Worst games you've played this gen?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#101  Edited By ArbitraryWater

If Mass Effect 3 and L.A. Noire are the worst games you people have played in the last 8 years then you've gotten off easy.

As for me... hmmm. I've played those XBLA deadliest warrior games at a friend's house, and those are really awful in a sort-of-goofy way. If you want something I actually paid money for, I thought Divinity II was an overwhelmingly mediocre RPG in every aspect of its execution. Yeah, I'll go with that one.

EricSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By EricSmith

Frontlines: Fuels of War. I played about 15 minutes of that game a couple months back after picking it up for $2. It was TERRIBLE! It was before the great control standardization, the AI was shit, it looked like a bad PS2 game...I could go on, but you get the point.

Some of the games people are saying are the worst they've played probably have only played 30-40 games this generation. Either that or they are liars.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By zeforgotten

Duke Nukem Forever, without a doubt.

cashbasket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fable III for me. What a half-assed excuse for a game.

ReapersPuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Dead rising 2 sucked well..to me, I fucking hate the saves in that game it ruined the experience for me.

took me awhile to actually think of a shitty one though lol

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By BurBan_Snake

I thought i was going to be unique in saying Assassin's Creed 3.. clearly a lot of people feel that way though.

I didn't think it was a "bad game"

I think it was absolutely UNPLAYABLE on my Ps3. Frequently felt like a single digit frame rate to me, it was absolutely absurd to think they launched such a broken product. I tried to go back to it several times, and the big twist was fine, but a game that was simply that broken absolutely ruined me not only on that game, but on current gen consoles in general.

EDIT: Fable 3 was also horse shit

nosebleed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duke Nukem Forever? Really? Crude humor aside the gameplay is at least adequate and certainly not deserving of worst game. I think this game got shit on too much critically and I'd attribute that to hype. I'm not sure what people expected and if you go back to the original game I think we got exactly what a Duke Nukem game should be sans the car stuff (not my favorite part of the game.) I'd be curious if anyone wants to elaborate maybe my nostalgia clouds my vision.

My vote goes to Damnation. Just awful.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jz said:

I've played every game mentioned here and Dishonored or gta 4 are the games I liked the least.

Do you mean they were actually the worst games you have played this gen, or just that they fell below the expectations you had? For anyone to say either of those two games are the worst this gen just blows my mind.

Caustic_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boring fetch-quest games:

• Borderlands
  • RAGE

Bad or half-assed games altogether:

• Need For Speed: The Run
  • Gran Turismo 5
  • Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By TheCreamFilling
leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By leebmx

@fourwude said:

People saying disgusting things about Enslaved, L.A. Noire, Eternal Sonata need to GTFO with their wrong opinions.

It think some people are mixing up 'worst' with most disappointing. I think a lot of people bought L.A. Noire expecting the second coming of Christ going by some of the reviews and the hype and weren't prepared for what they got, and subsequently felt burnt. I don't think the Rockstar marketing helped either. Its certainly a divisive game. Its going to be interesting to see whether all the predictions of wonderful experiences to come using all that tech actually happen, or whether it just ends up as an expensive oddity.My prediction is the latter.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@gvalo said:

Vampire Rain - A stealth game with vampires. It could have been great with an idea like that but the bad graphics/sound and some bad gameplay ruined it for me.

My vote.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brutal Legend and Nier. And I forgot Frogger on PSN even existed until it got mentioned in this thread. You can get all the trophies in that in under 20 minutes, which is about as long as I played that game.

I swear, there's always that one guy that calls out Nier. What do you have against greatness, sir?

ThomasG666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clive Barker's Jericho. So awful.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebgav said:

I haven't played Cross Edge or Agarest but I can confirm that the first Neptunia is the worst Neptunia. They went for a more traditional Jrpg battle system for the next two games. I would say that they are improving as a dev though I am waiting on a copy of Mugen Souls before I fully commit to that statement.

