Final Fantasy 8.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Joeyoe31

Amazing Island is a game about creating monsters and having adventures! At least that's what I thought. It's actually about creating monsters that look nothing like what you imagined and then having them do uninspired mini-games taken from a bunch of other minigame collections.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Catarrhal
ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#204  Edited By ozzdog12

I normally dont buy bad games and I rarely trade games in. I bought Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 because ALL of my friends had it....I traded that crap in 2 months after I bought ti

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#205  Edited By JoeyRavn

@TobbRobb said:

@JoeyRavn: Why would you play something bad twice? I beat it once and liked it.

I tend to finish every single game I start playing, and everyone is fucking in love with the story of that game. "You have to play it twice to see both endings", everyone says. I wholeheartedly wanted to give that game a chance, but it never clicked with me in any way.

Besides...Achievements, yo. The second playthrough is much quicker, since it's a New Game+, though.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

Nonapod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Nonapod

Actraiser II

toolzz360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#208  Edited By toolzz360

Here is a few of the worst Ive played recently....World Championship Poker ALL IN (360), Undertow (XBLA), Battle Of The Bands (WII), Super Monkey Ball (Wii)

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#210  Edited By sixpin

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

To be fair I was just a kid and I had seen the movie when it came out just a few months prior to the game.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#211  Edited By frankfartmouth

It's not the worst game I've ever purchased, but Final Fantasy 8 is the most disappointed I've ever been with a purchase relative to my expectations.

Worst game period? Probably Bubsy. Can't remember if I got if for the SNES or Genesis. I just remember it sucked.

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#212  Edited By Thoseposers

either Braid or Limbo. I hated them even though i completed both

D_train_lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By D_train_lives

I might get hella hate for this but Dark Souls. Being super difficult doesn't make it a good game

skittles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#214  Edited By skittles

Farcry 2 comes to mind. I found nothing to enjoy about that game. I think when I picked it up, I'd just purchased Dead Space as well. I played through that over the course of a couple of days, and absolutely loved it. I played Farcry 2 for maybe a couple of hours, and I found enough to dislike about that game that I never went back. I'm sure I've bought and played worse games, but that one springs to mind.

Also when Pokemon Snap came out, my parents bought me in for Christmas. I still remember being pretty disappointed when I opened the present. This wasn't the game I wanted. Sure I liked Pokemon, but I liked collecting and battling them, not rolling around on rails and taking photos of them. I also sat down with it that afternoon and played for a couple of hours, and thought I'd finished the game because I got the gameover screen. I recall being pretty pissed that I was done with my Christmas present before Christmas was even over.

In hindsight, I'm really thankful that my parents gave me it. If it hadn't been forced on me, I probably wouldn't have played it at all, and I wouldn't understand any of the references to it. I think it's one of those games that will keep coming up as being significant in the history of gaming, for better or worse. Kinda like Superman 64, which I also had the good fortune to have played.

ImaTreee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By ImaTreee

FFXIII ;___;

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#216  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Skullgirls. Should have been logical and gone with what I thought of it instead of the hype. Played it for about 5-6 hours and never touched it again. Worst fighting game I've ever played.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#217  Edited By Bigheart711

Neopets: The Darkest Faerie. Long story short, back when I was into the Neopets as a website, I played the videogame and it had a number of major glitches and the fucker didn't even start a new game after you beat it (which means that you have to start a new game and it doesn't carry over jack shit). Moments like this make me glad that I left Neopets and went back to good ol' Pokemon.

That1BlackGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By That1BlackGuy

Warhawk '07 for me, couldn't get into that game at all.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

I spent $60 on a RAGE pre-purchase on the PC. I got caught up in the hype, or something. I guess.

God damnit.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By confusedowl

Evergrace

To think the developer behind Demons Souls and Dark Souls made that game.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Nottle

Looking at these responses it's apparent that people have poor purchasing histories, or people hate some pretty decent games.

