Worth getting a PSPgo?

sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sionweeks

After seeing Sony's new deal on the PSPgo, where you get the console and 10 free games for £189.99 - £199.99, I really I can't afford to NOT get one. I'm going to buy a 3DS as soon as it comes out and I'm afraid of a new PSP coming out around the time the 3DS hits.

So is it worth it?

List of the selected free downloadable PSP games here  http://tinyurl.com/3yf8ca3

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Crash_Happy

Well, I like my Go. But it's a very personal choice. Despite what some pundits might be saying, I find it hard to believe that Sony would be releasing a PSP2 any time soon. If they were then they would have been demo'ing it at E3 surely.

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Since I am assuming you live in Europe I don't see any reason not to get one. Get a white one though because they don't attract as many fingerprints.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Vorbis

I like mine, espeically the ability to play MGS: Peace Walker with a wireless dualshock controller.

Bit annoyed I can't get those free 10 games since I've had my PSPGO too long, but used it enough to make up for it.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus

I would buy one, but Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX isn't available for download, nor are several older PSP games I haven't gotten to play yet, so I am not going to buy one, even though I LOVE the concept and design.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By luce

You can still Go on a PSP 3000

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By MysteriousBob
@TooWalrus said:
" I would buy one, but Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX isn't available for download,  "
Funny, its on the UK store. 

I would say skip it. If you plan on using it quite a lot then you'll probably save more by using used UMD games. Because the system is kind of unpopular you can get some quality titles for very little. That is if you don't mind carrying the game around.
FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By FacelessVixen

The niche works for me. My old and busted 1000 is old and busted. Cracked outer casing, broken WLAN switch, and the battery only lasts for two hours. I only have 8 UMD games that I've played to death and small sized memory sticks of which I'd mainly fill up with music.

The Go fits with how I use the platform.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#9  Edited By Jazz

I'm tempted as well, but I still have a fully functioning psp1000. 
If you don't have any previous UMD games..then perhaps its a good idea. 
As to the games, personally you'd have to pay me to play what they are giving away..but Peace Walker is well worth buying a psp for.

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Mrskidders

Depends on your hands.  From my personal experience, it hurts my hands when I play for too long as I have big hands.  The analog stick is just a bit strangely positioned for my liking.  There are some great games on it though, I just got mine for Crisis Core but there are plenty more great games to play.

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By immike

I think the PSP Go is a good buy if you can get the 10 free games deal. Like you said, you'd be missing out if you didn't go ahead and buy it. Living here in the U.S., I am going to wait and see what happens to the PSP Go in the coming years.