• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MichaelBach (936 posts) -

Get your coffee and snacks ready! 

See you in the chat room :) 

Awesomeness on the show confirmed.
#2 Edited by BulletproofMonk (2734 posts) -

So is this the one that's only for the subscribers?

#3 Posted by heat (196 posts) -

Secret subscriber handshake to get in

#4 Posted by ChrisOVC (174 posts) -
@BulletproofMonk: Yes 
#5 Posted by MichaelBach (936 posts) -

No, this is for everyone.

#6 Posted by Jasta (2232 posts) -

Is the chat up at the moment?

#7 Posted by MichaelBach (936 posts) -
@Jasta said:
" Is the chat up at the moment? "
It was earlier today, I think they were testing some stuff. Looks like it will be streamed on Justin tv.
#8 Posted by TheHT (12297 posts) -
@heat said:
" Secret subscriber handshake to get in "
@MichaelBach said:
" No, this is for everyone. "
i r confuse.
#9 Posted by MichaelBach (936 posts) -
@TheHT said:
" @heat said:
@MichaelBach said:
i r confuse. "
Since it looks like it will be streamed on justin tv  they can't limit it. Everyone can get in.
#10 Posted by Jasta (2232 posts) -
@MichaelBach said:
" @Jasta said:
It was earlier today, I think they were testing some stuff. Looks like it will be streamed on Justin tv. "
Alot of people where having trouble using the chat (myself included) on last nights TNT, not being recognized as signed in and getting the "Anonymous not allowed" error message.  Hope they fixed it cause that was frustrating.
#11 Posted by JackSukeru (6080 posts) -

4PM? That's the same as TNT right? 1 AM then. 

...sigh, well at least it's the weekend.

#12 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2225 posts) -

no the live show is only for subscribers unless that has cahnged otherwise, that's what they haven't gone back on. They have only said that the podcast will be for everyone.

#13 Posted by MichaelBach (936 posts) -
@Jasta said:
" @MichaelBach said:
" @Jasta said:
It was earlier today, I think they were testing some stuff. Looks like it will be streamed on Justin tv. "
Alot of people where having trouble using the chat (myself included) on last nights TNT, not being recognized as signed in and getting the "Anonymous not allowed" error message.  Hope they fixed it cause that was frustrating. "
I actually didn't watch it from gb.com/live but directly from justin tv, got a better stream like that. I imagine they have worked on the official chat though.
#14 Posted by Crono11 (1653 posts) -
@MichaelBach said:
" @TheHT said:
" @heat said:
@MichaelBach said:
i r confuse. "
Since it looks like it will be streamed on justin tv  they can't limit it. Everyone can get in. "
You can put a password on a Justin.tv channel so you can only view if you type in the password.
#15 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19816 posts) -

What is this about, exactly?  Are they just going to be sitting around and talking on camera?

#16 Posted by MisterMouse (3599 posts) -

What do you guys want to see on this live show?

#17 Posted by MichaelBach (936 posts) -

Hmm... would have been nice with an article about the show a day before or so. I guess we will have to wait and see if it's free for all or how it will play out.

#18 Posted by alternate (2789 posts) -
@TheHT said:
" @heat said:
@MichaelBach said:
i r confuse. "
Maybe your first taste is free.  Like crack.

I hope it is free and/or archived.  Not subbing until they add paypal and I don't think I will be in tonight at midnight (my time) anyway.
#19 Posted by MichaelBach (936 posts) -
@pyromaster222 said:
" What do you guys want to see on this live show? "
A guest showing of his game and taking Q's from us :)
#20 Posted by AgentMOO (194 posts) -

I'll give myself the secret subscriber handshake anyways... wait, that doesn't sound right

#21 Posted by MichaelBach (936 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" What is this about, exactly?  Are they just going to be sitting around and talking on camera? "
There hasn't really been any information on it, but I imagine a surprise guest or something.
#22 Posted by Milkman (17841 posts) -

I have work today. This is the WORST!

#23 Posted by karatetron (698 posts) -

Maybe they'll have a password protected stream for the members? I think that's the only way they could stop everyone from watching it, that is, IF that's still the plan that they're going with.

#24 Posted by MichaelBach (936 posts) -
@TrippinBungalow said:
" Maybe they'll have a password protected stream for the members? I think that's the only way they could stop everyone from watching it, that is, IF that's still the plan that they're going with. "
Maybe chat and questions will only be available for members but the show itself free.
#25 Posted by Siphillis (1335 posts) -

Here in England, that makes it a Midnight Live show.

#26 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1691 posts) -
@Jasta said:
" @MichaelBach said:
" @Jasta said:
Alot of people where having trouble using the chat (myself included) on last nights TNT, not being recognized as signed in and getting the "Anonymous not allowed" error message.  Hope they fixed it cause that was frustrating. "
Yeah that really sucked last night.
#27 Posted by MichaelBach (936 posts) -
@Siphillis said:
" Here in England, that makes it a Midnight Live show. "
Good thing it's Friday :) 

I am just 2 hours ahead, so it's no so bad here.
#28 Edited by Kung_Fu_Viking (752 posts) -

More "As see on TV" stuff from Tested please!

#29 Posted by lilarchie232 (746 posts) -

Damn you work, well maybe I'll be able to catch some of it.  If they got Ice-T on one of these though, ohh mann...50 dollars justified!

#30 Posted by Schromium (24 posts) -

Anyone know how long it will be?

#31 Posted by Ashen (146 posts) -

Anyone have an idea what the show is about? Is is going to be a Q&A type thing that they've been talking about?

