Avatar image for hauntingthedark
hauntingthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hauntingthedark

Mines is the PS Vita. It's nothing more than a Youtube device and not even TEARAWAY can save it. That's right I, I said it.

I'd sell it but It would only be worth a game. Killzone was the latest big one to fail. Fifa is rubbish on it. Most games are just lazy ports, stripped down and rushed out the door. The 3DS on the other hand is one of the best consoles I have ever owned. Classic games, a growing library of games that will be seen as classics in years to come.

I regret it. Hopefully PlayStation will be back on form with the PS4.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'll probably get a Vita when the price drops. Ps+ has given me so many free games that I have downloaded for it that I wouldn't have to buy a game for it for a few years most likely. I've enjoyed all the systems I've had, but I will suggest that the Sega Saturn was pretty lackluster.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By audiosnow

The carrots I bought yesterday. They won't play ANYTHING.

What I mean to say is, let's be positive.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wii U

:D

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone's being a Negative Nancy.

earlygrab666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like you came to vent.

Either way my Atari Jaguar was the only system I ever returned (back when you could return tech.) Played it till the 28th day returned it on the 29th, back when you could have 30 days to return systems and games for store credit.

hauntingthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mlarrabee:

Carrots are for eating. Vita is for playing good games and there isn't enough of them. Carrots you buy in packs of 10-12. I am not asking that of good Vita games but 4-5 would be a sign that it has a SOMETHING.

Dasacant2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't even think the vita can be in the top 5 for worst gaming machines when its competing with titans like: the Jaguar(64 bits guys!), the virtualboy, the CD-i, the N-Gage, and of coarse the Gizmondo.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Virtual Boy. I still believe that shit fucked up my eyes so now I need glasses.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I really enjoy my Vita. Sure, I don't play it often, but I love it when I do. And now it's purpose is fulfilled: as an accessory for my PS4 (and a Tearaway device).

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I really didn't like the N64. It's the only system I have owned that looking back I can't think of a single good memory or time I had with it.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, do you mean console or handheld? The Vita is not a console, therefore it can't be the worst console ever.

I agree with the user that said, the Virtual Boy is the worst console ever. Wait, that was a console, right?

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By Sergio

I like my Vita. However, I never owned a PSP, so I have a big back catalog that I'm enjoying. I also have plenty of Indy titles I prefer playing on it than on Steam.

hauntingthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_misery:

Your name is Mr.Misery. You do not have purchase to make the point you are trying to make. LOL.

hauntingthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hauntingthedark

@coafi:

Games machine. Whatever. Handhelds and home consoles. They both have a bunch of games. I won't exclude one or the other for being hooked up to a TV or portable.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By LackingSaint

Wii is probably the worst system i've owned, just because it had the fewest number of games that interested me released for it. Pretty much Mario Galaxy, Brawl, No More Heroes 1 and 2 and then maybe Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition. Still need to play Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

Worst system ever in a broad sense? I dunno, the N-GAGE?

ungratefuldead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ungratefuldead

@hauntingthedark said:

@mlarrabee:

Carrots are for eating. Vita is for playing good games and there isn't enough of them. Carrots you buy in packs of 10-12. I am not asking that of good Vita games but 4-5 would be a sign that it has a SOMETHING.

4-5 Good Vita Games? Is that what you're asking for?

Persona 4 Golden, Virtue's Last Reward, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Wipeout 2048, Assassin's Creed III Liberation, LittleBigPlanet Vita, BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend, Killzone Mercenaries, Escape Plan, Soul Sacrifice, etc. etc. Mind you, this is an extremely partial list.

Point being, it has plenty. Perhaps not for your tastes, but the claims that Vita doesn't have good games are ridiculously exaggerated.

hauntingthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463:

What games did you play? Didn't you ever play Goldeneye multiplayer or Super Mario 64, Zelda, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Conker, Perfect Dark, Waverace, F-zero, Smash Bros?

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

hauntingthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ungratefuldead:

Ports and average games. Got Killzone and the controls are bad, not precise for a FPS, Gravity Rush has a bad camera, Assassins Creed Liberations is worse than the console AC games and that says a lot, Persona 4 is a port, BlazBlue is a port.

Wipeout is ok. "ridiculously exaggerated." I think not.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Pippin isn't it?

ungratefuldead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ungratefuldead

@hauntingthedark:

Persona 4 and Blaz Blue both have additional features that shape the game dramatically. Golden is pretty much P4.5 given the revamps to stats, gameplay, the addition of extra quests, etc. etc. Blaz Blue adds another playable character, which is a big thing in fighting games because it shifts the balance around, as well as new modes, distortion drives, and balance tweaks. Dismissing either of these games as just ports is essentially not knowing about the metagame involved.

Reviews for Assassin's Creed Liberation are positive, regardless of what your opinion of the game is, the general consensus is it's a good game.

Gravity Rush's camera is perfectly fine. Unless you're referring to the camera moving when you tilt the device in which case you can adjust that or turn it off completely.

So yeah. Ridiculously exaggerated.

Shakey1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be interested to see how many remember the Infinium Labs Phantom?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

N-Gage

Sidetalkin' is funny, everything is flaming hot garbage.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463:

What games did you play? Didn't you ever play Goldeneye multiplayer or Super Mario 64, Zelda, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Conker, Perfect Dark, Waverace, F-zero, Smash Bros?

