by my count

#71 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

I've never bought a console at launch. In fact, I tend to leave adoption a few years late.

#72 Posted by ProfessorEss (7308 posts) -

If games continue to come out at the rate they are, and I continue to play games at the rate I do - I'll more than likely have at least a year's worth of backlogged games.

I'd put off the purchase until I've exhausted the current gen's offering.

#73 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Why? So I can have a shiny new system with no games to play except for hasty ports  that are so-so upgrades from last gen?