#32 Posted by Devil240Z (3858 posts) -

Fuck 4PM some of us have jobs that start at 3PM. Fuck live shit. I want it on the site in the normal video player like any other video on the site. 

#33 Posted by LordAndrew (14588 posts) -

I'm unable to access the chat, so I assume they're making some changes since It's probably not going to be hosted on Justin.tv due to its subscriber-only nature.

#34 Posted by Huey2k2 (519 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:
" Fuck 4PM some of us have jobs that start at 3PM. Fuck live shit. I want it on the site in the normal video player like any other video on the site.  "

I am sorry that Giant Bomb is unable to build a live show schedule that revolves around your timetable.
#35 Posted by MichaelBach (936 posts) -
@Schromium said:
" Anyone know how long it will be? "
I think an hour. 

@Devil240Z said:
" Fuck 4PM some of us have jobs that start at 3PM. Fuck live shit. I want it on the site in the normal video player like any other video on the site.  "
@lilarchie232 said:
" Damn you work, well maybe I'll be able to catch some of it.  If they got Ice-T on one of these though, ohh mann...50 dollars justified! "
Don't know what job you guys have, but maybe you could stream it from your phones?
#36 Posted by Devil240Z (3858 posts) -
@Huey2k2 said:

" @Devil240Z said:

I am sorry that Giant Bomb is unable to build a live show schedule that revolves around your timetable. "
Its just frustrating that I miss everything cool they do. And anyway I just want them to make things more accessible. At this point they only seem to cater to kids who don't have jobs. 
#37 Posted by Dany (8018 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:
" @Huey2k2 said:

" @Devil240Z said:

I am sorry that Giant Bomb is unable to build a live show schedule that revolves around your timetable. "
Its just frustrating that I miss everything cool they do. And anyway I just want them to make things more accessible. At this point they only seem to cater to kids who don't have jobs.  "
Like with what?
#38 Posted by Devil240Z (3858 posts) -
@MichaelBach said:
" @Schromium said:
" Anyone know how long it will be? "
I think an hour. 

@Devil240Z said:
@lilarchie232 said:
" Damn you work, well maybe I'll be able to catch some of it.  If they got Ice-T on one of these though, ohh mann...50 dollars justified! "
Don't know what job you guys have, but maybe you could stream it from your phones? "
I work at a bakery, making bagels and bread and cookies. have to make them in the middle of the night so they will be ready for the next day. 
#39 Posted by Huey2k2 (519 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:
" @Huey2k2 said:

" @Devil240Z said:

Its just frustrating that I miss everything cool they do. And anyway I just want them to make things more accessible. At this point they only seem to cater to kids who don't have jobs.  "
How does starting a live show at 4pm on a Friday afternoon cater to kids who have no jobs?

There are plenty of people in the world who work 9-5 jobs, and keep in mind, live shows for them are work too. Do you really think they want to hang around at the office until midnight or something stupid like that every Friday night just because a few people can't watch the live show?

Also if they decided to run it during the day instead, they would be running it when all the people who have 9-5 jobs are at work.

Sadly there is no way for them to please everyone, so they picked a time when most people probably can be around to watch it. Obviously there are going to be some exceptions such as people who work shift work, but that's the way life goes.
#40 Posted by MichaelBach (936 posts) -
@Devil240Z:  I see the problem :( Guess you will have to watch it the day after.
#41 Posted by drgrumbles (227 posts) -

Shaking my member now... wait that came out wrong.  Oh well you get it.

#42 Posted by RoboRobb (1088 posts) -

Midnight Live show Live is all go. Pizza get.

#43 Posted by Devil240Z (3858 posts) -
 @MichaelBach said:
" @Devil240Z:  I see the problem :( Guess you will have to watch it the day after. "
@Dany:  @Huey2k2: 

Thats what I want, The ability to watch it later. I don't give a shit if its live. I just want to see it. 
#44 Posted by MichaelBach (936 posts) -
@RoboRobb said:
" Midnight Live show Live is all go. Pizza get. "
Sounds like an awesome plan, will do the same :)  

@Devil240Z:  Then you're covered :)
#45 Posted by LiquidSwords (2728 posts) -

Will the chat go full retard again ? Tune in and find out!

#46 Posted by Prolix (189 posts) -

Love how slack Giant Bomb is.  No one knows shit until after shit starts.  Even people who pay.  Hows that subscription working out?  Enjoying all that stuff, other sites give out for free? 

Get ready to start the Class War on GB!  Where we are separate and NOT EQUAL!!!

#47 Posted by AlisterCat (6101 posts) -

Yeah live isn't always a good option... If they record it and then host it on the site they can then lock it so only subscribers can see it but archiving it on Justin TV won't work.

#48 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2225 posts) -

I just hope Vinny doesn't lose it again like during the Halo Reach TNT. It was special, real special.

#49 Edited by MichaelBach (936 posts) -
@LiquidSwords said:

" Will the chat go full retard again ? Tune in and find out! "

I am betting that it will!  

@Prolix:
  I'm sure they will have a set schedule for stuff like the BombCast soon, although I agree that there has been a lack of information about there actually being a show today. Not agreeing on the class-wars issue, and regarding "   Hows that subscription working out?  Enjoying all that stuff, other sites give out for free?". I like most other subs signed up just to support the guys, not to get extra stuff. ;ore like a donation.
#50 Posted by TheHT (12297 posts) -

Wouldn't mind it being only for subscribers. There should be more premium content for them! Really incentivise paying that 5/50 buckeroos.