• 93 results
nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By nightriff

I'm sitting here at working watching the Deadly Premoniton Endurance Run - Vinny and Jeff version and God Damn is the lanky lady that crawls on the walls the fuckin WORST!!! Maybe it is how they approach it but god damn it is my least favorite part of the ER by far. Some may argue it is not a boss battle but I would disagree.

My personal worst boss battle is the last 2 bosses in Prototype. I recently beat it this past week and FUCKING A** that is the worst. I have never been more frustrated with a boss in my entire life. I was only playing on easy just to beat the game and FUCK I almost broke my control and the disc. Loved and really enjoyed the game up until the last hour or so.

By worst I don't mean the hardest even though those can qualify.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I don't know how, but I somehow gravitate towards games that aren't big on the concept of "bosses." Which is why the term Boss in gaming, to me, feels like something from the Nintendo era of the 80s and 90s.
I really can't remember any shitty boss battles. Usually I just rank up in strength and experience in most of the games I play, which is why those games put me up against a worthy opponents every once in a while.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By falserelic

@Nightriff said:

My personal worst boss battle is the last 2 bosses in Prototype. I recently beat it this past week and FUCKING A** that is the worst. I have never been more frustrated with a boss in my entire life. I was only playing on easy just to beat the game and FUCK I almost broke my control and the disc. Loved and really enjoyed the game up until the last hour or so.

By worst I don't mean the hardest even though those can qualify.

I had trouble fighting the last boss in prototype aswell. I remember slapping myself then laughing like a mad man. Because I played the game on hard, and when I came close to beating him I lost. Then I kinda just went insane for awhile.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Jay444111

The final boss of Fable 2... one shot and if you don't shoot fast enough the other guy does it and insults you for it... WTF!?

Prince of Persia 08 entirely... the whole games boss fights are AWFUL!!!

Also the Yellow Devil from Megaman 1 is a asshole!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nightriff

@Jay444111 said:

The final boss of Fable 2... one shot and if you don't shoot fast enough the other guy does it and insults you for it... WTF!?

Oh God, I forgot about that. I didn't like Fable 2 at all and then that was the icing on the cake of a "Fuck You" from Moly. I was so pissed when that happened

Vigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vigil

@Jay444111 said:

Prince of Persia 08 entirely... the whole games boss fights are AWFUL!!!

Also the Yellow Devil from Megaman 1 is a asshole!

That was the fucking worst, I took my time while he blathered on, I was thinking of the perfect line to give before I put one right between his eyes, and BAM, that narcissistic asshole shoots him.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By NathHaw

Miang in Xenogears comes to mind.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By chu52

Legend of dragoon. the final boss has SEVEN forms, you have at most 32 potions you can bring with you, and only by filling a super meter can you access healing magic ( and the only healing character is super underpowered to fight the boss in between healing rounds)

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmilingPig

Superman 64 first boss.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nightriff

@SmilingPig: There is a first boss? I never got passed the stupid rings

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Ravenlight

Off the top of my head:

• Bioshock's final boss fight was middling technically and real underwhelming for how much of a great ride the game had been up to that point.
  • I didn't mind all of the previous bosses in Deus Ex: Human Revolution but the last one, again, diverged hugely from what the game had been ramping up to.
  • I don't remember, did Homefront actually have anything you could call a "boss"? That game was awful all around and should be mentioned whenever bad things are brought up anyway.
Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Justin258

I've personally never fought it, but Yiazmat from Final Fantasy XII sounds like a nightmare of a boss. Not necessarily because of difficulty but because of sheer length.

One of the most annoying boss battles for me is the first dragon in Dragon Age Origins. All of my party died very quickly and I, as a squishy mage, just ran around hitting him with my basic attack for over an hour. Yes, I did beat him like that.