Amazon had Mugen Souls on sale for $20 a week or two ago, and I was <holding finger and thumb next to one another> this close to buying it, but thought the better of it. Until they get a few highly regarded games under their belt, I think I've learned my lesson.

I managed to order it for $9 today, after some discounts/credit. Maybe it will be good! Maybe. Maybe the sequel will be good! That's it. Maybe the sequel will get localized and be good. I really want another HyperNep game, I'm just looking at Mugen Souls to take the edge off.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By The_Ruiner

Alpha Protocol:...game was so dull and sloppy it just made me mad.

The First Templar:...just yuck...

Mass Effect 3: Not the worst game by any stretch, but certainly the biggest disappointment... And I'm not talking about the ending. I'm talking about everything else.

Fable III: Managed to be no fun at all...

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

@tourgen said:

wow people are saying Mass Effect 3, LA Noir, Demon's Souls?! What is wrong with you people. These are no where near the worst games of the generation. If these are the worst you have played then count yourself very lucky indeed.

My pick is Operation Darkness. Go check it out if you want to see the absolutely worst, most embarrassing line of sight calculations in the gaming industry. For god's sake the game is turn-based. And the landmines. Brilliant stuff. It's not the worst of the generation, but it's the worst game I've played in years.

Yeah I'm pretty surprised at those games being mentioned in this thread.

I actually remember playing the demo for Operation Darkness, though, and thinking that even though it wasn't the best game ever (it's certainly no Valkyria Chronicles by a long shot even though it actually predates it), it wasn't really too terrible.

The demo was just one or two missions, though, so maybe I was just lucky enough to not play more and realize some of the aspects that might've made it the worst ever.

I was disappointed because it had so much potential. The characters were alright and how the story and player powers develop were kind of cool.

But wow, the game is just busted. Impossible to detect landmines that instant kill and force a restart of a mission - that you may have invested 50mins into already. The line of sight issues were the worst though. I haven't seen it done this poorly ever. Moving and taking cover was just a complete craps shoot. It broke most of the tactics because you never knew what was going to happen.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Operation Darkness was awful. Easily one of the worst strategy RPGs I've played. Dreadful camera angles (in a turn-based strategy game!), the inability to clearly tell if you're in range to attack, and general sluggishness of combat are all big negatives against that game.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#119  Edited By BaneFireLord

The Force Unleashed is hot steaming dogshit. While there is clearly too much craftsmanship on display to characterize Dark Souls in the same way, fuck that game too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silent Hill Downpour

Silent Hill Homecoming

Damnation

Alone in the Dark

Prototype (Not a troll I really fuckin`hated that game)

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jz said:

I've played every game mentioned here and Dishonored or gta 4 are the games I liked the least.

You like Dishonored less than you like Vampire Rain? That might be the craziest thing I've ever heard, what kind of games are you into?

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty careful about what I buy and I am still kind of angry how shitty AC3 was even though it was a gift. I also hated ME3. I played the first 2 ME games twice and barely made it a few hours into 3.

I didn't buy Alone In the Dark either, but I played someone else's copy and it was really disappointing.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...reading everyone's posts, I can't really think of a really bad game that I've played. Haven't played some games that people have said, others I thought were fine. Don't really see how GTA 4 or ME3 could be considered "worst" unless they only played like, two games, but to each their own I suppose.

AI War: Fleet Command is pretty bad too.

You are a bad person and you should feel bad.

Far Cry 2 was...taxing? The never ending enemies kind of just took it out of me, as well as the Malaria stuff. Never got too far on 360, but I did grab it (in a pack with another game) on Steam for about $5 and managed to get further into it, but still didn't really like it much. Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon, however, were amazing.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

warp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By warp

Mirrors Edge. It had all the potential to iterate on the Prince of Persia freerunning formula and create a truly unique experience. But while the mechanics of the game were sound the actual campaign was frustrating and constantly doing things that didnt take advantage of its potential. On top of that the game was far too short so it never felt like a truly satisfying experience. That being said I am really excited for Mirrors Edge 2 especially if its open world so I can just run around and do crazy stunts. The less generic freedom fighter hacker story the better.

