#1 Posted by samanthademeste (19 posts) -

#2 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

not really familiar with these consoles, they're a bit dated

although i chose virtual boy cus i know that's crap

ps. the sega addons are addons and not consoles

#3 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Pippin

#4 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Genesis add-ons, when anybody in the know knew Saturn was coming out.  Specifically 32x, my friend bought it and all I could do is shake my head.  

#5 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Where is the Apple Pippin, the Sharp MZ or the Dragon 32 on that list?

#6 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

The Odyssey. Although saying that, it was also the first games console ever.

#7 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Yeah, the Pippin was pretty bad.

#8 Posted by BionicRadd (617 posts) -

the 2600 being on this list is insulting, though I take comfort that no one's voted for it. 2600 stands as one of the greatest consoles ever. It brought gaming to the center of everyone's living room.

Also, Jaguar was not a bad console. It just lacked enough quality software.

#9 Posted by samanthademeste (19 posts) -

@BionicRadd: It's the Atari 5200.

#10 Edited by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

I'm going to assume you mean existing consoles only which excludes my first choice the Phantom, and since the pippin wasn't a game console but a multimedia device/tool, I'm going to have to go with the Jaguar. The Machine was crippled from the start much like the genesis, but at least the genesis was easy to develop for. The virtual boy was a great console having owned one myself. It's just that in a generation of wallstreet occupiers, the brats didn't have the patience to only use the system for 20 to 40 minutes at a time. A pretty large oversight for Nintendo, but hardly a flawed console.

#11 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -
#12 Posted by BeachThunder (11685 posts) -

Virtual Boy, because the console itself was awful - how are you even supposed to use the thing comfortably?

#13 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

I said Virtual Boy, but I really meant the Wii.

#14 Posted by masterpaperlink (1829 posts) -

WIIIII

#15 Posted by shhetghost (59 posts) -

N-Gage

#16 Posted by Grumbel (910 posts) -

From that list the CD-I is probably the worst, as it wasn't even really a game console. It was this hybrid between the not-yet-invented DVD-player and an interactive multimedia thing, essentially a player for all those multimedia CD-ROMs coming out in the early 90's, but those never took of enough to warrant a separate player and most people just used their PCs with CD-ROM drives. As a game console the CD-I had simply far to much problems.

#17 Posted by JoeyIA (662 posts) -

Virtual Boy is worse than the CD-i... really? I think lots of the voters just haven't experienced the awful bullshit that's the Phillips CD-i.

#18 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

the wii

#19 Edited by oldjack327 (132 posts) -

5200 had some really fun games. Too bad about the crappy controller.

And the Sega CD gave us Night Trap and Snatcher! (and Sewer Shark... ew)

And the Atari Jaguar at least has the definitive version of the first Aliens VS Predators (for what it's worth).

And say what you will about the Virtual Boy (and its searing red lights of death) but at least it was trying something cool (and failing miserably).

For worst console, I have to go with Phillips CD-I. All of the best CD tech at the time... to give you shitty flash-style platformers and edutainment titles. BLECH!!

#20 Posted by 71Ranchero (2675 posts) -

Still dont get why people cant stand the Virtual Boy. Most of the games on it were great and eyestrain only happened when people didnt adjust it correctly.

I said the Jag. The controller was bad, the hardware was a lie, and most of the software was bad.

#21 Posted by Terry_Bogard (302 posts) -

n64

#22 Posted by HatKing (5812 posts) -

Well if you're counting the Virtual Boy as a 'console' then my vote goes to the NGage; it's about as much of a console as the Virtual Boy.

The funny thing is some of the worst consoles (business wise) have been some of my all time favorites, e.g.: Dreamcast and Xbox.

#23 Posted by BionicRadd (617 posts) -

@samanthademeste said:

@BionicRadd: It's the Atari 5200.

reading fail. nevermind

#24 Posted by WickedFather (1730 posts) -

xbox 360, cos chieevementes.

#25 Posted by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

The Game.com

Man my sister had one, what a piece of shit.