I think the most unsatisfied i've been buying a game was either Radical Rex for like 8 bucks, or if i may be kind of unreasonable Kotor, dude that game is kind of boring. I did buy it for like around 4 bucks on last steam summer sale, but nothing really motivates me to play it, and i've tried to play it twice, my interest petered out.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By bybeach

Duke Nukem Forever..I still haven't taken it out of it's wrapper, I saw enough with the ql. Wallboob slapping foreverzs!!!!!

But someone mentioned Killzone 3. True, they castrated the ending to that game and stuck the private parts in the games mouth, but otherwise..well, what a damned good game! No offense to someone's personal opinion, it's strictly bisness..

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#223  Edited By Genkkaku
CODA117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By CODA117

A game called "WET" for PS3....great concept, but AWFUL game

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Vextroid

I have a high tolerance for crap games but for some reason I just couldn't like; Spiderman 2 PC, was nothing like the PS2 game, man what a fucking bummer that was. Shaun White Skateboarding, playe tonnes of Tony Hawk and a bit of skate. But man I could just not understand the controls for this game. Lemmings 3D, not only boring but I't taught me what Formating is the hard way. Some one here reminded me of Minority Report. Man that games was just boring, hard and controlled like crap. Can't believe I blew birthday money on it. Though the other choice was a Turok game for GameCube, so it wa a lost cause either way.

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By circlenine

Blade Kitten. The level design is boring and goes on for way longer than it could ever need to, the writing for the game is terrible, the voice actors/actresses they got for it just don't seem to fit the characters. The game really shows off everything that it has to offer within the first 15 minutes and from there I played 3 levels in and never touched it since. I just wanted a 2D actiony platformer..... :[

Not included: All the things I got as part of indie packs on Steam sales that I didn't care about but just wanted 1 of 5 or 10 games from the pack.

fantasyfreak07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By fantasyfreak07

Pokemon Channel. It's so bad.

MURDERSMASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#228  Edited By MURDERSMASH
Xbox box art (cropped)
Xbox box art (cropped)

Played it for like 30 minutes, got stuck when I couldn't figure something out, never touched it again. BBLLLEEEEECCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHH

falconpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By falconpunch

That terrible gamecube game where you created monsters or something

If anyone knows what its called please let me know

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Age II

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#231  Edited By shiftymagician

Diablo 3. After being rushed to finishing the last boss because of an unexpected server shutdown, I had to miss a majority of the dialogues that I wanted to sit through from the npc's I was with. Then, witnessing the anti-clamactic ending cutscene followed with a old-style congratulations message and then a repeat to play the same, predictable thing again at a higher difficulty told me I would have been fine if I had never purchased it. Even if it was about 'the journey' and not the destination, there wasn't much throughout the journey that wowed me like the Act 2 boss fight.

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By BoatDrinks

Knights of the old republic or any madden game I ever payed $60 for (I keep getting tricked every few years). Knights isn't bad but not worth 60 for sure.

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By ThePaleKing

I usually research games pretty extensively before buying them so I don't end up with outright terrible games, unless I buy them intentionally (Deadly Premonition, Chulip, etc). Looking at my shelf right now I'd say Fallout 3 or Oblivion. No idea why I thought Bethesda would be able to handle Fallout after what they did with Oblivion, but I bought it anyway, and it was shit. At least Obsidian brought the series back to a high plateau (not as high as 1 and 2 but) with New Vegas.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By forkboy

Man, Knights of the Old Republic a worst purchase? OBLIVION? Good God people, you must have some immaculate record for biying games.

This is hard. I mean if I went through my parents loft & dug out the Spectrum, Master System & Mega Drive games I had I'm sure I'd find some absolute shitshows in there. Remember very vaguely having a WWF game on the Gameboy at some point which can't have been good. But the thing with these games is I was pretty easily pleased as a kid. If I was spending a months worth of pocket money on a game then it sure as hell was going to be good, my dad would go buy me a couple of magazines so we could get like corroborating reviews & stuff. And most of the games I have for both Sega systems came second hand when I got the machine as being a 7 or 8 year old kid there wasn't masses of money available to me to spend on games.

