Wireless X-Box 360 controller for pc

Hatemachine76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hatemachine76

So I pulled the Newegg trigger on this magical device, a bday gift for my 35th if you will, and am wondering if it will change my pc gaming world. I just bought a glut of games, Dead Island, Deus Ex HR, The Witcher 2, My Little Pony Murder Simulator, Bastion and a handful more of Steam's priced to sell awesomeness. This isn't a keyboard/mouse vs controller question just a matter of which Steam games are more enjoyable with ye olde console controller. Thx in advance kids.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I prefer a controller for everything that's not a FPS or RTS- but that's just me.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By hwy_61

I have a wired Xbox controller and I love it. For platformers it's a no brainer.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Afroman269

@TooWalrus said:

I prefer a controller for everything that's not a FPS or RTS- but that's just me.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By captain_clayman

the witcher 2 seems to be a lot better with a controller.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Wemibelle

I use my extra Xbox 360 controller for certain games on PC, sure.  It's a case-by-case kinda thing for me.  The most common use for it tends to be older, emulated games and third person games, since I find those easier to control with the controller.  Of course, any MMO or FPS or RTS absolutely screams to be played with a mouse and keyboard so I stick with what works for those.
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Sin4profit

Unless they patched it in since i last played it, Bastion doesn't have controller support...and i think you made one of those games up....

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ninjakiller

@elsuperdonut said:

I have a wired Xbox controller and I love it.

I bought mine just for Dead Island. It rocks!

saethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By saethir

Welcome to the wireless pc controller club!

As per usgh (that's the shortened form of usual, right?) Driving games, specifically the Dirt series on steam, are very fun, and undoubtedly better with a controller. unless your one of those crazy racing wheel people.

Personally, I prefer almost any third person action game, or platformer to be played with a controller.

Looking at my steam list, I think Overlord 1/2 ,Super Meat Boy, Just Cause 2, The Witcher 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Psychonauts, The Maw, and Prince of Persia are games that are better with ye olde controller de Xbox.

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By gunslingerNZ

@Sin4profit said:

Unless they patched it in since i last played it, Bastion doesn't have controller support...and i think you made one of those games up....

Bastion's had controller support since the first time I played it, and that was just a couple of days after it's steam release.

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By RuthLoose

Any PC racing game is your friend once you have a gamepad. I recommend TrackMania United Forever or Need for Speed Shift 2. TrackMania United has a sequel coming out shortly and a free version of the game available on Steam.

Otherwise, I would do as @TooWalrus recommends: play anything but flight sims, FPS and RTS games with you new controller.

Hatemachine76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hatemachine76

Yeah I've had Super Meat Boy for quite some time but was told that without a controller not to even bother playing it. My motivation for this buy was Batman AA( and of course it's sequel) as I had to take my Logitech mouse apart after ruthlessly beating thugs resulting in the internal spring to dislodge. Looking forward to its arrival as I am a 'sit on couch, use 58inch tv as monitor' pc kind of lazy guy.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By hwy_61
@Hatemachine76

Yeah I've had Super Meat Boy for quite some time but was told that without a controller not to even bother playing it. My motivation for this buy was Batman AA( and of course it's sequel) as I had to take my Logitech mouse apart after ruthlessly beating thugs resulting in the internal spring to dislodge. Looking forward to its arrival as I am a 'sit on couch, use 58inch tv as monitor' pc kind of lazy guy.

I suffered an hour of SMB with M+K, and yes, Team Meat definitely doesn't want you playing their game without a controller.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I use it for third person games, TrackMania and platformers. Sometimes racing games if I cba to use my race wheel or they are arcadey like Burnout.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Use it with Racing games.............................. Sports games and fighting games? Errr.....

Yeah, racing, sports and fighting games. :) everything else is pretty good with a keyboard and mouse, apart from some third person action games (Prototype) and platformers.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#17  Edited By jacksukeru

@elsuperdonut said:

@Hatemachine76

I suffered an hour of SMB with M+K, and yes, Team Meat definitely doesn't want you playing their game without a controller.

I recently got a (wired) Xbox360 controller to play PC games with, so I tried it out with Super Meat Boy for a bit. It felt good, but I've played through the entire game with M+K so I was actually better at it using those controls during the time that I tested it.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Shabs

I'm very happy playing the PC version of Deus Ex: HR with a controller. Analog movement definitely makes the game better.

I just switch to my mouse for hacking and reading terminals. (The game is completely seamless when you switch to mouse/keyboard... the interface just updates immediately to the current control mechanism.)

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrKlorox

@Afroman269 said:

@TooWalrus said:

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wuddel

I prefer gamepads for all games that could be played on consoles ... basically.

I prefer FPS with gamepads (because I skipped a lot of the PC-FPS) - but obviously almost exclusively on consoles.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#21  Edited By zidd

Batman Arkham Asylum if you haven't played it. the original doom games (Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Doom II Master Levels, Final Doom) with a source port that supports the xbox 360 controller and Borderlands

LadyShayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LadyShayne

@SaltyPancakes: As soon as I read your comment I imagined your avatar screaming it aloud with reckless authority. This made me laugh.