#1 Edited by killacam (1286 posts) -

So I bought a wired 360 controller for sum PC gamin' (Microsoft brand) and it seems the bumpers are little more than flimsy pieces of plastic that "click" more than they depress, as the bumpers on my much older and much less-wired 360 controllers do. Has anyone else observed this? It makes a really, really loud clicking noise and just feels terrible overall, like the cheapest of mouse buttons. I can't imagine why this would be a thing on wired controllers and not wireless ones but here we are...

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I have both a wired and wireless controller, and they both feel exactly the same.

#3 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1670 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I have both a wired and wireless controller, and they both feel exactly the same.

by which he means they feel fucking sexy

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@EarlessShrimp said:

@Video_Game_King said:

What's that I hear?

#5 Posted by killacam (1286 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I'd like to keep my data intraplanetary please. I'm sure the moon has far better QA than we do down here.

But really, that's messed up!

Can anyone recommend a good wireless dongle? (Yes, they feel THAT BAD)

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@killacam:

You do realize that I have to buy all my gaming products from Earth, right? That if Microsoft could ship to the Moon, I wouldn't have to keep this Shield up preventing them from knowing of my existence?

#7 Posted by Slaegar (737 posts) -
@killacam

I picked up a few of my wireless xbox controllers and my wired xbox controller and the bumpers feel the same. Perhaps you wore out the bumper on the wireless controller and so they have lost their click over time?
#8 Posted by killacam (1286 posts) -

@Slaegar said:

@killacam: I picked up a few of my wireless xbox controllers and my wired xbox controller and the bumpers feel the same. Perhaps you wore out the bumper on the wireless controller and so they have lost their click over time?

I dunnnoo man.. My friend's much newer controllers always felt rock solid. It just looks and feels like totally different construction. I am going to make pressing these bumpers my full time job from here on out. I'll report back in 4 weeks with an update. Charts with before and after click volume (dB) and resistance (pounds per square inch) will be presented.

#9 Posted by OldGuy (1571 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@EarlessShrimp said:

@Video_Game_King said:

What's that I hear?

Hrmmm, I'd have gone this way... but what do I know about sexy...

#10 Posted by laserbolts (5341 posts) -

They are the same you are just a crazy person.

#11 Posted by GreggD (4510 posts) -

The bumpers on the wired ones seem to wear out quicker than the wireless ones. I used to use wired exclusively, and there's a definite difference.

#12 Posted by GreyFox10S (23 posts) -

All of my 360 controllers both wired and wireless have messed up right bumpers, even out of the box.

#13 Posted by killacam (1286 posts) -

It's official. Sony has won the console war.

#14 Posted by SpecDotSign (166 posts) -

@killacam said:

It's official. Sony has won the console war.

lol, wut? Either way, I love you.