Would anyone be willing to assist captioning one of the ERs?

• 60 results
Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Silver-Streak

@Mcubed: Your work is fantastic. Although the .ass format isn't accepted by a lot of video players for soft subs, and I don't know if GB would be ok with us reencoding with hard subs and posting their videos somewhere, so we'd probably need it in .srt, and I don't know if that accepts color or not.

It looks like the 7 hours for 15 minutes isn't out of the norm. I'm still trying to work through the first BR episode of Deadly Premonition, and I had probably put about 4 hours in it so far.

...and then the thumb drive I was saving it on busted.

So I do not know if I will be returning to working on these for a while, until my frustration about lost work has alleviated.

I'll check back in a few days after I see if I can recover my work.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Ravenlight

Did you guys really get this rolling? Amazing!

I'd love to contribute but I'm completely unfamiliar with any of the processes involved. I'll try to mess around later and see if subtitling is something I can wrap my head around.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Gaff

@Mcubed,@Eujin: If you do start on the VJ DP ER, here's some preliminary work I've done on it for the last week or so. Wishing I had more spare time to work on it...

I got to about 8 minutes (out of the 50).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24448984/subdraft.txt

Mcubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By Mcubed

Hey thanks for the help there man. I just started that one today, so this should help me get a bit of a head start.

Thanks man. Happy to see you like them. Which video players do you use? I've tested it with both VLC and Media Player Classic, and they both load just fine, colors and all, with a .ass file.

It's not really that difficult, just time consuming. This is the first time I've done it myself. I just looked up a tutorial on youtube for how to use the program and went from there.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By crusader8463

Always warms the cockles of my cold dark heart when I see this community pull together to do awesome stuff like this. Keep up the work.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Silver-Streak

@Mcubed: You are totally right. It's been so long since I tried using non srt caption files, that I just assumed that tech didn't move forward. My apologies. She and I both primarily use VLC and WMP, and I didn't even attempt it due to old info.

Mcubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Mcubed

Hey everyone. I'd like to apologize for my absence on this project for the past couple months. Things were pretty crazy here, as I had to move and start a new job and all. Finally starting to settle in and get older projects rolling again, including this one. Still no promises as to how fast I can pump these out, but I'm getting back to a more reliable schedule. First off, back to Episode 1 of the VJ Deadly Premonition ER. Once I get this one done I'll probably set up a blog page on here to host all the download links. I'll be sure to post a link in here to that page once it's up. Cheers!

Nickieroonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Nickieroonie

I'm working on episode 3! I would be willing to commit to 2 videos per week.

This could be done in 2 months or so if you could manage to get 10 contributors who each provide 2 videos per week (depending on length of videos). Not unattainable!

Nickieroonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Nickieroonie
Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Silver-Streak

I hate necroing threads, but I wanted to follow up on this, as people put in a ton of effort.

Thank all of you guys who tried to help me out with this. Sadly, the time constraints currently at my new job make it unfeasible for me to attempt this.

I may touch back on this later on in the year, when I have some vacation time. I really want my wife to get the enjoyment that the rest of us have had with the ER.

So again, thank you to and everyone else who chimed in and attempted.

Maybe there'll be better captioning software out later this year, or better interfaces for existing ones. For now, I'm going to say the dream is on hold, but not necessarily dead.