#1 Edited by Jimi (1126 posts) -

So in the spirit of the "best characters" thread, I figured it would be interesting to see what the GB community's idea of worst characters to party with would be.

Other thread here: http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/game-characters-to-party-with-in-2012/569276/#33

My ideas;

MC from Hotline Miami: Think about it, the guy would just go into the bathroom, do a bunch of coke and then come out murdering everyone.

Ceaseless Discharge from Dark Souls: Everyone hates "that guy" who drinks too much too fast and makes everyone have a bad time. Imagine that but it never ends.

Connor from AC3: Dude is just boring, or hey maybe he will be the guy who completely opens up after a few.

#2 Posted by Willin (1285 posts) -

Gordon Freeman.

"Hey, what did you get up to last summer?"

"..."

"Geez, you don't have to be a dick about it"

#3 Posted by Nightriff (5328 posts) -

Kenny because he is the fucking worst and would drink all the booze.

#4 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Muton Berserker.

All he does is run around in circles and occasionally smack people.

#5 Posted by mellotronrules (1244 posts) -

@Willin said:

Gordon Freeman.

"Hey, what did you get up to last summer?"

"..."

"Geez, you don't have to be a dick about it"

g-man be cock-blockin day in day out.

#6 Posted by Sinusoidal (1791 posts) -

Kratos. Angry drunks are the worst drunks.

#7 Edited by SharkEthic (1063 posts) -

@Jimi said:

Connor from AC3: Dude is just boring, or hey maybe he will be the guy who completely opens up after a few.

I doubt it, that guy is a TOTAL bummer! He'd be my choice for sure.

I'd also be pretty uncomfortable around Vaas, but I'd still take that fucking psycho over Conner!

#8 Edited by Maajin (1086 posts) -

@Jimi said:

Ceaseless Discharge from Dark Souls: Everyone hates "that guy" who drinks too much too fast and makes everyone have a bad time. Imagine that but it never ends.

I guess pretty much anyone from Dark/Demon's Souls would be the worst. They're either monotone, depressed assholes or horrible monsters from hell.

Edit: Well, exclude Solaire from that. That guy probably knows how to party.

#9 Posted by LackingSaint (1853 posts) -

Sonic the Hedgehog. Motherfucker has to make everything a speed challenge.

#10 Posted by ShaggE (6698 posts) -

Pain Elemental (Cacodad) from Doom 2. Dude just doesn't know when to stop bringing guests. Not to mention that said guests are assholes, eating everything in sight, getting up in people's grills, and constantly screeching.

#11 Posted by Nentisys (893 posts) -

Every NPC from Dark Souls. They are either incredibly emo or just laughing at you, thinking it is hilarious that you still hold out hope of surviving.

#12 Posted by Sweep (8975 posts) -

Anyone from Far Cry 3.

#13 Edited by sungahymn (1038 posts) -

The Stormcloaks from Skyrim. From what Hilda tells me, they're pretty bad people in general that like to break furniture.

Also, they'll drink all the fruit punch once they consume all the alcohol.

#14 Posted by RPGee (763 posts) -
#15 Posted by DizzyMedal (400 posts) -

@Sweep said:

Anyone from Far Cry 3.

Sam and Willis were pretty cool. I mean sure, they were both a bit odd in their own ways, but the party wouldn't be dull. :)

Everyone else should be avoided though, that's certainly true.

#16 Posted by hermes (1606 posts) -

Kratos... He would go out of his way to kill everyone in the party.

Whether it is for green orbs, or because he find a QTE for opening a bottle, every puzzle he has involves killing someone. He would throw someone of a window instead of opening it.

Only people left alive are hot, naked girls; but he would keep all of them to himself anyway.

#17 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5154 posts) -

'Splosion Man for obvious reasons.

#18 Posted by gelatinabomination (184 posts) -

Neku from The World Ends With You. He'd be a complete downer most of the time, assuming he took his headphones off enough to listen to what you're saying. Dude probably has a few sweet party tricks up his sleeve with those pins, though.

If we're talking characters from this year, Lee would probably be the biggest downer ever.

#19 Posted by The_Moorasaurus (88 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton: 'Splosion Man would be pretty amazing at a BBQ though...