EDIT: Nevermind. General RAAM is the worst fucking boss fight ever. I hate that guy, it's so dependent on chance and not skill. We haven't had many memorable boss fights this generation, what a shame.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nightriff

@believer258: Bravo on that, bravo. What level were you in DA:O? I tried to fight the dragon at an early level and got my ass smoked. I made a rule that I wouldn't fight a dragon till at least level 12 but usually even wait till I was higher than that

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Justin258

@Nightriff said:

@believer258: Bravo on that, bravo. What level were you in DA:O? I tried to fight the dragon at an early level and got my ass smoked. I made a rule that I wouldn't fight a dragon till at least level 12 but usually even wait till I was higher than that

I don't remember what level I was, but it was at around 15 hours in.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Red

The final boss in Persona 3 kinda sucks, if only because it can mind control one of your party members into healing itself. The rest of the battle is totally fine, but having it take over my character because my party members weren't doing what I wanted is perhaps the most frustrated I've been in a boss battle. Oh well, I showed it who was the real boss.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nightriff

@believer258: Probably pretty early then. Kinda sad that the final boss was easier than the other 2 dragons, that sucked a bit.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SmilingPig

@Nightriff said:

@SmilingPig: There is a first boss? I never got passed the stupid rings

You need to throw cars at him... if this all thing was not just a fever dream.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By Yummylee
  • It's probably not what I'd call the worst boss of all time, but Gears 3's end boss is a bloody nightmare. It goes on for far too long, and ooo goody, respawning enemies!
  • Like close to everything else in that game, the boss battles in Operation Raccoon City are a travesty.
  • Borderland's bosses aren't very good, but then I still wouldn't go as far as to call them the worst ever.
  • Boss battles in fighting games are often a pile of wank as well. Cyber Akuma in Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter made me want to punch... everything.
  • I agree about both Prototype and Fable 2, and hey, fable 3 also had a pathetic end boss as well.
  • Oh, also, Dead Rising. The entire franchise.
nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nightriff

@Yummylee said:

I only played the first one but I love absolutely everything about the game. The boss battles are tough but once you level up and get familiar with the controls I thought it was challenging but a lot of fun. If you get the clown's chainsaw with the 3 books the game was easy. I had to do a couple of runs without the chainsaw just to prove to myself that I didn't have to rely on them so much.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#20  Edited By Yummylee

@Nightriff said:

@Yummylee said:

I only played the first one but I love absolutely everything about the game. The boss battles are tough but once you level up and get familiar with the controls I thought it was challenging but a lot of fun. If you get the clown's chainsaw with the 3 books the game was easy. I had to do a couple of runs without the chainsaw just to prove to myself that I didn't have to rely on them so much.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm a massive fan of the series. I just think the majority of the boss battles are infuriating and not very fun to fight. They force you to purposely look for loopholes and exploits resulting in a lot of really cheap victories. I never felt satisfied when I'd beat any of the Dead Rising bosses, just a sense of relief that I'm finally through with it. Though there is a devilish sense of satisfaction going through the game when you're Level 50 and you're well equipped to slaughter pretty much all of them.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nightriff

@Yummylee: I completely agree. When I went through the game with only guns and katana's was probably when I enjoyed it the most. Were the battles in DR2 worse or similar to the first one?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Jeust

Heavenly Sword's last boss battle, with three phases to it, and the last one feeling a bit ridiculous in terms of dificulty.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nightriff

@Jeust: Yup, never beat the game because of him. I just remember never being able to block his attacks and trying to beat him for over and hour. Just gave up after that.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By CL60

Final bosses in fighting games can suck my balls.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jeust

@Nightriff said:

@Jeust: Yup, never beat the game because of him. I just remember never being able to block his attacks and trying to beat him for over and hour. Just gave up after that.

Yeah, I gave up too. But one day I sit down and finally beat it. The ending was worth it.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WickedFather

Gears 2, always it will be Gears 2.  Me and my friend reloaded it to make sure we didn't glitch win, then a second time to see if it could actually kill us.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nightriff

@Jeust said:

@Nightriff said:

Yeah, I gave up too. But one day I sit down and beat finally beat it. The ending was worth it.

Yeah I've been thinking about buying the game again and finally beating it but it's still expensive for a game that came out...5 years ago now?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jeust

@Nightriff said:

@Jeust said:

@Nightriff said:

Yeah, I gave up too. But one day I sit down and finally beat it. The ending was worth it.

Yeah I've been thinking about buying the game again and finally beating it but it's still expensive for a game that came out...5 years ago now?

Nahhh it is a platinum title, so you can find it really cheap.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nightriff

@Jeust: Really? I swear I haven't seen it less than $30 bucks. Games that have come out 6 months ago are cheaper. I'll have to check it out

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jeust

@Nightriff said:

@Jeust: Really? I swear I haven't seen it less than $30 bucks. Games that have come out 6 months ago are cheaper. I'll have to check it out

I bought it at 20€, when generally a platinum title is at 30€.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

Because of the way I speced All of Deus Ex's boss fights were fucked for me. Also pretty much any final boss in a JRPG usually sucks.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By me3639

The 3 that come to mind omitting Dark Souls:
Killzone 2 Radec on hard difficulty. I gave up.
Goldeneye:Reloaded. Alec on Hard difficulty. I gave up. 
Lords of Shadow Commander Olrox. Beat this one but i really hate Bosses that fully regenerate health more than once.  