Assassins Creed 3 was pretty bad too. Lets place a game designed for verticality into a setting that has none of that. And lets also make our main character a total blank of a character. It was just so boring which is inexplicable cause I was with that series right up until Brotherhood.

LA Noire was just a victim of expectations for me. It was an open world game that had absolutely nothing to do in it save for the same tedious fetch quests. Plus I HATED how little agency you had over Cole and how detached I felt from the story which left only the same missions being played over and over again. It felt like a proof of concept that couldve gone to some incredibly cool places if they had been allowed to put out a sequel or given more time to work on it. I really wish Rockstar couldve just taken the tech from Team Bondi and then let the GTA/RDR writers take a crack at creating content for the game instead of just releasing it as is.

I know this is about worst games of the generation. Not to sound arrogant but since I dont preorder games and try to be informed about what I do pick up I tend to avoid stuff that ends up being total crap (Aliens:CM was a close call cause I almost preordered that). So I usually miss the shit shows but still end up hating games I thought I would actually enjoy.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#126  Edited By MocBucket62
  • Call of Duty 3 for the Wii: Yep, even if COD 3 is considered one of the lesser COD titles overall, this one was obnoxiously bad. Launch Wii first person shooters are the worst!
  • Game of Thrones: I'll admit, I did not play enough of this, but what I did play was pretty lousy. One of the jankiest RPGs I've ever played.
  • Soul Calibur 4: Not necessarily a "bad" game, but based on what I've played of it, it felt pretty half-assed. Probably the worst fighting game I've played this generation.
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#127  Edited By GunstarRed

Yaris, Resident Evil 6, Onechanbara something on the 360.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

BRINK

Petturi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Crash of the Titans

Men In Black: Alien Crisis

Truth or Lies

Infernal: Hell's Vengeance

Shellshock 2: Blood Trails

Brave: A Warrior's Tale

Yaris

Jumper: Griffin's Story

Superman Returns

Silent Hill: Homecoming

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Walking Dead......

Survival Instinct.

Lazlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fucking "F3AR" destroyed that series for me. Just such a god damn dumb piece of crap. I love the first two games!

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By emprpngn

Sonic Generations... I really, really wanted to like that game. Every other zone had at least one ridiculously infuriating section, and I finally gave up 3/4 of the way through the game.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@ben1h4na said:

@mooseymcman: I bought Dark Sector for like three dollars at Gamestop, I thought it was half way decent for a bargain bin game.

If people are calling out Dragon Age II and Fable III as the "worst games" they played this generation, I think it's fair for me to say Dark Sector when it is, quite honestly, the second worst game I played this generation.

I played all three of these games did not finish a single one and if went back and tried to beat one of them it would be Dark sector The Fable series got 3 games to take the first 10 hours of fable 1 and expand on it and they remade the same game 2 times and made it smaller and shittier, DA2 was an abomination it is a very bad game scoff at me I LOVED DA1, 2 was piss. Dark Sector is a meh TPS with a weapon from the film Krull and the Krull thing already makes it win.

SpartyOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played this really fucked up game called Deadly Premonition...

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By WickedFather

Far Cry 2, Castlevania: Loads of Shitdow, F.E.A.R, Condemned, Lost Planet and worst of all The Darkness.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently played Fable 3 because it was free on Xbox Live, and holy shit is that game bad. It's boring, looks like as, has a terrible frame rate, and just fucking sucks. Also, Dark Sector was pretty bad too.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#137  Edited By Mezmero

Final Fantasy XIII and Assassin's Creed 3 bored me to tears to the point that I didn't want to finish either. There's also that Kingdom Under Fire game that was pretty awful. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was probably the worst game I finished this generation. Between that and Dante's Inferno it's been a sad decade for God Of War derivatives. I might call the first Prototype and Lost Planet disappointing but I actually really enjoyed a lot about those games.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading this I realize I've done a pretty good job avoiding bad games. I didn't like GoW3 thought... Character action or whatever you want to call it just isn't my thing and I mostly just wanted to kill Kratos. Also Max Payne 3 was boring as hell and about 6 hours too long. That game needs a suicide button too for when Max's self hating bullshit gets too annoying.

