#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

Without Memory—PS4 exclusive game using Unreal Engine 4—has just been announced, It is developed by Dinosaurum Games, who just opened the official website. It states that it is slated for a 2016 launch and that it is a "third-person psychological thriller", whose main inspiration is Quantic Dream's games like Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls.

VG247

Edit:

Actually, this was announced back in late April, but was only picked up by VG247 now since the official site just went up.

DualShockers

#2 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11421 posts) -

Is EVERYTHING being announced before E3 this year? Geez.

Edit: With a name like that, they had better put dinosaurs into all of their games.

#3 Edited by Nux (2429 posts) -

Is EVERYTHING being announced before E3 this year? Geez.

Pre-E3 is the new E3 it seems.

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -
#5 Posted by RioStarwind (578 posts) -

Hmm sounds like it could be interesting. To bad it won't be out till 2016.

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (15188 posts) -

And this is why E3 is irrelevant.

#7 Posted by ZolRoyce (857 posts) -

I really dig that box. I guess I don't have much else to say about it... hope it's good?

#8 Posted by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -

What is with showing box art with announcements now? It's plain weird. 'We don't have anything to show but here's the box art.'

#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

What is with showing box art with announcements now? It's plain weird. 'We don't have anything to show but here's the box art.'

This game in particular looks kinda sketchy, in my opinion. There's nothing there except for box art that might or might not be final, weird concept art and a nebulous 2016 release date.

#11 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

Who the heck are Dinosaurum Games?

#12 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3134 posts) -

When the main inspiration is two games I hate... well, yeah.

#13 Posted by EXTomar (4951 posts) -

This has been a trend for awhile now with E3: Announce a lot of the "standard games" before E3 to make room for the (supposed) MEGATON surprise announcements like TV integration and some ebook interface.

#14 Posted by ripelivejam (4922 posts) -

DINOSAURUM

#15 Posted by RonGalaxy (3273 posts) -

And this is why E3 is irrelevant.

Maybe so many games are getting announced beforehand because there are that many games coming out. So many that not all of them can get stage time at the press conferences. To be honest, most of the games getting announced beforehand would never be show stopper surprises. The bulk of them are sequels to established franchises that everyone knew would get sequels. Or maybe there will be no surprises and e3 will suck this year. That would be a huge bummer.

Also, E3 still gets huge viewership numbers, and it becomes more popular every year. It isn't irrelevant to the gaming public. The games media are whining about its irrelevancy because they hate covering it. It's still very much relevant, more so than it ever has been.

#16 Edited by Shortbreadtom (867 posts) -

DINOSAURIUM... ok

POST APOCALYPSE... ok

INSPIRED BY QUANTIC DREAMS

I'm out.

#17 Posted by Demoskinos (15188 posts) -

@narujoe93: Disagree. It would be better for everyone involved if E3 didn't happen. The time and money spent from studios getting ready for E3 is quite a lot and that money and time could be put back into actual game development. If the only redeeming value from it is entertainment for the general public then I think its run its course in being useful. And mind you I enjoy the spectacle of E3 especially the bombcasts but I think Jeff is absolutely 100% right. E3 doesn't matter anymore.

#18 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

@narujoe93: Disagree. It would be better for everyone involved if E3 didn't happen. The time and money spent from studios getting ready for E3 is quite a lot and that money and time could be put back into actual game development. If the only redeeming value from it is entertainment for the general public then I think its run its course in being useful. And mind you I enjoy the spectacle of E3 especially the bombcasts but I think Jeff is absolutely 100% right. E3 doesn't matter anymore.

Maybe entertainment for the general public is useful? That's... kind of the point of the industry, isn't it?