• 76 results
#51 Edited by happymeowmeow (201 posts) -

@mrfluke A Japanese comedian, Shinya Arino, attempts to finish various video games or fulfill different challenges related to that game. There are also segments where he visits old arcades, talks about classic video game consoles, and other vg comedy bits they've tried over the years. The first show aired in 2003 and he's still at it!

Almost forgot, there's even a DS game based on the show, Retro Game Challenge.

Quite good, unfortunately the sequel never got localized.

#52 Posted by cannedstingray (387 posts) -

http://type.method.ac/#!/3/238/308/376/cannedstingray

nailed it!

#53 Edited by AURON570 (1672 posts) -

NO, dumping audio interviews does not sound good at all, I would much rather have articles. It is MUCH easier to scan articles for the gist if I'm pressed for time, while I can't really do anything similar with audio files. Jumping around in an audio file just makes things disconnected and there's a high potential to miss details.

#54 Posted by Dixavd (1305 posts) -

I clicked on the link criticising Cliffy B's argument over micro transactions as I knew there were points he didn't bring back and I like reading discussion on this type of topic. But man whoever wrote that piece for Wired was an asshole. What a childish response. Why did you even link to it? I was actually interested in opinions on why the cost of games should be lower (there are quite a few interesting angles to take on it - especially with free-to-play games) but that didn't even mention any of them. Disappointed.

#55 Posted by Larsa (127 posts) -

Game Center CX is the best. Abunai y'all.

#56 Edited by mrfluke (5103 posts) -

@happymeowmeow: oh yea? retro grade challenge was based on that show? huh, is there a english dub of the show? (yes im one of those people :P)

#57 Posted by Hassun (993 posts) -

Wave does not seem that hard.

First tries:

http://i.imgur.com/VG5AYWs.png

http://i.imgur.com/f7DfbfT.png

#58 Edited by Brendan (7696 posts) -

<p>Yeah, I don't want to sound like I should be the arbiter for quality or anything, but that Wired article was unintelligent. I don't understand what Patrick saw in it.</p>

#59 Posted by sbarre (19 posts) -

Thanks for the recommendation for the Brain Gamer podcasts!

#60 Edited by Fallen189 (4944 posts) -

Even for you that Iron Man quote is a pull

#61 Edited by happymeowmeow (201 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

@happymeowmeow: oh yea? retro grade challenge was based on that show? huh, is there a english dub of the show? (yes im one of those people :P)

Kotaku had some episodes dubbed in english(game sessions only) and had them on their site, the videos are pulled from their site now, but possibly a google search could dig em up. I noticed that there is also a dvd with their english dubs for sale.

#62 Posted by DSale (134 posts) -

@joshs: THIS is really cool.

#63 Posted by JoshS (409 posts) -

@dsale: Thanks :) It isn't quite done, but it's getting there.

#64 Edited by OGred (196 posts) -

@joshs: looks neat! how long did that take?

#66 Edited by RWBladewing (117 posts) -

Clicking that Gamecenter CX video is going to end up costing me countless hours of my life. No idea how I hadn't heard of this until now.

#67 Edited by JoshS (409 posts) -

@ogred: A couple hours. I am now working on shading it, and that's taken another hour or so. Very fun!

#68 Edited by ajamafalous (11871 posts) -

Hey, I live in Austin!

#69 Posted by Corvak (923 posts) -

Hello there, Game Center CX.

#71 Edited by MocBucket62 (1160 posts) -

@patrickklepek Sorry for the past post Patrick, I linked the wrong URL by accident.

Here is the actual article I'm suggesting for the next worth reading. In all seriousness, it's a very touching article about one fan's visit to the Creative Assembly to test the new TW game and how this fan will be remembered by the developers after some unfortunate news.

#72 Edited by probablytuna (3550 posts) -

Oh crap I remember the Kern Type game, I played it once for a Typography unit I took last year.

#73 Posted by ManlyScream (27 posts) -

Really looking forward to the Brainy Gamer Podcasts.

#74 Posted by Pachtar_Klepek (89 posts) -

Amazing as usual!

#75 Posted by insouciant (710 posts) -

Next time I see "Worth Reading (Article)," I'll know it's not worth reading.

#76 Edited by Mamba219 (154 posts) -

Why is there a section talking specifically about women in games? Where's the section about men?

#77 Edited by Zevvion (1830 posts) -

I like what Kojima tries to do but he doesn't pull it off. He explains he wants to mislead people because otherwise, they get exactly what they expect, which is no fun.

But everyone expected The Phantom Pain was MGS5. He didn't do a good job covering it up. There was almost no confusion on the matter.

#78 Posted by MelissaPeterson (23 posts) -

I'm glad your including videos/articles about women in gaming Patrick, because it needs to be talked about so it can be fixed.