• 56 results
BlazeHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 3

"BlazehedgeHog"

This reminds me of the time Gametrailers misspelled it as "BlazeHedgehod".

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There is no one great Lady Opinion that all ladies must accept - both consumers and developers. Bayonetta seems to be illustrating these differences.

I'm not surprised - in trying to understand a complex subject, the first response of most individuals is always to reduce to the lowest common denominator, even if that's not the intent of the individual. And most people, sadly, are happy with a single note view of the world, either because they don't want to spend the time to understand the subject, or they don't care to understand the subject.

It is easier to view the world through that single note, as opposed to trying to understand the complexity that underlies life. There's no positive or negative connotation to this inherently, IMO - we HAVE to simplify, or our brains would explode. It's when people forget that they're using a simplification and that reality might be different and more complex from the simple truth that's in their brain, that's when the problems start.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man. I know what you meant of course but I want a flight sim either named or from a company named Lockheed Martian so badly now!

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Redhotchilimist

Read a couple of those Bayonetta articles. I liked seeing Jenkins compare her to the new Lara Croft and Polansky's in-depth analysis is above and beyond what is needed. It was interesting. It's also sort of weird, though. The story is over the top and crazy and does enough to give you context, but it's not really what you're there for, like Dan's review said. It's not a story-focused game where the gameplay is something you tolerate. Hearing why people like or do not like Bayonetta the character is alright, but we're not talking about the movie here, we're talking about some of the most fun beat 'em up action games there are.

These articles are nice, I think, but I really look forward to articles talking in-depth about the new weapons, how they reuse assets for stages and bosses this time around(is there a bad, Iustitia-like boss this time around, or are all as amazing as Fortitudo?), what the new demon enemies are like and if they live up to the creepy and fresh look of the angels, how the use of QTEs have changed and if the lava still looks like water. I would love an article about the angels and in what ways they are better or worse than the demons in God Hand, who were all just human dudes but had a lot of personality, contrary to the angels who have no personality at all but a very cool look. Or what new lessons have been incorporated from other Platinum games. Bayonetta probably wouldn't have turned into a panther if not for Okami, so does she have the ability to turn into a hundred small dudes in this game? Should probably just write a blog myself when I've played Bayonetta 2, but if these articles turn up in the weeks after the game's release, I hope you'll put them on Worth Reading, Patrick.

Hope all the attention Bayonetta is getting translates into sales, also. It did okay, I think it was around 2 million like Devil may Cry 4, but while that's more than new DMC it was never as popular as God of War. I always thought that was a shame, Bayonetta is the better game of those two, and more people should have tried it out. It's actually much more approachable than Devil may Cry ever was, even poor players like me can jump in and do okay. Don't think there's much hope for it on the Wii U, though.

I also watched Boogie's video, which had a nice sentiment but is not going to make me begin using hashtags on twitter in a non-humor-related fashion, and the Dark Souls trailer, which was funny and spot on.

@niyoko Wait, so you already bought the Freelancer Dur? I think this sounds like a ton of money to spend on a game that's not even out yet, but I'm not exactly informed on this topic. What made you decide to invest so much in this thing, do you just have money to spare?

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Male gaze" is such a funny term. It's not like women don't like to check out nice butts too. That's literally all I have to say on the issue aside from being super tempted to get a Wii-U for Bayonetta 2.

2kings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By 2kings

@joshwent: You have eloquently put into words what
I have been thinking for years. Kudos to you Sir.

I would add, that statements like that are INTENDED to evoke response. Writers, sometimes, make a better living by being the villain to everyone than being reasonable. Reasonable, I imagine, gets far fewer clicks than wild condemnation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2653a977bd4
deactivated-5d2653a977bd4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hobozero: I can tell you as a backer that I'm fine with the current state as of right now because they began work on a complete new modified version of CryEngine 3 near end of '11, then had to upgrade to CryEngine 4 (or just CryEngine now as they want it to be called) and redo parts. They're also completely making the Persistent Universe system in CryEngine from the ground up, hence why the Dogfighting Alpha was delayed to make sure that at least the MP connectivity worked well, which it has up until now. It helps how open they are about things, it means that so long as you kinda get development time frames things don't seem as sketchy. They're working their little hearts out so I'm pleased.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see a direct quote from John Bain that proves he has an axe to grind with minorities.

I'm far from being a gamergate supporter, but don't you think this "y'all just hate women" rhetoric is a tiny bit ridiculous? Do you really believe that this is the only issue here?