Would you give up your taste buds to eat healthy forever and never have to watch what you eat again?

• 63 results
Avatar image for christopherson329
christopherson329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Poll Would you give up your taste buds to eat healthy forever and never have to watch what you eat again? (229 votes)

Yes 33%
FUCK NO I LIKE FOOD 67%
 • 
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Video_Game_King

Why not just eat healthy food that tastes good?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

No,because I dont have to watch what I eat now. My metabolism is so fast that I don't gain weight. People have told me all my life that will stop but here I am nearly 30 and still nothing has changed. And my Dad is over 50 at this point and still has the same figure he did at 30.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CaLe

I think this question comes from a place of ignoramusness. It's a real place and I've been there so don't tell me what to do. I eat unhealthy stuff all the time and I'm still in the lower range of what my ideal BMI should be. I can't speak for my insides because I can't see them, but the outside is OK so... conservation of relative motion on a perpendicular line indicates I'm fine and will continue to be so. I hate when people tell you to go see a doctor when you are just asking a simple medical related question. If I wanted to see a doctor I wouldn't be here asking a question on Yahoo! Answers™ thank you very much.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

No. Food that is healthy can also taste great, you just gotta know the right recipes.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No then eatting becomes something that I have to do in order to not die rather then being that and something I can enjoy.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba519b6e291
deactivated-64ba519b6e291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would like to make public notice of my 100% agreement with this brilliant observation.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ever caught a cold and lost all of your ability to taste food? I had the idea to have a weight loss nasal spray or something that would stop your ability to taste. If you can't taste it, why bother eating all the tasty food that's bad for you? Genius right?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I have never, ever watched what I eat. I've never needed to.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never, ever watched what I eat. I've never needed to.

That's going to catch up with you when you're older.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@mcghee said:

That's going to catch up with you when you're older.

So be it. No longer have any interest in planning for the long term.

Although, never watching what I eat does not mean I eat unhealthily. I actively eat healthy food, actually.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Sterling

I already don't eat what tastes good, but what is most convenient. So, yes?

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eating healthy is not that hard.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Clonedzero

This is a pretty dumb question.

"Would you give up your sense of smell so you never have to smell something bad again?!"

Stupid.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By Sergio

Yea, the poll question is either worded poorly or just a dumb question. I'd go with this...

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

You don't have to give up taste buds to eat healthy food. Just saying.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Eating healthy isn't a matter of taste, it's a matter of money/time.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

No,because I dont have to watch what I eat now. My metabolism is so fast that I don't gain weight. People have told me all my life that will stop but here I am nearly 30 and still nothing has changed. And my Dad is over 50 at this point and still has the same figure he did at 30.

Same here. I don't think I could be overweight if I wanted to be.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I eat whatever I want but understand moderation.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#20  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

Yes, because if I couldn't taste anything I ate eating completely healthily would be super easy. If I couldn't taste things I don't think I'd miss tasting things.

Because gaining weight is the only downside of eating poorly.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The only right answer

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Willza92

Yes, because I don't care about food anyway. It's just fuel for me to do awesome things like fuck all.

*disclaimer* I am a fat fuck.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Slaegar

Being not fat is easy. Here's how you do it.

See that food over there? Don't eat it.

Victory.

I like tasting food and I unfatted myself while still enjoying cheesecake or what have you now and again.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@video_game_king said:

Because you can't eat what doesn't exist?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hamst3r said:

@video_game_king said:

Because you can't eat what doesn't exist?

There's plenty of healthy food that tastes good. "Healthy" food isn't merely the crappy diet bullshit.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Just eat half the portions! That way, it's half the calories, so you can eat twice as much.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway, I'd give up my taste buds if meant never having to worry about eating period. I don't care about eating healthy, but eating kind of sucks.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

Anyway, I'd give up my taste buds if meant never having to worry about eating period. I don't care about eating healthy, but eating kind of sucks.

I think you might be doing it wrong...

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theguy said:

@zeik said:

I'm not talking about eating specifically, just the entire process involved with it. I have to stop what I'm doing, figure out what food I have and then which of that food sounds at all appetizing, prepare it, and then eat it, and that's assuming I actually have food to eat in the house. Sometimes it's worth the trouble, other times it's just to get back to what I was doing without having hunger distract me.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By DarkShaper

My tongue would still feel the food. The texture of my food matters to me just as much as taste.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though eating bullshit is unhealthy, but its prime for bulking.

