#1 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

What's the worst game you ever bought? I would say mine would be Thrillville

Such a terrible game, I warn you to never get this game. So what are your duders?

#2 Posted by EuanDewar (4963 posts) -

Ocarina of Time.

#3 Posted by falserelic (5444 posts) -

The worst game I've played this Gen is The Cursed Crusade. Fuck that game and the developers for making that shit.

#4 Posted by Stonyman65 (2724 posts) -

One

Run Like Hell

Killzone 3 (wasn't the worst, but I wasted $60 on that game.)

#5 Edited by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

Ocarina of Time.

Hold up, Ocarina of Time? Refer to this thread.

Edit: hold up wrong link.

Edit2: There we go.

#6 Posted by KontX (116 posts) -

Wario World

Rival Turf!

Super Mario Galaxy

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

Halo Reach - For some reason I just couldn't like it

#7 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
#8 Posted by Praise_the_sun (74 posts) -

@KontX: Super Mario Galaxy!??!?

I...uh...wha?

#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Infernal *Current gen*  

Superman 64 all time

#10 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Rock Revolution...for the DS...

#11 Posted by TruthTellah (9150 posts) -

Probably Final Fantasy XIII. Pre-ordered and got a guide with it, too. One of the biggest regrets I've had in gaming since the NES era.

#12 Posted by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -
This game was pretty terrible
#13 Posted by Funzzo (835 posts) -

Shaun White Snowboarding (PC) 2 bucks on ebay.

#14 Posted by RWBladewing (118 posts) -

I like seeing these threads pop up just so I can mention Record of Agarest War Zero yet again. Obscurity prevents it from getting the hate it deserves.

#15 Posted by mosespippy (4205 posts) -

Brutal Legend. It was an impulse buy while waiting in line on release day for Uncharted 2. I guess that's why Cabela's always comes out on the same day as Halo.

#16 Edited by Brodehouse (9965 posts) -
#17 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

@EuanDewar said:

Ocarina of Time.

Hold up, Ocarina of Time? Refer to this thread.

Edit: hold up wrong link.

Edit2: There we go.

It's like you didn't even read the responses.

@nintendoeats said:

Rock Revolution...for the DS...

What was your justification for that purchase?

#18 Posted by blackichigo (172 posts) -
#19 Posted by SlapHappyJesus (120 posts) -

Hard to say.

Recently, I was in gamestop and saw a game from my past, Hunter:The Reckoning, for a buck. Remembered having a fun time with it back in the day, so I picked it up. Well, past me was stupid. The game is pretty much crap.

So, yeah. That is the worst game I've bought recently, anyway.

#20 Posted by RawknRo11a (564 posts) -
#21 Posted by Levius (1142 posts) -

Conflict: Denied Ops, all it had to be was a update of the previous games, we got a horrible FPS instead. That's the last time I buy on release day on a whim.

#22 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1250 posts) -

Fez. I regret buying that game and hate it so much.

#23 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

gunvalkyrie

That game was fucking horrible.

edit: also, does linking game names just straight up not work and only add an extension url onto the end of the word for anyone else?

#24 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@LordAndrew: Pretty much the same as my justification for buying the ofull game: it was 5 bucks.

It was also developed by HB Studios who are local, so I figured it was worth owning for that.

And christ, have you seen my game collection!?!?

#25 Posted by falserelic (5444 posts) -

@mosespippy said:

Brutal Legend. It was an impulse buy while waiting in line on release day for Uncharted 2. I guess that's why Cabela's always comes out on the same day as Halo.

I remember buying Brutal Legend it was just terrible. Maybe it was because I wasn't into the heavy metal vibe. But still I found the game to be dull. Hell I didn't even finish playing the game.

#26 Edited by Sploder (917 posts) -

I dunno I once bought both 50 Cent Bulletproof and Shadow the Hedgehog. ON THE SAME DAY.

#27 Posted by darkdragonmage99 (741 posts) -
#28 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

this gen has to be Lair. but i only paid £5 for so i wont get to upset.

of all time.. i don't remember

#29 Posted by Chaser324 (6585 posts) -

Duke Nukem Forever. A purchase driven by nostalgia, curiosity, and a desire to own a piece of gaming history.