I know in my brain that neither of those are actually bad games, I just didn't like to play them. At all.

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By sdharrison

It is impressive that most of the games listed here were just disappointing, rather than being outright broken. Most games now are at least playable, even if they miss their mark.

For games that I actually played and genuinely hated....

Hitman Absolution and Fable 3 are locked in a struggle to reach the bottom of the barrel. L.A. Noire went off the rails bad, but at least it tried some new things and nailed a few nice moments. Hitman fumbled things so badly I couldn't even comprehend it. Fable 3 was a gutted Fable 2 running on an unstable engine designed to be a cash grab before Peter split.

So... Fable 3.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. What a shitty game.

I'd go with Donkey Kong Country Returns. I think it was all right at least, but in addition to having the roll mapped to shaking the controller being a bad idea, the game just didn't have the same feel as the old Donkey Kong Country games. I'll probably replay it at some point in the near future just to see if I can figure out any specific reasons.

I agree with this feeling. I got DKCR3D as my free game in the recent Nintendo of Europe's promotion. Boy. Don't I regret making that decision. I should have gone with Animal Crossing, which I'm enjoying a lot more.

Antikythera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of these choices drive me insane. Like I can understand people not liking LA Noire but to call it bad holy moly.

It's hard to pick mostly because I don't really buy bad games. I like to think this community is smarter then to go out and buy Vampire Rain. So I guess I'd have to pick a full priced game that I played for a total of 45 mins which was BRINK worst part is I bought it on Steam so I couldn't go trade that bitch in.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By LikeaSsur
@flappy said:

@mosespippy said:

Brutal Legend and Nier. And I forgot Frogger on PSN even existed until it got mentioned in this thread. You can get all the trophies in that in under 20 minutes, which is about as long as I played that game.

I swear, there's always that one guy that calls out Nier. What do you have against greatness, sir?

Nier may have one of the best stories this generation, but its gameplay is pretty subpar and it's a very slow burn. I could see why someone would hate it.

Anyway, My vote has to go to Call of Duty: Black Ops. It played well, just like a Call of Duty should, but man, everything about it was forgettable. The character, the story, the settings, the perks, weapons, and zombie mode was boring. Just...ugh.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By mrpandaman

Assassin's Creed 1 & 2

Gears of War 2

Not the worst, but these are probably the most boring games I ever played.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A little L.A. Noire dialog:

Phelps: "ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION YOU OLD BAG OR I'LL CUT YOU!"

Woman: *cries*

Phelps: "Alright, great! Thanks for your time, Ma'm"

Hawkerace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#148  Edited By Hawkerace

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

Legendary

Shell Shock 2

History Channel Pacific war or whatever

Crackdown (played it this year... didn't find it aged really well)

Bad Rats

Homefront

Alpha Prime

Dead Horde

Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood

Pound of Ground

Ghost Master

Death Race: Resurrection

Lord of the rings RTS for xbox.

Call of Duty 3

Call of Duty World at War

Blazing Angels

The Outfit

Perfect Dark Zero

Starcraft II (Was a broodwar fan)

Borderlands

Full Auto

Stuntman 2

Hour of Victory

Burnout Paradise (wasn't what I was looking for)

Too Human (remember when it was going to be a trilogy?)

Fable II

Farcry 2

-----

Most of them are 360 games but I eventually stepped up to play games pretty much PC only, didn't stop me from buying really bad games for a few dollars on steam occasionally, god damn't.

Also a lot of these games people have mentioned are on my backlog, I am now worried. Got to play them eventually though! Two Worlds II I'm looking at you.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Overall, I'd say this gen had much fewer disappointments than the previous. But:

Enslaved, SIlent Hill Downpour, Halo 3, Deadly Premonition, Braid, Bastion.

Sorry if my opinion is shitty :/

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By devilzrule27

Lair and Fairytale Fights.