Loading Video...

If you lift weights and dirty bulk, you'll make all kinds of quality gainz, but at the risk of putting on extra fat.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck no. Food is the best thing ever invented.

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I could just take one pill every day, instead of eating, I'd probably be a lot happier, and healthier.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have no taste buds, then you can't taste anything, so what's the point of not having to watch what you eat?

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@zeik said:

@theguy said:

@zeik said:

I'm not talking about eating specifically, just the entire process involved with it. I have to stop what I'm doing, figure out what food I have and then which of that food sounds at all appetizing, prepare it, and then eat it, and that's assuming I actually have food to eat in the house. Sometimes it's worth the trouble, other times it's just to get back to what I was doing without having hunger distract me.

I'm with zeik. I'd take not having to eat or something like eating a tasteless food brick or something over having to prepare, eat, cleanup for every meal. I yearn for the day we get a food replicator. Not so I can get what I want, but so that I don't have to prepare anything ever again.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have thought about this a lot and see the benefits of both, but at the end of the day I think having taste is better. As much as I'd love to be ripped and eat salads all the time and enjoy them that's just not who I am. I could still be ripped if I tried harder with my diet and exercise, but I'll settle for being average and getting to taste delicious foods.

Zoeytrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already eat healthily because I like food that happens to be good for me and I'm also a vegetarian, so I'm good.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause there is no such thing.

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By Pop

Sometimes I wish there were pills that would contain everything a body needs from food, so that I could eat in like 10 seconds an entire meal, sure I like pizza and stuff that tastes really good but I kind of want to be full instantly.

I don't know I'm weird. I know this has almost nothing to do with the question.

edit: lol there are some people that think the same as me, thanks for not making me feel weird, now we're a group of weirdos!

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By Sooty

Me too. Except the nearly 30 part.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#41  Edited By monkeyking1969

No taste buds means much of your sense of smell is gone too. I'd rather taste food.

Really you question is this: "Would you rather be super lazy AND taste nothing, OR would you like to have control over your life, yet taste/smell the world fully."

Geewhizz, what a great either/or question!!!!

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By shinjin977

@video_game_king said:

Cause there is no such thing.

It is actually less about "healthy food" and more about real food. I am in a job where I have to constantly fly back and forth from Asia and the US. There is something wrong with how process the produce in US super markets are. It is not natural. Beef and chicken have no natural taste to them and the milk is so watered down its just water.

I live in the US for 4 years, so I am not trying to shit on it or anything but I am kind of weirded out by what they are selling to their citizens over there.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My metabolism is so high it doesn't really matter what I eat anyway.

But to be fair, I've not eaten fast food in over 10 years, and I only cook actual food anyway.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live in the US for 4 years, so I am not trying to shit on it or anything but I am kind of weirded out by what they are selling to their citizens over there.

Loading Video...

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What tastes good to you is largely based on what you decide to habitually eat. Dietary studies of young children have shown that aside from non-edible objects, they will eat pretty much anything regardless of our preconceptions of what "tastes good".

I know that if I were to lose my sense of taste, it would probably be nearly unbearable to eat the food required to maintain a good diet. Whenever I have been congested to the point of almost losing my sense of smell it becomes a long, joyless chore to eat.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No taste buds means much of your sense of smell is gone too. I'd rather taste food.

Really you question is this: "Would you rather be super lazy AND taste nothing, OR would you like to have control over your life, yet taste/smell the world fully."

Geewhizz, what a great either/or question!!!!

"Would you rather be super lazy..." Let me stop you right there. Yes.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Or how about learn to cook and make great tasting healthy food, because its not that hard.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By shinjin977

@video_game_king said:

@shinjin977 said:

Loading Video...

I was talking about things like this. Not some conspiracy. You only have to ask some one who have been to asia/eu or outside NA in general. I was not talking about conspiracy theory, I was talking about process food vs. natural growth/none hormone growth food.

Edit: make sure to read the comment if you think I am talking out of my ass.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was talking about things like this. Not some conspiracy. You only have to ask some one who have been to asia/eu or outside NA in general. I was not talking about conspiracy theory, I was talking about process food vs. natural growth/none hormone growth food.

I wasn't implying conspiracy theory, at least not to the extreme. More like "corporations process the hell out of food because it's the cheaper option". Plus it's such a versatile video.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjin977: Being lactose intolerant, I can confirm that American milk is not water.