Wireless internet gaming: XBOX 360???

DamaskRose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DamaskRose

okay my gf's brother wants live but there is no way to get an ethernet cable running to his 360 without actually driling through ceilings and things.  Amazon.co.uk are doing a deal to buy the wireless adapter for £34, is it worth it, or is wireless gaming just a no no?

CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

Sounds good to me. Although I don't have the adapter myself, my 360 is plugged into my PC and my PC uses a wireless network card and it works perfectly.

There is nothing wrong with wireless gaming.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I've been using an official Xbox wireless adapter since the original Xbox. (Had the original adapter, but have the 360 one now) It works just the same as an ethernet cord.

ColMustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ColMustard

the wireless adapter is amazing... Well worth the purchase. I've never had a drop.  Gaming is fast and fluid.  Its $99.99 here so even with the exchange rate its still a good deal.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Or you could use a Wireless bridge infact you can use the original xbox wireless brdige Vaccine is talking bout on the 360 the Wireless adaptor for the 360 is a USB wireless bridge the original xbox was a wireless bridge that used ethernet.

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox/xboxlive/getconnected/compatiblenetworkequipment/compatiblenetworkingequipment.aspx
 A few wireless bridges there as well as it says works with or certified for vista work with 360 and quite a few bridges that dont have the compatible logo work.

Mats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mats

The wireless adapter works flawlessly... Have been using it with a bunch of different wireless accesspoints (3Com, d-link, Airport Express, Linksys) for a couple of years. No hickups.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By roushimsx

Go for a bridge of some sort. If you can swing it and your current router already supports WDS (either via normal firmware or through something like DD-WRT or Tomato), then pick up a second router and bridge the two together. For whatever reason, it tends to be a less expensive solution than buying some officially licensed gaming wireless adapter thingy that simply comes in an Xbox-branded package (especially if you go for a commonly available Linksys router or some such). As a bonus, you'll be able to hook up multiple other consoles as well.

I've got two Buffalo WHR-G54S routers set up in such a fashion, running nothing more than the latest official firmware. On one, I have my Modem, 2 computers and an Xbox hooked up. On the other (out in the living room), I have an Xbox 360, HD-DVD player, PS3 and PS2. Works without a hitch and has the bonus of increasing the wireless coverage throughout the house.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Yeah, but the $100 price tag is ridiculous.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayge_

The wireless adapter really isn't worth the price. You can get other ones for much cheaper. Just run a point-to-point with a really good D-link wireless and a cheap-ass Linksys or something.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am using the original Xbox adapter and it works on my Xbox 360.  It was expensive but it works great and I have no problems.