• 69 results
EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By EXTomar

No where it doesn't have much to do with being "Titanfall from EA" but that I just don't care about most of the genre at this stage any longer.

aidros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Going to get it on PC. I (unashamedly) love FPS's, and I could really have a good time with this for a while. I'll likely go back to BF4 after a while, though

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By AlexanderSheen

I mean, now this might be crazy, maybe wait to see if it is a flaming mess when it comes out then decide?

You're right, that's crazy talk.

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I stopped buying EA games a long time ago and don't plan on buying this either.

Does look kind of fun though.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Nope. I don't really have a problem with EA either - the game just looks boring to me. I should note I have no interest in multiplayer shooters, though. And I've always found 'mechs' lame. So, hey.

pinhead1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wont because it is a big game for Xbox One despite the fact I can get it on PC also.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I have no problem buying games from EA, and after watching the Unfinished video yesterday it looks pretty fun. I won't be buying it though. I can't really justify a 60 dollar game if it's multiplayer only, because I don't play enough multiplayer for it to be worthwhile, especially online. Also it looks similar enough to CoD that I have a feeling my experience will involve a lot of getting killed by people I never even see. I'm bad at first person shooters. It's too bad my kinds of games aren't competitive, because no one Defaults for 3 turns and then Braves 4 times like I can.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I wouldn't buy Titanfall from anybody. Game looks boring as shit.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By CatsAkimbo

@spraynardtatum said:

@catsakimbo said:

Respawn Entertainment is a privately owned studio that got some funding from EA through the EA Partners Program. DICE and Maxis are wholly-owned by or subsidiaries of EA. EA is just pressing discs, distributing, and (maybe) advertising for Titanfall. Theoretically, EA shouldn't have as much say on the development of a game from a studio they don't own.

So, to say you're buying it "from EA" is a little disingenuous. It's still possible they can strong-arm Respawn into whatever, but they don't have nearly as much sway as with a studio that they own, and therefore I don't see why anyone should have any problem picking up Titanfall.

...Both Sim City and BF4 were stupendously stupid launches even though they showed well to the press and had functional betas beforehand.

I'm not sure that's exactly true. Battlefield 4 showed like a steaming pile of broken garbage just 2.5 months before it launched, and at that same time, Titanfall was extremely polished and fun to play. Sure, preview builds, different teams prioritizing demos differently, other caveats, etc., but it turned out to foreshadow a bad BF4 launch, and can only suggest positive things for Titanfall. At this point, I'd be surprised if Titanfall was horrible, but was not shocked when BF4 turned out broken.

That said, I'm still not pre-ordering it, and I'll wait to see if there's any huge problems on launch day before pulling the trigger.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, nothing against the game or anything it's just I don't have the time and patience to get good at a competitive multiplayer game. If they add a co-op horde mode then I might jump in.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@spraynardtatum said:

@catsakimbo said:

Respawn Entertainment is a privately owned studio that got some funding from EA through the EA Partners Program. DICE and Maxis are wholly-owned by or subsidiaries of EA. EA is just pressing discs, distributing, and (maybe) advertising for Titanfall. Theoretically, EA shouldn't have as much say on the development of a game from a studio they don't own.

So, to say you're buying it "from EA" is a little disingenuous. It's still possible they can strong-arm Respawn into whatever, but they don't have nearly as much sway as with a studio that they own, and therefore I don't see why anyone should have any problem picking up Titanfall.

...Both Sim City and BF4 were stupendously stupid launches even though they showed well to the press and had functional betas beforehand.

I'm not sure that's exactly true. Battlefield 4 showed like a steaming pile of broken garbage just 2.5 months before it launched, and at that same time, Titanfall was extremely polished and fun to play. Sure, preview builds, different teams prioritizing demos differently, other caveats, etc., but it turned out to foreshadow a bad BF4 launch, and can only suggest positive things for Titanfall. At this point, I'd be surprised if Titanfall was horrible, but was not shocked when BF4 turned out broken.

That said, I'm still not pre-ordering it, and I'll wait to see if there's any huge problems on launch day before pulling the trigger.

I had a bunch of friends who played in the bf4 beta and they all said it was awesome and there weren't any problems. It was reviewed well by all the major outlets (until Polygon changed their score a few months after release) and was incredibly hyped up beforehand. Same goes for SimCity. I forgot about this thread though, I even commented on it haha. At least someone wasn't drinking the pre-launch Koolaid.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll buy any game from EA that I want to play...

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By stonyman65

I'll see what the BETA is like and watch some videos/read reviews when it is out before I buy it. I'm willing to give EA the benefit of the doubt, but I still haven't gotten over paying $40 for Battlefield Premium and then constantly having the game crash (because of bad code) on my system (which it didn't do before), and then the whole Battlefield 4 and SimCity clusterfuck recently.... Be very careful with EA.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks interesting, I'll buy it if it's good. Don't care what company it's come from. People are acting as if EA tests their products on babies or some shit, some less than consumer friendly business models aren't going to turn me off to their products as long as those products don't get in the way of them being desirable.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wont buy the game altogether .... Im in no mp only games policy... except for mmos and I rarely play them anyway

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'll wait about a week after release to get past the worst of the server nonsense surrounding every online release these days, and then I'll probably get it on PC.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Titanfall devs are really trying to innovate on a type of game that they themselves invented several years ago, and I'm perfectly willing to buy it. I wasn't a fan of Call of Duty but I'm not against mindless sort of shooters. This game looks like it's just genuine fun that doesn't take itself too seriously.

I'm not going to boycott EA, I'm going to do what I've always done. If they release something that I don't want - I won't buy it. If they release a game which is broken and shouldn't have been released yet - I won't buy it. Every time they mess up they can count on me not giving them money, but I'm not going to boycott them for the rest of time.

danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was on the fence about it, and the news that there weren't any Australian servers put Titanfall squarely into the will not buy catergory for me.

Maybe I'll give Titanfall 2 a look.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d000a93730da
deactivated-5d000a93730da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I fucking hate EA and origin but I did sign up for the beta. so it goes...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Consumers speak with their wallets and if Titanfall launches without too many hick ups and is a genuinely good game, then I would gladly support both Respawn and EA with my money.

Personally, I am somewhat of an "EA boycott" activist myself, but it's not like I have a personal vendetta against the company. Rewarding companies by buying their products that do good things (like not having microtransactions or launching well) is probably the best way to encourage the company to move into that direction.

kelbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By kelbear

@athadam said:

Consumers speak with their wallets and if Titanfall launches without too many hick ups and is a genuinely good game, then I would gladly support both Respawn and EA with my money.

Personally, I am somewhat of an "EA boycott" activist myself, but it's not like I have a personal vendetta against the company. Rewarding companies by buying their products that do good things (like not having microtransactions or launching well) is probably the best way to encourage the company to move into that direction.

I was very happy to hear that they weren't going to have microtransactions from GB's "Unfinished" coverage. You have a good point there, if EA sees their microtransaction-free game succeed, perhaps they'll might think twice about their strategy. I just hope they don't simply conclude that "hey, we made a lot of money on Titanfall without microtransactions...I bet we'd make a lot more if we added them."