• 76 results
eternitymemory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

a little bit of this

As much as we want to pick on specific fanbases, I think its safe to say that every fanbase has their share of wild, die hard fans that give them a bad look.

If you're just talking about fanbases though, who really cares. If someone's an avid fan of something and they get great enjoyment out of that particular thing without harming themselves or anyone else, who really cares how obsessive they are about it.

and a little bit of ^ that, really.

but yeah no it's totally the sonic fandom.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

JRPG fans, I just don't understand them getting hyped over every CGI FF trailers they see. They start believing every new FF game is going to be the greatest game ever based on a cut scene.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't know about the worst fanbase, but I can definitely tell you one of the creepiest fanbases I've ever seen. Elder Scrolls modders. Jumping jesus the shit I see them make that are hugely popular.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I thought the Diablo guys were kind of annoying last year. "This game I've beaten repeatedly sucks."

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I don't see how the Kingdom Hearts fanbase would annoy you unless you go seeking them out. I guess I just stay sheltered in this corner of the internet too much, but I don't come across any obnoxious Kingdom Hearts fan-ism. It probably does exist, somewhere, but it seems easy enough to avoid.

@ransnack

I can't even talk about how maybe Kingdom Hearts should try and return to it's roots a bit more without the forced overly "animeh" aspects to it without getting some weirdos angry.

So... when was the last time you played Kingdom Hearts 1? I'd say it does a whole lot to remind a person of anime, as much as any JRPG anyway.

As for me, I'm not really annoyed by any single fanbase. There is obviously a certain type of blind fanboy that I dislike, but I'm not going to judge an entire fanbase on that one type.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By Jensonb

Y'all are crazy. It's Metal Gear. That fanbase is a train wreck, whose fan dumb bullshit constantly harassing Hideo Kojima into personally making more Metal Gear rather than letting him hand the series off to a next generation has caused him to, in turn, deliberately run that series into the ground and systematically remove, dilute or break almost everything that made it unique except for the things everyone hated (The cutscenes, mostly).

I mean my god, getting him to stick around for MGS3 somehow worked out, and MPO was worth playing but pretty much everything else he's done with that franchise since is him clearly deliberately trolling them, and they're so trapped in their dysfunctional relationship they take every blow with a hearty "thank you sir, may I have another?"

It's basically ruined the franchise for me, because I liked those games for the gameplay, and that's the stuff he's ruined, all the while making the plot (which was already distractingly absurd in MGS2) utterly incomprehensible and pretentious in the stupidest possible way. MGS1 may have had some nutty shit in it, but it at least made sense. It was largely internally consistent and it had a 90s Hollywood blockbuster tone throughout. Every game set after the end of MPO he's made since finishing MGS3 (which is probably the best game Kojima has ever made, to be fair) has been progressively less about making a fun, new Metal Gear game and more about Kojima dicking around for the sake of it. And it's all the fandom's fault.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video Games

Judging by the huge variety of responses so far, this is winning.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#60  Edited By StarvingGamer

@ransnack said:

I was a huge fan of the original game.

I can't even talk about how maybe Kingdom Hearts should try and return to it's roots a bit more without the forced overly "animeh" aspects to it without getting some weirdos angry.

This is already a stupid thread, but what? The original Kingdom Hearts is as "animeh" as a game can get without being based directly on an Anime.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It doesn't really matter what they're a fan of, they're called fans for a reason. Fanatics.

I think you mean community, though. Group of people attracted by particular franchises.

I want to say MOBAs, in that case, as it's the only genre of game I find completely impenetrable. I dont understand how the game works or what "playing it properly" is, and the people who play them are not particularly welcoming or willing to accept you are new and will learn in time as you play. This is not uncommon to multiplayer games, but I suspect it is more serious with MOBAs due to their nature (they seem to be fairly quick strategy matches that can turn on a dime) and I have never been able to get into them for only this reason. I mean I played CS for years, I played a little Black Ops for about a year, and many other online games (MMOs being the most friendly and I've built several communities in MMOs).

I don't like really generalizing, though. I mean there are fanatics and mean people everywhere. Just as an outside observation MOBAs community seem to be the scariest to me.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's all pretty bad. Metal Gear Solid stands out to me as the worst though, I've never seen a fanbase who hates their favourite game so much.

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Final Fantasy communities can be terrible. They tend to hate criticism, and don't bother engaging in discourse involving anything you say. To them, you're wrong because you hate all things Final Fantasy...despite the fact that you may be criticising the shitty new games, loving the previous ones. Then again I have an issue with general Square Enix fans. They don't tend to acknowledge the faults of the company, and hate the fact that you point out potential flaws in future titles.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By kaos_cracker

Sooooo, I really like the first two Kingdom Hearts games and I'm glad they are making a third. Guess I'm freaking insane.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super snobby Indie game hipsters are pretty annoying.

They'll shit on you personally for liking a popular game. The jerks!

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@ransnack said:

yaoi loving hambeasts

No Caption Provided

Tell me how this picture makes you feel.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

The part of a console fanbase that is happy when games are exclusives because it means the other "losers" can't play it.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ransnack said:

I was a huge fan of the original game.

This is already a stupid thread, but what? The original Kingdom Hearts is as "animeh" as a game can get without being based directly on an Anime.

read the rest of that guy's comment. I don't think you want to show him logic or tact lease he explode. Also we are all member of a gaming community and we want to .....what? find some type of "freak" group of passionate people to do what exactly? make them eat shit for liking a game? Man the internet is ruining this world(or more so).

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nintendo. They're just so damn smug every time something goes right, and lash out at reviewers every time a beloved franchise gets an entry with a moderate score. Remember 8.8?

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you can take a pretty horrendous vertical slice of the fanbase for any series really, and you could apply them across the audience for games as a whole if you wanted to. We've all probably been subjected to a few stereotypes ourselves by now.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Half-Life fans. That game isn't the best thing ever, no game is.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sonic. So creepy.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To try and be objective about this whole thing, Rapelay is probably the real answer.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

All those nostalgia-blind people who think gaming topped out with the Nintendo 64 and make those insufferable "NINTENDO IS SO AMAZING EVERYTHING ELSE IS AWFUL" posts on meme sites really make me furious for some reason. Dunno if that's exactly a fanbase, per se, but something about the hypocrisy of those people having internet orgasms over the announcement of new Mario platformers while simultaneously complaining that games like Halo or COD or whatnot are the worst games ever made and are being milked to death that just makes me want to punch small animals.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The answer is Sonic.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Any fans that only play one genre of game, or one specific game. I can't understand why people limit themselves like that.

Ransnack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Ransnack

@thunderslash said:

Video Games

Nailed it.

@ransnack:

Why are you so angry about people who are into anime?

I'm also into anime, but there is a distinction at least in my opinion between anime and ANIMEH, the first one being stuff like JoJo, Cowboy Bebop, Lupin etc and the later being stuff like K-on and Oreimo.

And it's true the original Kingdom Hearts also had anime/japanese aspects to it, but it meshed so well with disney in my opinion and didn't feel forced, KH2 kinda forced the anime aspect too much making it even more convoluted instead of just mildly abstract.