• 66 results
#51 Posted by Michael_BoltonIII (10 posts) -

I'm actually one of the prominent players in EVE Online. Anyone who plays will have probably seen me at the last Alliance Tournament or stupid drunk at one of the previous two Alliance Leader Panels. I sent an email to the bombcast address offering to set up a guided tour about a week ago for a quick look that would be basically all the fun shit with zero of the boring as fuck sitting around.

I haven't received a response yet, but I'd be happy to take them around and even put them in charge of a fleet fight with a couple hundred people. If anyone knows a better way to get in contact with them then please let me know.

#52 Posted by Khann (2850 posts) -

@hxcaleb said:

I come to Giant Bomb, and remain a subscriber for stuff like this. Giant Bomb is one of the only larger sites out there that still puts a lot of heart, and personality, into the things they post. Honestly, I wish there were more sites out there like this. I constantly love the videos, and articles you guys post, and thanks to you Patrick for giving me new things to read each week. Keep this article going!

Try RockPaperShotgun, the place from which Patrick more or less ripped off this feature (The Sunday Papers).

#53 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -

@Michael_BoltonIII said:

I'm actually one of the prominent players in EVE Online. Anyone who plays will have probably seen me at the last Alliance Tournament or stupid drunk at one of the previous two Alliance Leader Panels. I sent an email to the bombcast address offering to set up a guided tour about a week ago for a quick look that would be basically all the fun shit with zero of the boring as fuck sitting around.

I haven't received a response yet, but I'd be happy to take them around and even put them in charge of a fleet fight with a couple hundred people. If anyone knows a better way to get in contact with them then please let me know.

Send a message to Patrick on the site, or a twitter @ response are two easy ways to get a hold of them. Not going to lie, they do get a lot of mail from every direction, so a multi-pronged message attack may help.

#54 Posted by Bobafeet (64 posts) -

Started playing EVE about a week ago. Have sunk 50 hours in already and it doesn't look like I'll be slowing any time soon. As a new player it's fascinating the depth this game goes to and the community that has built around it.

#55 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

Damn, Passion Pit has chaaaaaaaanged

#56 Posted by vinsanityv22 (1064 posts) -

" I’m still not sure how to tackle covering EVE Online. When even Dave can’t find a way to break through to the game, I’m willing to admit defeat up-front."

Haha. So true, Patrick. So true...

#57 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -

So is the point of the Red Dead article that you don't know what's true when someone else says it happened to them? I assume so because I just can't believe that actually happened to him when he was playing through the game (especially stuff like his character almost committing suicide). If it's real... well I like Red Dead even more somehow and I need to see footage.

#58 Posted by SuperSambo (2863 posts) -

@Khann said:

@hxcaleb said:

I come to Giant Bomb, and remain a subscriber for stuff like this. Giant Bomb is one of the only larger sites out there that still puts a lot of heart, and personality, into the things they post. Honestly, I wish there were more sites out there like this. I constantly love the videos, and articles you guys post, and thanks to you Patrick for giving me new things to read each week. Keep this article going!

Try RockPaperShotgun, the place from which Patrick more or less ripped off this feature (The Sunday Papers).

I thought it was due to Screened doing something similar and people wanted it on GB?

#59 Posted by djaoni (338 posts) -
#60 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Damn its gonna take a while for me to read these articles but this is awesome

#61 Edited by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -

@SuperSambo said:

@Khann said:

@hxcaleb said:

I thought it was due to Screened doing something similar and people wanted it on GB?

Yeah.. Rock Paper Shotgun is the only place anyone ever thought of an article to highlight other articles.

People are dense.

@djaoni said:

I never knew you were an actor, Klepek.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1331869184/tt1232829

This made me lol

#62 Posted by jNerd (2012 posts) -

Wow. I jusy got lost in that New Yorker article about GeoHotz. Very interesting story about what truly happened.

#63 Posted by Godmil (146 posts) -

Against the Wall might be put on the backburner during that time.

I certainly hope not, he got more than $8,000 from kickstarter to complete that game.

#64 Posted by beef_melody (273 posts) -

Tried out Against the Wall a while back, it's got a nice aesthetic but falling is just the worst. Interesting game though if you're patient.

#65 Posted by cap10zod (8 posts) -

...some excellent reads here. GeoHotz & Free Radical standing out.

#66 Posted by Toro510 (7 posts) -

Trying Against The Wall right now.

#67 Posted by fred2265 (21 posts) -

Against the wall looks cool.

>