• 52 results
#1 Edited by evildeadron (830 posts) -

Got this press release.

IRON GALAXY ANNOUNCES WINDJAMMERS H-DEE: HYPER DELUXE eSPORTS EDITION

Welcome back to the world of Windjammers – Multiplayer Redfined Launching This Summer

CHICAGO – March 31, 2014 – Iron Galaxy Studios, today announce that fans of the critically acclaimed game Windjammers™ will see an updated online multiplayer focused version of the game launching in July of this year for $19.99. Windjammers Hyper Deluxe eSports edition will be available as a digital purchase for $19.99 via PSN and Steam, providing a new generation of Windjammer enthusiasts with a godlike update to this historic franchise.

Windjammers H-DEE: Hyper Deluxe eSports Edition brings players back to the courts first introduced in the original award-winning Windjammers, as well as introducing two unique Divekick themed courts - the Dojo and the Basketball court. Each court has distinctive tactical gameplay options, new characters, power ups, abilities and upgrades on a total of eight multiplayer arenas set in the Windjammers and Divekick universe. Windjammers H-DEE also includes a new progression system that introduces other unique content into the game and enables players to dive deeper into the tactical and strategic aspects of the game than ever before.

All Windjammers H-DEE players can then battle across 8 courts (along with countless others available on Steam Workshop) in auto-match multiplayer, and daily online tournaments.

“We know how much fans love the setting of the original game and we have responded to their request to revisit the Windjammers Universe,” said Dave Lang, CEO of Iron Galaxy Studios. “By offering Divekick themed content to Windjammers H-DEE, we are giving players a brand new set of tactical options that significantly expand their multiplayer experience. At Iron Galaxy, we believe there is gold in even the stupidest of ideas. That's how we knew we had to bring Windjammers back to the people. “

Windjammers H-DEE will be available to play at PAX east, please stop by our booth.

(screenshots from the press release below)

#2 Edited by Aegon (5419 posts) -

This would be funny if it was actually real.

#3 Posted by aurahack (2265 posts) -

AHHHH

CAN'T TOY WITH MY EMOTIONS LIKE THIS

#4 Edited by Chaser324 (6345 posts) -

Those are some pretty hype screenshots. If only...

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by Milkman (16542 posts) -

Nah.

#6 Posted by Masonvd (165 posts) -

This is not OK.

#7 Posted by Panpipe (472 posts) -

Why turn Windjammers in to a flash game?

#8 Edited by jiggajoe14 (659 posts) -

Don't toy with my heart :(

#9 Posted by Fobwashed (1918 posts) -

Real or not, this is fantastic =]

#10 Posted by Jesus_Phish (630 posts) -

I hate you.

I hate Dave Lang.

I hate this day.

I hate hate.

(I don't actually hate you or Dave Lang)

#11 Posted by Dalai (7005 posts) -

If this is actually real, what a diabolically horrible time to announce it.

I hope it's real. I want it to be real.

It's probably not real.

#12 Posted by FauxBen (22 posts) -

I've never been madder than I am right now.

#13 Posted by rmanthorp (3891 posts) -

Gems. Dojos. H-DEE. This is INCREDIBLE.

#14 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -
#15 Posted by konig_kei (597 posts) -

BLOOD! It's time for blood!

#16 Edited by billymagnum (737 posts) -

i believe everything on april fools day

#17 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4932 posts) -

Not cool, man. Not cool.

#18 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5273 posts) -

Man, I really thought this was real for all of 10 seconds before I realized what day it was. Damn you Lang.

#19 Posted by afabs515 (1015 posts) -

Thanks, Dave Lang. I hate you!

#20 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1736 posts) -

What if Dave Lang is playing the long con and the real April Fools joke is that this isn't an April Fools joke?

#21 Edited by Atlas (2431 posts) -

@fauxben said:

I've never been madder than I am right now.

Perfect response. Kudos, sir/madam.

#22 Posted by SteadyingMeat (1122 posts) -

This is kinda why I hate being a " gamer " on April Fools Day.

#23 Edited by Bollard (5305 posts) -

Sometimes I wonder how Lang still has a job.