#26 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Amstrad GX4000

#27 Posted by JoeyRavn (4947 posts) -

@oldjack327 said:

For worst console, I have to go with Phillips CD-I. All of the best CD tech at the time... to give you shitty flash-style platformers and edutainment titles. BLECH!!

This, mah boi.

#28 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Apple Pippin.

#29 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

Playstation 3

Yeah that's right. Come at me fanboys!

#30 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11461 posts) -

As far as I can tell, the Atari Jaguar had no real redeeming qualities whatsoever, but at least it was a game console. The same could not be said for the CD-i, which people only know about for those awful Zelda and Mario games that came out on it.

#31 Posted by Hobosunday (41 posts) -

It's really a shame, I wasn't around when these consoles were crapped out. I would've enjoyed seeing people get angey about it. I have never heard of any of these except the Virtual boy, but reading the posts has enlightened me. Well, except for one, what's the Apple Pippin, and why is it so bad?

#32 Posted by 71Ranchero (2675 posts) -

@ArbitraryWater said:

As far as I can tell, the Atari Jaguar had no real redeeming qualities whatsoever, but at least it was a game console. The same could not be said for the CD-i, which people only know about for those awful Zelda and Mario games that came out on it.

The Mario game was good.

#33 Posted by Liber (648 posts) -

Wii

#34 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Never played any of these consoles. A damned shame.

#35 Posted by JoeyRavn (4947 posts) -

@Liber said:

Wii

Why? I mean, if there's a real reason behind it, besides the mindblowing amount of hate this console generates on some people.

#36 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7047 posts) -

The Virtual Boy. I remember not being able to properly see red for about 2 hours after the first (and last) time I used it at a friends house. That thing was horrible.

#37 Posted by ninjalegend (411 posts) -

I avoided the rest of those, so I had to go with the Genesis add ons. I was a fighting game freak back in the day, and held my breath for a good Samurai Showdown. I did not want to plop down the cash for a Neo Geo, and was sure this frankensystem would have enough power for a decent port. That flaming pile of crap prompted me to research all future console investments. With the exception of the Wii, I think I've done well.

#38 Posted by crusader8463 (14413 posts) -

360!

#39 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

By not including all game consoles your poll is invalid

#40 Posted by apoptosis61 (600 posts) -

CD-i

virtual boy at least had 3-4 real games, CD-i had turds

#41 Edited by Superfriend (1526 posts) -

@JoeyRavn said:

@Liber said:

Wii

Why? I mean, if there's a real reason behind it, besides the mindblowing amount of hate this console generates on some people.

The hate stems from the mindblowing amount of stupidity this generation of gamers spew out onto the forums these days. I bet most of these guys/gals (who am I kidding, they´re kids) have never even seen any console older than the N64. They have no idea of the monstrosities that existed in the SNES/Genesis era or before that. In short: Kids these days!

BTW: The Wii is fine, as is the PS3.. play some nomad or gamegear and you know whats bad (and battery-life-sucking)

#42 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

The VHS-based Action Max probably would have been real bad if it had ever gotten out the door.

#43 Posted by Toms115 (2315 posts) -

pstriple

#44 Posted by GaspoweR (2792 posts) -

Though I've never owned any of this consoles, I just know that the Virtual Boy is the obvious choice. It would probably more useful as a prop or a costume than an actual gaming console.

#45 Posted by MaGnUmKiLLa (46 posts) -

It's not on the list so I'm gonna say it, the Neo Geo AES. Way too expensive and no where near enough good games. People have actually played the Neo Geo too and I think that's important for something to really be considered terrible. Throwing up the Pippin is like saying that movie your cousin made in his backyard is the worst movie ever. It might be but, no one really cares cause they've never seen it.

#46 Posted by kaedeno (8 posts) -

The CD-I, hands down.

Why? I'll just leave this here...

#47 Posted by SpacePringles (22 posts) -

Ps3 and 360 and PC and the wii and the ds and the psp

game.com were it is at

#48 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

No 3DO?