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Akeldama

@believer258 said:

We haven't had many memorable boss fights this generation, what a shame.

I can tell you haven't played anything in the Souls series.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Well, the most recent final boss that made me so infuriated that I just didn't want to play the game was in Ys: The Oath In Felghana. I mean, I saw his pattern pretty quickly but I had just plowed through 10 or so hours of Ys in two days, so I was a little worn.

@me3639 said:

omitting Dark Souls

Personally, the Four Kings and the Flamelurker from DeS were far harder than the final boss of DkS or just more frustrating.

EDIT: oops, thought this was specifically final boss battles. 1 - Reading Comprehension, 0 - Me.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By L44

Fucking Crunch.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By nightriff

@SirOptimusPrime: If the final boss is that frustrating then it counts

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By connerthekewlkid

i moreover hated the resident evil 5 final boss one the first playthrough since by the time you reach him you have no ammo left whatsoever to kill him. My friend and his partner had to shank him with there knifes to kill him because they had no ammo left.

and ill go ahead and put in the electric snakes from lost Odyssey ^ thats a pretty normal reaction to this boss

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Justin258

@Akeldama said:

@believer258 said:

I didn't say that we haven't had any. I just said that we haven't had many.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#39  Edited By Humanity

Any game where the boss has multiple forms and no checkpoints in between are the worst but I can't think of one off the top of my head.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MideonNViscera

Anything where it tells me to push certain buttons at certain times. I forget what those are called, but they fucking suck.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ExplodeMode

Killzone 2 and Gears 1 both had end boss fights that I thought were designed terribly for higher difficulty. To the point of thinking that no one play tested those on elite/insane.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#42  Edited By Liquidus

First thing that comes to mind is the second last boss fight in Deus Ex Human Revolution, I love the game, all the boss fights were out of place and stupid and that second last one can just be ridiculously annoying depending on a previous choice.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By Vexxan

@Yummylee: I agree with you about Gears 3's end boss, it felt almost half-assed of the developers to make it somewhat hard by just endlessly pushing normal enemies at you.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SlightConfuse

El Shadai the first 10 are unwinnable and the when you beat the guy he turns into a giant bird

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By probablytuna

While I wouldn't say it's the worst boss battle I've ever played but Lazarevic from Uncharted 2 was a pain in the ass. I was playing on Hard, so two shotgun blasts and I'd die and there were like three stages with no checkpoints (from what I can remember). Shooting backwards while running and jumping on platforms was not fun.

I really hope developers would ditch the boss battle formula by the next generation of games unless they do something interesting with it. I mean, sure there will always be boss battles in like Mario games but not every game needs one. I mean (using the Naughty Dog example again), I'm glad I didn't have to do the same thing in Uncharted 3, but the QTE-style boss battles wasn't fun either. I'm really interested if we would be rid of boss battles in The Last of Us.

Packie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Packie

Ventus' dark clone in Kingdom Hearts: BBS. The fight itself isn't really all that bad, it's just that with the game's issues with camera, controls...etc are magnified tenfold into dogshit territory just because the asshole is constantly teleporting outside your field of view and hits from a blindside and the only way you can have any chance against him is if you keep rolling like a madman around the arena. Holy crap did that fight suck. Not challenging in the slightest, just bullshit.

Pink_o_mat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Pink_o_mat

Every single SNK boss!

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Akeldama

@believer258 said:

@Akeldama said:

@believer258 said:

I didn't say that we haven't had any. I just said that we haven't had many.

God of War 3 didn't do it for you? Every boss in Bayonetta? Space Buddah guy in Asura's Wrath? Laughing Octopus from Metal Gear Solid 4? Or the final fight with Liquid for that matter? The crazy doctor from Heavy Rain (a bit of a stretch I grant you that, but unforgettable all the same), sending Wheatley to the fucking moon in Portal 2? Need I go on?

DelroyLindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DelroyLindo

The one in shadow of the colossus

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zeushbien

@connerthekewlkid:

I remember that boss being a big pain, great game though.