#1 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

They have new offices.

More funding as well.

They want to create more content and crazier content, does that require them to add more people to the team to keep the flow going in terms of maintaining quantity/quality of what's coming?

Would you be okay with some brand new faces coming in to bolster the ranks?

#2 Posted by Yummylee (21271 posts) -

I feel like they're already covering the bases that matter the most to them. Plus when there's something they're a little out of the loop on, they'll just wrangle in someone from GS to give a better educated perspective ala Kevin VanOrd and Dark Souls.

#3 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Yes, they will have to add more people down the line.

Don't know how I feel about it since I liked a smaller staff, but it can't stay that way now they are going to get much larger.

#4 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@Abyssfull: When they're churning out content they're doing it really well, but creating bigger stuff requires time and even more effort. Consuming time.

According to Jeff they want to grow and do more, I don't want them to stretch themselves too thin by trying too much too fast though.

#5 Posted by Grixxel (763 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

Just curious, why do you think they "will have to" add more? It looks like they have been running everything just fine with current crew.

#6 Posted by Toxeia (728 posts) -

Keep in mind that the behind-the-scenes guys they have with them are no longer split between 3-4 sites, as well as having access to more people for production. They could easily increase output as is since they now have more resources to share with potentially fewer people.

#7 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

To be frank i do not see why they would need to add more editors. They will need to grab more people from the tech side of things but with the right support the current team of writers and editors (with the occasional support from Drew and Dave of course) should be able to pump out as much content as they need.

#8 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@Grixxel said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

Just curious, why do you think they "will have to" add more? It looks like they have been running everything just fine with current crew.

Jeff said it in the live stream that they want to do bigger and crazier stuff and that they will hire more people down the line.

#9 Posted by Master_Funk (728 posts) -

RIght now I just want to see some new content. Hopefully they keep to their mantra of hiring , so that new staff have the same sense of humour etc.

#10 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

I am guessing they will probably get more members to help with the background production stuff Vinny and Drew are in charge of, but there probably wont be major changes to the main staff. Just more opportunities for guests.

#11 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Isn't Alex going to be part of Giantbomb full time now?

That probably counts?

#12 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

Don't know how I feel about it since I liked a smaller staff, but it can't stay that way now they are going to get much larger.

They seem to acknowledge that it must happen when it feels natural, so hopefully it will be a while. I really liked the smaller, more personal stuff Giantbomb has been doing since it's beginning, and I honestly don't really like them focusing more on growth, but I understand why they want to do it and I hope they are succesful with it, these guys deserve it.

#13 Posted by Milkman (16531 posts) -

I don't think they really need anymore staff.

#14 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

They're maintaining everything they're doing now, so that's the bottom line. That's the foundation. There's plenty more coming, and maybe they'll add more "regular features (like the Bombcast and TNTs are scheduled events) and so on.

@Master_Funk: You're absolutely right. If or when they do hire in someone new, this person has to be on that really special wavelength that this community is founded on. Extremely important for the image of the site that the casual but professional profile is maintained. GameSpot on their end are doing things too up-tight and corporate-like for me. Someone new has to be knowledgeable and funny on a regular basis too and that's hard to come by I think.

It makes you appreciate the original guys that much more knowing how naturally they approach all of this.

#15 Posted by dabe (299 posts) -

They'll be folding into Gamespot soon enough, so probably no additional staff. Hohohohoho.

#16 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@dabe: You know, I think that's GameSpots long-term goal. Slowly but surely.

It must not be allowed to happen though. :)

#17 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@JacDG said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

They seem to acknowledge that it must happen when it feels natural, so hopefully it will be a while. I really liked the smaller, more personal stuff Giantbomb has been doing since it's beginning, and I honestly don't really like them focusing more on growth, but I understand why they want to do it and I hope they are succesful with it, these guys deserve it.

Same here, but they gotta do what they gotta do. Hopefully they won't add that many people.

#18 Posted by masterpaperlink (1829 posts) -

Get rich back

#19 Posted by dabe (299 posts) -

@Funkydupe: Yeah, it just depends on what time frame we're talking about. 3-5 years is my guess. So, I'm going to enjoy the bomb for the next 2 at least.

#20 Posted by Vexxan (4615 posts) -

With Alex "back" they're probably fine for the time being.

#21 Posted by shootermcclay (219 posts) -

What about the interns? Steve + Matt = Interns 4 Lyfe.

#22 Posted by Chindie (192 posts) -

I hope not. I like(d) the camaraderie between the staff as it was, and the last fiddle with it made me like the site just a little less.

Wait and see I guess.

#23 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

If so, get Rorie and Kessler!

#24 Posted by CaptainCoke (98 posts) -

They should get Brian Ekberg back from Turn 10 to talk racing and sports!

#25 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@masterpaperlink: This would have been a brilliant move.

I only said new faces in the opening post because the veterans might have moved on to other things. Kasavin and Rich would be very difficult to bring back to work for a gaming website.

Also there's something refreshing about someone new coming in as well, especially if that person is vouched for by Jeff and Ryan we might be in for a treat.

#26 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@CptBedlam said:

If so, get Rorie and Kessler!

Yeah!

#27 Posted by coakroach (2488 posts) -

With their new resources they'll be having a feature in which they try out new interns and staff in a series of grueling challenges.

It'll be like Legends of the Hidden Temple with a giant stone Vinny face and a shitload of murder, Jeff will also be hosting as a space egyptian.

#28 Posted by screwed (140 posts) -

so all Whiskey interns and freelance writers for tested are all gone?

#29 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@screwed: I haven't heard their names mentioned once since this was announced. Maybe they're still on hand?

#30 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Jeff said on one of the recent videos that they still will be picky about the staff they hire for GB, with Alex coming back into the mix I think that they might have some cameo stuff for now or if someone is out sick/traveling for the bombcast. Believe that they will probably get a few more people behind the scenes though to help with all the gamestop tech that's at the new office.

#31 Posted by screwed (140 posts) -

@Funkydupe: after looking through some twitter.

Braga from tested hasnt done anything for them since CES. So he is out.

Kessler apparently is also out, he tweeted a sort of goodbye.

So if this is the trend, the only people that actually went over are the main guys, Jeff, Ryan, Vinne etc. Coonce went with tested crew I know.

Shame really, but I guess we will see more of the Gamespot interns...

#32 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

Why would we see more of GameSpots interns? Aren't they busy doing their jobs for GameSpot?

I can see why they would invite VanOrd in for a specific topic on the Bombcast for example, but beyond that..