• 57 results
Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By Nadafinga

Some great ideas in this thread. I only have 2 video game sites bookmarked; Giant Bomb and Joystiq. While sites & blogs like Joystiq have their place, it seems unanimous that nobody wants GB to turn into a new-post-every-3-minutes blog. But a weekly or bi-weekly wrap-up in the sidebar on the front page would be totally awesome, Patrick.

Make it so!

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By MisterMouse

There are some great reads out there, and a lot of them go missed, and I don't have a lot of time to dig it up, so that would be awesome if it could posted somewhere on what are some good reads.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By mrfluke
@msavo said:

@MisterSamMan said:

I honestly don't mind seeing a weekly wrap-up of the top stories on the front page of GiantBomb. I SUPPORT!

Word.

this
neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By neurotic

I like this idea. I wouldn't otherwise find articles like those you linked to so I think I'd appreciate some sort of semi-regular feature linking to stuff you guys have found interesting.

I agree with the main arguments of both those articles although what Michael Abbott meant when he said 'easy' was perhaps a little unclear at times. I do think that games these days require a certain skill set that can be hard for newcomers. This is true across genres. For example, I'm fairly confident that I could pick up most any RPG and be at least competent from the get-go, however, I could certainly not say the same for FPSs and RTSs. This is somewhat off-putting since, whilst I have other reasons for not buying a CoD game, I'm not willing to invest the amount of time it would take for me to not suck. Gaming terminology, from any genre, can also be a little dense and difficult to grasp.

As for the second article, I think that nowadays people are very quick to completely dismiss a story that isn't exactly what they're looking for, or has one element that they don't like. I don't think that I can come up with any one narrative, from a video game or otherwise, that is devoid of at least one thing that I consider a flaw. Still, I recognise that the issue with stories is that they are supposed to resonate with you at an emotional level and if they just don't, then it is difficult to explain exactly why. People shouldn't talk in absolutes about anything but especially not any form of entertainment or media, is basically what I'm trying to say.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Levius

As someone who doesn't have time to keep up with blogs and multiple news sites a round up would be super useful to me, and I hope this keeps going. I would love to see a few of Patricks comments on the blogs as a conversation starter, but I can understand if there isn't enough time.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By PixelPrinny

Great idea regardless of how often you decide to do it. Looking forward to the next one!

theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By theodacourt

Sounds like a great plan! I really enjoy reading "The Sunday Papers" over at Rock, Paper, Shotgun and something similar here would be awesome.

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By Rekt_Hed

Yeh having a blog for this stuff is fine. I wouldn't want to see any of these pieces on the front page tbh...except 'easy does it harder'