First thing that comes to mind as being bad is Myst on the PS1. I just couldn't get my head around that fucking thing. But then I think my dad bought it for himself so that's no money down the drain. Civ 2 on the PS1 was probably a terrible port but I didn't have a PC available at that point in time & that was my first step into strategy games excluding Spectrum games I totally didn't understand. I remember the loading times being fucking atrocious & the save files were huge, probably took up a whole memory card, but man it was a lot of fun despite all that. Oh actually there was another strategy game, Shadow of the Horned Rat, a Warhammer game. At the time I was still into the whole Warhammer thing, but that game was nigh impossible after about the 7th or 8th battle. So damn hard, the learning curve of that was steady & then just about went vertical, which really sucked.

I more or less missed the gen after PS1 (I had a Gamecube but basically at that point was playing all my games on the PC). I loved the Total War games until Rome came out, & the changes they'd made to the campaign map basically ended up with every battle being a siege which got boring real quick. I still ended up buying Medieval 2 but that also disappointed me. The core battles were still fine, the campaign just...not to my liking.

This generation, well...Gears of War screams out as a game I just could never get into, not my sort of game but it came with my 360. Dead Rising was a really cool concept which controlled...kind of terribly. Any time you ended up in a gun fight the game just felt broken to me. And then they didn't fix it in Dead Rising 2, I almost fucking wept.

But it's Dragon Age 2. What a piece of shit. In 20 years of gaming Dragon Age 2 is the game that disappointed me the most & so is the worst thing I can think I've bought. Well, excluding the sort of Steam games that get packaged in deals like the Paradox Collection in a Steam sale. That's just bought for EU3, HOI3, Vicky2 & Mount & Blade. So Elven Legacy or Woody Two-Legs: Attack of the Zombie Pirates could be fucking appalling but I doubt I'll ever even install those.

Ryalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Ryalm

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Never renewed after my first 60 days, stopped playing weeks before that ended... shame too.

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - Bought to play with friends... we were all idiots. Lost interest in the game the first week. It's a shame, I wish I liked it.

SOCOM Confrontation - Yuck, I was even warned at the register when I bought it too...

Worst all-time purchase? Shaq-Fu.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By excast

Not many probably remember this game, but a PS1 RPG named Shadow Madness is probably up there for me.  It wasn't much I imagine, but the game was so absolutely terrible I couldn't get more than an hour or two into it.  I seem to remember something about a party member that was a talking skeleton or a lump of clay or something.

Absolutely wretched visuals and gameplay.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#238  Edited By clumsyninja1

Catherine

Avatar image for thechronodarkness
thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of these games aren't even bad. Just didn't quite like them.

I bought a few absolutely atrocious games. Mobile suit gundam- crossfire. Because everyone online was saying, this game isn't so bad. I popped it in. And ohhhh boy. How big a piece of shit it was.

But it didn't hold a candle to this. I read ign reviews alot at the time. Nobody had reviewed it... But Tenchu Shadow Assassins on the Wii. Ign gave it like an 8 or 8.5. Every other site gave it like a 4 or 5. And talk about absolute shit. The game is BROKEN! At least duke nukem forever worked.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Klei

That game for the original Xbox that looked just like Fable but turned out to be a total piece of shit. What was it again... goddammned memory.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By GoofyGoober

Recently, no more heroes paradise, can't get into it to save my life.

snowpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By snowpin

Skyrim.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By cheesebob

Celebrity Deathmatch: The Game

D_train_lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By D_train_lives

@Ezakael: not surprised

gunstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By gunstar

I want to say ORION: Dino Beatdown.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By AgnosticJesus

The game I always regret buying is Shadowrun, hated it with a passion. I always regretted buying Death Spank as well.