#101 Posted by DSale (140 posts) -

I loved the Anamanaguchi song! Thanks for including it, been listening to it all week!

#102 Posted by mnzy (2973 posts) -

@KaneRobot said:

@algertman said:

Polygon is everything that is wrong with the gaming press.

You spelled Kotaku wrong.

Well, Polygon definitely has some Kotaku-like stories, but atleast they also have the big quality pieces.

Sadly, Gorogoa didn't do much for me. Too much hunting for the click and unclear mechanics. Pretty much the opposite of what I like in games.

#103 Posted by trelution (92 posts) -

working beard door is now my life goal

#104 Posted by granderojo (1897 posts) -

That's a really good let's play. Playing a game like Dark Souls with vent buddies is the best. It's like dorm gaming without the nasty logistics.

#105 Posted by SlashDance (1864 posts) -

@rentfn said:

@SlashDance: How far did you get in the game?? Does it tell you when the demo is over?? Or am I just stuck??

Yeah, you get a "to be continued".

#106 Posted by MormonWarrior (2825 posts) -

What's with the Dark Souls video? Yeah okay they're playing through New Londo Ruins. Big whoop.

Also, Charles Barkley is like a sports anchor dude with TNT and that's seriously the only sports-related thing I actually enjoy watching because he and the other dudes just get up to random shenanigans all the time. Almost the TV Giant Bomb of sports.

#107 Posted by redfoxbennaton (25 posts) -

I don't know what this is but I like it.

#108 Posted by MiniPato (2808 posts) -

@Alex_Carrillo said:

That Anamanguchi shit. What a loathsome, unremarkable assault to my ears.

Chiptunes, man.

Yeah, the only songs I like from Anamanaguchi is Blackout City and this remixed version of Airbrushed that I heard from the LBP Karting quick look. I like the remixed version because they don't overdo on the chiptune stuff.

Loading Video...

Chiptunes are a genre of music that can too easily turn into just bad static and noise. I rarely find songs that are listenable that don't give me a headache.

#109 Edited by Butano (1864 posts) -
#110 Posted by MormonWarrior (2825 posts) -
Loading Video...

@ahaisthisourchance: Wow...for some reason that song was giving me flashbacks to this song.

#111 Posted by FoolInjection (240 posts) -

@Butano: I wonder if the Mike Jones working for them on that project is the same Mike Jones who used to make some really spectacular courses for the golf game Links 2003.

http://www.3dgolfdesign.com/creative.html

The style seems kinda similar.

#112 Posted by huser (1187 posts) -

A good game is a good game, but I for one really LIKE the Planescape setting and haven't seen it used for more than a decade.

#113 Posted by Butano (1864 posts) -

@FoolInjection: It is, actually. He's the creative director for the game and he talks about the tools in their Kickstarter video, as well as his previous expierence with Links

#114 Posted by marbleCmoney (544 posts) -

Thanks, Patrick.

#115 Posted by tamriilin (122 posts) -

Hey a good friend of mine did animation work for that Anamanaguchi video! :D His website: argylebox.com

#116 Edited by mdnthrvst (283 posts) -

@Cross: So grammar considerations are unimportant in a fictional enterprise, presumably just because it's never been done before?

Interesting. I, for one, like my novels to be well-written, and I hope she hires an editor if this pans out.

#117 Posted by bowlcut (29 posts) -

Sometimes the Space Jam Soundtrack comes up, and I dont even change it... Just sayin

#118 Posted by Ben_H (3647 posts) -
@MiniPato said:
Loading Video...

Because the comments section here is now a collation of Slam remixes.

I've listened to that one so many times. It is easily among the best. I have no idea what it is from but it is still amazing.
#119 Posted by development (2948 posts) -

Glad it's actually a sequel to "Torment" and not "Planescape." Planescape's still the best story-driven experience I've had to this day.

#120 Posted by endoworks (332 posts) -

Your description of Barkley shut up and jam was the highlight of this weeks bombcast.

#121 Posted by Obscurasoft (2 posts) -

Hi--I'm the creator of the gay dating sim, "Coming Out On Top". One of my Kickstarter backers alerted me to this post. Thanks for the interest, guys! I never expected a shout out from any of the big gaming sites, so getting a mention on giantbomb is a huge deal for me!

Just a note--to the person concerned about my grammar in my Kickstarter promo page, you're right--that sentence could have been worded differently. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I was overly eager to get my Kickstarter page up and running after working on the demo for several bleary-eyed, sleepless months! I just want to say, people are pretty thrilled with the content in the actual demo though (it's fairly long, for a demo, btw)--and most of them are surprised at how much they adore the story, writing, and the characters. Thanks for your feedback!

#122 Posted by Krathoon (268 posts) -

Anamanaguchi apparently live in another dimension.

#123 Posted by DeadSpace (64 posts) -

"In fact, that has to be a factor, but with our game of the year discussions, it always a necessary part of the job."

There's a word missing in that last clause.

#124 Posted by kerse (2195 posts) -

I love watching weird character builds lps of Dark Souls.

#125 Posted by TheMasterWhooves (18 posts) -

Pretty fantastic read, man. :D

#126 Posted by Nonethewiser (143 posts) -

http://www.reddit.com/r/comeonandslam

An active subreddit entirely devoted to space jam remixes.

#127 Posted by mrtaste (24 posts) -

so many videos!

#128 Edited by cotain (31 posts) -

Patrick Klepek, Mentioning Vince Carter with those other names is a stretch... his first season was, the lockout shortened one, in 1999. So, Carter was way more of a name in the 2000's.

Reggie Miller, Malone, Shaq, D. Robinson, Rodman, Drexler? Pretty much any name from The Dream Team could be inserted. Except that idiot John Stockton.

#129 Posted by EdgeKasey (210 posts) -

Now i wanna play Dark Souls again :s that whip was doing more damage than i thought it'd do.....

#130 Posted by Hashbrowns (680 posts) -

It's probably been mentioned, but seeing a zentraedi battlepod from Robotech in that Half-life demo was really weird.

#131 Posted by chilipeppersman (1265 posts) -

@Shaanyboi: funny vid, and great read patrick! thx dude, loved the beard video, that was awesome :D

#132 Posted by dancinginfernal (496 posts) -

Oh my god, Geop's Lets Play got a cameo!

Fuck yeah!

#133 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3981 posts) -

Damn, Tim Rogers is such a weird guy. He really likes Spartan Total Warrior a lot huh. But then again there are also people who love Donkey Kong 64. Though Steambot Chronicles and Jak II are pretty fucking awesome, I'll give him that.

#134 Posted by sulc84 (15 posts) -

lot of videos :))

#135 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (4116 posts) -

That subtitle sounds like Zero Cool. lol  "Mess with the best, die like the rest."