Didn't care for any of them. I was playing shooters on PC so the idea of playing a console shooter was a joke. I don't like racing or fighting games, never liked Zelda, and never cared for a mario game that was not 2D. I was always more of an RPG/Strategy game guy anyway. So the PSX was where it was at for me at the time with all the JRPGs out on that thing.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I always thought the Game Gear and Master System were dumb as hell. I don't know why. And not to hate on Sega, but the Menacer has to be the dumbest peripheral right?

w1n5t0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Gizmondo which turned out to be a front for Swedish mafia or some wierd shit like that. Listen to Jeff talk about the hilarious details.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I briefly owned a Turbograffix 16. MAN was that a pile of shit. I think I even apologized to my parents for having them buy it.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The OHHHYA

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/boocreepyfootdoctor/lists/worst-consoles-of-all-of-times/77885

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 or Xbox One. Because, you know, sour grapes.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hunkulese

People are still complaining about the Vita? It has lots of great stuff to play and I've probably put more time into it than my 3DS. I'm not really sure which ports you're complaining about but none of them have seemed lazy to me and in a lot of cases it's pretty much the same game on a smaller screen. Super Stardust Delta is better than the PS3 version, Guacamelee is great, Dragon's Crown is great, Divekick is great, Disgaea is great, Persona is great, The Show is great, Rayman is great, DOA is great, Pixeljunk Monsters is great, Sine Mora is great, Spelunky is great, Sound Shapes is great, Thomas Was Alone is great, Portable SOTN is great. Which ports are the lazy ones? Those are just the ports. There are also a bunch of solid Vita only games.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Seppli

Probably the GameCube. That thing did nothing for me. Playing some GBA Fire Emblem with that GBA-addon is the most memorable thing I played on that system.

P.S. The Vita will be the greatest handheld console of all times. The final hurrah to dedicated gaming handhelds. Beloved Vita.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By PandaBear

@hauntingthedark said:

@mlarrabee:

4-5 Good Vita Games? Is that what you're asking for?

Persona 4 Golden, Virtue's Last Reward, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Wipeout 2048, Assassin's Creed III Liberation, LittleBigPlanet Vita, BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend, Killzone Mercenaries, Escape Plan, Soul Sacrifice, etc. etc. Mind you, this is an extremely partial list.

Point being, it has plenty. Perhaps not for your tastes, but the claims that Vita doesn't have good games are ridiculously exaggerated.

I fixed that for you ;)

Also, the OP is a negative spammer. Head to General Discussion and have a look.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Virtual Boy. I still believe that shit fucked up my eyes so now I need glasses.

This is the worst console of all time.

There is no way you can possibly dispute this.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

There are so many systems that were utter shit that most people never had. No mainstream system has any place in the discussion about worst console. Especially with a vague definition of the parameters. If you're talking the system itself, as in the hardware, the Vita is probably one of the best handhelds for its time; it's an impressive piece of tech. If you are looking at the game library as the defining characteristic of the system, the Vita certainly isn't great but it does have a handful of great games, which is more than can be said for something like The Virtual Boy or The Gizmodo.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Vita obviously...what? You guys are clearly blissfully ignorant of the feeling that comes months after getting a Virtual Boy for Christmas

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Clonedzero

Whats that thing that uh, you put your face into and it was just bright red shit? I'm not looking up its name but you know it!

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Atari Jaguar, even if I got it for Alien VS Preditor, why didn't they port over the Lynx games?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

OGJackWagon69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread should be titled "Worst Console YOU have ever played" because seriously here people, objectively the vita is no where near being the worst console ever made. I mean persona 4 golden alone puts it light years ahead of shit like the virtual boy in terms of genuine quality.

hauntingthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ungratefuldead:

You are very forgiving. Just forget about the issues that most people and reviews have picked up on. Gravity Rush would have been long forgotten if it wasn't for the fact it was an exclusive. Mediocre and it DOES have camera issues.

hauntingthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese:

Really. You sound like the guy who had no good memories of the N64. If you actually have a 3DS and buy games for it then you'd see the difference in quality. For every port that you call better than the PS3 version or whatever, I'll give you an original 3DS future classic. Say what you will about Wii U but the 3DS has arguably the best lineup of games on any system, home/handheld in years.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@crithon: nice pics, but yep. worst console ever.

unless the Ouya is a console. Whatever the Ouya is, it's the worst one of those.

hauntingthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidsnakegfer9:

the virtual boy had original stuff not ports. Persona is a PS2 game that belonged on the PS2. You have been told this many, many, many, money, many times before. No?

hauntingthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tourgen:

That's unfair. The Ouya needs at least the same amount of time as the Vita before you get all up on your horse about it. Jeez Louise.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Mines is the PS Vita. It's nothing more than a Youtube device and not even TEARAWAY can save it. That's right I, I said it.

I'd sell it but It would only be worth a game. Killzone was the latest big one to fail. Fifa is rubbish on it. Most games are just lazy ports, stripped down and rushed out the door. The 3DS on the other hand is one of the best consoles I have ever owned. Classic games, a growing library of games that will be seen as classics in years to come.

I regret it. Hopefully PlayStation will be back on form with the PS4.

Yeah, looks like we got a killjoy here.

However, on the off change you wanted an actual answer, here you go.

Loading Video...

No mater which of the two major consoles you pick in this latest round of the fanboy wars, both will be better than these ever were.

ungratefuldead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hauntingthedark: Did you seriously just try to say the Virtual Boy was better than the Vita on virtue of it having original content (which I've already proved the Vita has plenty of.)

Alright. You got me. You are a damn good troll. Tip of the hat sir.

axlvandamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CD-i