#24 Posted by rachelepithet (1350 posts) -

@milkman: accidentally flagged your post

#25 Posted by Sparklykiss (1953 posts) -

@soldierg654342 said:

What if Dave Lang is playing the long con and the real April Fools joke is that this isn't an April Fools joke?

This sort of thinking means Lang has taken this all too far.

#26 Posted by ProfessorEss (7285 posts) -

After DiveKick I'm going to assume that April Fool's Jokes and legitimate pitches get filed into the same folder.

#27 Posted by Nightriff (4930 posts) -

@jesus_phish said:

I hate you.

I hate Dave Lang.

I hate this day.

I hate hate.

(I don't actually hate you or Dave Lang)

My thoughts

#28 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

H-DEE. Heh, clever. "Happy" April Fool's Day.

#29 Posted by BigDaddy81 (319 posts) -

Of all the believable stuff I've read on the internet, this is the believablest.

#30 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4609 posts) -

Not to be a debbie downer but, do people actually have an appreciation for Windjammers or is it some kind of post-modern/hipster "ironic appreciation"?

#31 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10571 posts) -

I hate you Dave Lang.

#32 Edited by johncallahan (547 posts) -

Dave Lang is history's greatest monster.

#33 Edited by 71Ranchero (2679 posts) -

I am glad that this is April fools day. That art would completely put me off buying a new Windjammers.

#34 Edited by SomeJerk (3159 posts) -

Not including an Xbox One release makes it seem real to me.

#35 Edited by Itwongo (1132 posts) -

Oh maaaaaan god dammit Lang.

#36 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6107 posts) -

@evildeadron: I edited your thread title. In the future, please don't post unclear click bait titles that don't explain what's within the post. Thanks.

#37 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -
#38 Edited by TurboMan (7427 posts) -

Oh man! Can't Wait! Don't let me down, Dave Lang!

#39 Edited by MattyFTM (14352 posts) -

Did any sites actually bite on this press release like one or two did with the beefy media facebook games a few years ago?

#40 Edited by evildeadron (830 posts) -

@mattyftm: Screenshots from buzz_clik came late, so I had to do it today and people were on alert...Lang squashed it too early. had it gone out last night like I did with Screamville / Angry Pinheads and the Adam Boyes as CEO of EA, we would have gotten some traction.

#41 Edited by ShaggE (6349 posts) -

More like WindSHAMMERS! *toddles away crying*

#42 Posted by EuanDewar (4791 posts) -

Not to be a debbie downer but, do people actually have an appreciation for Windjammers or is it some kind of post-modern/hipster "ironic appreciation"?

I'd say for most people it's genuine appreciation but it's kind of a weird situation. The staff clearly genuinely enjoy it but it's not an easy game to get your hands on in a non-emulated capacity. As a result people's enthusiasm for the game is really just enthusiasm for watching the staff play the game. I bet an actual widely available Windjammers HD update would kill the mystique for a lot of people. Not to say people wouldn't enjoy it though if it were a reality.

#43 Posted by mrfluke (5103 posts) -

goddammit dave lang, i fucking love/hate you.

#44 Posted by Rafaelfc (1318 posts) -

I would pay all of my monies to make this come true.

LIKE. A. DREAM.

p.s.: Don't toy with my emotions like that again in the future Mr. Lang!

#45 Posted by buzz_clik (6932 posts) -

@oldirtybearon: I fucking love Windjammers; there aren't a lot of Neo Geo games that I don't love, even the dodgier ones (I'm looking at you, Ninja Commando, Ninja Combat and Cyber-Lip).

#46 Posted by Skyfire543 (660 posts) -

YOU SON OF A WHORE DAVE LANG

#47 Posted by forteexe21 (311 posts) -

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Since it is using flash, the least you could do it put up a web browser game like Blizzard. :P

#48 Posted by crithon (3081 posts) -

I was expecting this..... but on April 1st, makes it feel like I should be suspicious.

#49 Edited by DookieRope (33 posts) -

#50 Posted by MormonWarrior (2545 posts) -