• 171 results
#151 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@salbert said:

Alex and Brad are the best reviewers here.

But Brad isn't critical half the time, he gave Rage 4 stars and Far Cry 2 4 or 5.

NOPE

#152 Posted by TruthTellah (8552 posts) -

Okay, after watching the Sim City Quick Look, I think it's abundantly clear that the game Jeff was talking about was Sim City. Specifically, he mentions that he had a moment over the weekend where he flipped out and had to destroy his entire town. I would say that's reason enough for possibly breaking his mouse. So, while he's not reviewing Sim City, his time with it was not pleasant.

And Sessler, Gies, and the others strongly point toward God of War: Ascension. None of this appears to have anything to do with Bioshock Infinite.

#153 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7054 posts) -

Okay, after watching the Sim City Quick Look, I think it's abundantly clear that the game Jeff was talking about was Sim City. Specifically, he mentions that he had a moment over the weekend where he flipped out and had to destroy his entire town. I would say that's reason enough for possibly breaking his mouse. So, while he's not reviewing Sim City, his time with it was not pleasant.

And Sessler, Gies, and the others strongly point toward God of War: Ascension. None of this appears to have anything to do with Bioshock Infinite.

Thank GOD. That would have been a huge bummer after years and years of seeing and hearing amazing things.

#154 Edited by TruthTellah (8552 posts) -

@mariachimacabre said:

@truthtellah said:

Thank GOD. That would have been a huge bummer after years and years of seeing and hearing amazing things.

Stinks about those other games, but yes, I'm glad these specific frustrations don't appear to be related to Bioshock Infinite. We'll probably start hearing about feelings regarding that game in a few weeks. (or maybe the reviewers won't gripe on Twitter before release. ha)

#155 Posted by JayEH (518 posts) -

Its fun watching everyone here trying to figure out whats happening. I think Jeff's tweet might be unrelated from Sessler's from what I've read in this thread so far. But who knows, we'll see soon. Sessler said the review for that game will be out on Thursday.

#156 Posted by Turambar (6677 posts) -

@animasta said:

@oldirtybearon: they can hint but they can't just say shit like that blatantly. If you're smart (like the OP was) you'll figure out what they're talking about, they're just trying to help the best way that won't get them into trouble with a large publishing company

That's bullshit. If they're so worried about what a publisher thinks then there's something critically fucking wrong with that relationship.

You do know how review embargoes work right? This isn't quite the same as "filtering their opinion to make a bad game seem good".

#157 Posted by translucentfish (127 posts) -

Can we all just agree that the game in question is God of War, Jeff's game is Sim City, and be done with it?

#158 Posted by shivermetimbers (763 posts) -

This is thread is great, it should be stickied.

#159 Edited by golguin (3848 posts) -

I had no idea the mystery was still ongoing. You would think three obscure tweets would have been a simple task for the Investigation Team.

#160 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@golguin: The team has grown old since 2009, cut them some slack!

#161 Posted by benspyda (2030 posts) -

@sooty: You don't suppose he just liked those games? I really liked Far Cry 2 and probably would have given it a 4. Rage not so much...

#162 Posted by JasonR86 (9609 posts) -

@sooty said:

@salbert said:

But Brad isn't critical half the time, he gave Rage 4 stars and Far Cry 2 4 or 5.

NOPE

I'm fine with both of those scores.

Yeah I said it.

#163 Posted by BeachThunder (11709 posts) -

@sooty said:

@salbert said:

NOPE

What does a numerical score have to do with the quality of a review? surely a review can be good even if it doesn't line up with your personal opinion.

#164 Edited by kishinfoulux (2256 posts) -

@sooty said:

@salbert said:

NOPE

So he gave good games good scores. I don't see the problem.

#165 Posted by AssInAss (2545 posts) -

Most definitely God of War Ascension. "It wasn't a puzzle. It was a combat sequence."

The game made him question his mortality.

#166 Edited by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

I hope it's not Bioshock.

#167 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Everything I have seen for Bioshock has been super positive. Chances are its not Bioshock. OP was just grasping at straws.

Ya...It might be Simcity seems this game and its release was not fully thought out.

#168 Edited by Lucien21 (108 posts) -

It was God of War.

#169 Posted by TruthTellah (8552 posts) -

I'm sure everyone has moved on from this by now, but I feel like the Investigation Team needs to recap the final details of this vast mystery that is now solved!

-

First off, none of this ever had anything to do with Bioshock Infinite. So, that's good, right?

Second, Arthur Gies, Adam Sessler, and Dale North were all playing God of War: Ascension, as was originally hypothesized after looking at the gripes of North and the PR representative Chase's resume.

Third, Jeff has confirmed that he and Kevin VanOrd were angry about Sim City over the weekend, unrelated to any of the other tweets.

Finally, maybe this kind of speculation doesn't really serve much of a purpose, as we learned the clear reality only a few days later, and it turned out to have little to do with the original theories.

So... that aside, congrats, Investigation Team! We did it!

Until next time!

#170 Posted by Humanity (8835 posts) -

Well Jeff just tweeted that he ordered a pizza..

possibly SO DEPRESSED by how bad Bioshock Infinite is that he needs to cope in the only way he knows how, through melted cheese and ranch dressing on a pizza?!

Ryan tweeted about going to sleep, is the next xbox controlled through our minds?!

#171 Posted by TruthTellah (8552 posts) -

@humanity said:

Wait... pizza?

Is this a subtle hint that there is a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game coming out?!

#172 Edited by Humanity (8835 posts) -

@humanity said:

Wait... pizza?

Is this a subtle hint that there is a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game coming out?!

Nice way getting around those embargo's Jeff, don't think the investigative team isn't catching on to your "subtle" hints.

#173 Edited by translucentfish (127 posts) -

@humanity said:

@truthtellah said:

@humanity said:

Wait... pizza?

Nice way getting around those embargo's Jeff, don't think the investigative team isn't catching on to your "subtle" hints.

The word "pizza" is derived from the original Greek "pitta". Therefore, this is irrefutable evidence that Jeff hates God of War. Either that, or he actually ordered gyros and didn't want to offend anyone who opposes the Greek way of life.

#174 Edited by BeachThunder (11709 posts) -

So, it turns out Bioshock Infinite is still GOTY, right?

#175 Edited by CastroCasper (1300 posts) -

@assinass said:

Most definitely God of War Ascension. "It wasn't a puzzle. It was a combat sequence."

The game made him question his mortality.

Adam is, was, and will always be the shit.