#30 Posted by AlisterCat (5586 posts) -

I don't buy bad games. I don't understand how people do this.

#31 Posted by JoeyRavn (4977 posts) -

I'm torn between Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Phantasy Star Universe. I didn't think there could be a game that I enjoyed less than Bastion, but, hey, Amalur was there to surprise me.

@Canteu: Happens to me from time to time. I found out it's less likely to happen if you select the word(s) you want to link from left to right, not right to left. Maybe it's just a crazy coincidence, though.

#32 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Fightbox for the PS2, they were handing those out for free with every purchase of £15 or more when I got it.

#33 Posted by poople (14 posts) -

well early 2000s i still had a ps1 i also had a ps2 but i was still looking for ps1 games well while looking for ps1 games in a rite aid [are rite aid sold ps1games] i bought a little known gem called crticom for i believe for 10 dollars i always picked the poo man gorm

#34 Posted by Damolition (119 posts) -

I loved the first one so much. This broke my heart.

#35 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -
#36 Posted by Brodehouse (9965 posts) -

@JoeyRavn said:

I didn't think there could be a game that I enjoyed less than Bastion,

You are history's greatest monster.

#37 Posted by UltorOscariot (206 posts) -

When I was a young lad, I wasted my birthday money on a copy of Super Aquatic Games Staring the Aquabats on SNES. That shouldn't have happened. My younger self would have had more fun if he had burned the money.

#38 Posted by mosespippy (4205 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@mosespippy said:

I remember buying Brutal Legend it was just terrible. Maybe it was because I wasn't into the heavy metal vibe. But still I found the game to be dull. Hell I didn't even finish playing the game.

I only went back and finished it when PSN was down for a month. Without being able to play any of my other games online I had the time to play that crap since all my other single player games were completed around the time that I got them.

#39 Posted by johncallahan (570 posts) -

I'm sure as a kid I bought some pretty bad SNES/Genesis games. The absolute worst one I can actually remember though is Dragon Ball Z: Sagas. I've played worse, but that is the worst I actually paid a large sum of money for.

#40 Edited by BeachThunder (11986 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

I don't buy bad games. I don't understand how people do this.

Well, then what was the least good out of the games you've bought...?

Anyway, I can't really think of what would be the worst exactly; but Beyond Good and Evil is the first thing that springs to mind as a game I bought and disliked.

Edit: Bad Company 2 - I'm not a multiplayer person, so I only played through the campaign. Eugh.

#41 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

Brink full price 

#42 Posted by laserbolts (5323 posts) -

Current gen would be alpha protocol but all time would probably be superman 64.

#43 Posted by Mint_Kjell_Olav (77 posts) -

Duke nukem forever balls of steel edition :-( omg what a stupid purchase!!! And i bought Cabalas dangerous hunts because i thought i could go hunting in an open world with my friend but no it was a stupid shooting gallery and the single player game was the worst crap i have ever played! There was not anything that resembled realism or fun in that game! Stay away!!

#44 Posted by ascagnel (76 posts) -

A tossup between Daikatana and the expand-alone Phantasy Star Universe ex-pack (I forget the subtitle).

#45 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -
#46 Posted by Asurastrike (2167 posts) -

Final Fantasy XIII

#47 Posted by believer258 (11948 posts) -

I actually do not know. I can't think of any downright bad games I've paid for at the moment. I'm certain that I have paid for bad games before but their names slip my mind.

Besides, I generally do research on games before buying them and have been for a long time.

#48 Posted by Soap (3594 posts) -

Current generation it was probably Alpha Protocol and Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning.

Alpha Protocol felt like a buggy unfinished and downright ugly mess while in KOA:R I was almost convinced I had jumped into some weird console MMO that no one else was playing.

#49 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1480 posts) -

Amy, Amy Amy a million times Amy. I love Deadly Premonition, but I can admit it's not a great game. Amy makes Deadly Premonition look like the greatest game ever made.

#50 Posted by StalkingTurnip (150 posts) -

@warxsnake said:

Brink full price

This. I made the same terrible mistake.