• 85 results
Posted by Pr1mus (3905 posts) 1 year, 7 months ago

Poll: Would you like color-coded names back? (236 votes)

Yes 44%
No 48%
Show Results 8%

Simple. Would you like color-coded names back on the forum?

On one hand the forums have a more consistent look now but on the other hand i always found it useful to quickly recognize who's posting what.

Yummylee is blue, Claude is red, Animasta is white all the raging metacritics users flooding a review in anger are green etc.

And if they do bring it back maybe make it so that new accounts are neutral by default. No more Xbox 360 support conspiracy!

#1 Posted by believer258 (11899 posts) -

I'm fine without them.

#2 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4798 posts) -

It wasn't easy being green, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

#3 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

I kind of would, as I feel like only being being red makes everyone run together. Also, you just kind of associate people with that color of their username, and now it feels oddly off without them.

#4 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3834 posts) -

I'd like it, not being attached to "platform alignment". I had mine green just because I liked it green!

#5 Posted by UlquioKani (1057 posts) -

No, I'd rather they spend time doing something else, no matter how easy it is to implement. Even if Dave gets time, I would prefer he eat a sandwich than implement this.

#6 Posted by Pr1mus (3905 posts) -

No, I'd rather they spend time doing something else, no matter how easy it is to implement. Even if Dave gets time, I would prefer he eat a sandwich than implement this.

I didn't consider the possibility of a sandwich being involved when i made this poll. I must meditate on this.

#7 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I'd prefer that they bring back the old caption editing system. The new system is just cumbersome.

#9 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

WE ARE ALL NINTENDO. *Nike logo*

#10 Posted by TheHT (11241 posts) -

Yup.

#11 Posted by Miketakon (514 posts) -

Bring em back.

#12 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

How else would people know I like Nintendo?

#13 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

WE ARE ALL NINTENDO.

That is what I was thinking.

#14 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Yes, was easier to see names in the forums

#15 Posted by Jay_Ray (1098 posts) -

I would like to just be able to pick different colours, doesn't have to be related to console preference.

#16 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Also I think the majority of the people complaining about reviews were blue, just look at the DMC and Catherine reviews.

#17 Edited by Pr1mus (3905 posts) -
@bourbon_warrior said:

Also I think the majority of the people complaining about reviews were blue, just look at the DMC and Catherine reviews.

Maybe. I really only meant the kind signing up just to rage for one post and never come back.

#18 Posted by brownsfantb (393 posts) -

No, because I didn't even know what the different colors meant or how you changed it until like a month ago. And I usually tell who's who by their avatar, not the color of their username.

#19 Posted by DarthOrange (3861 posts) -

Yea, I miss my blue username. Why the hell was this taken away?

#20 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Sure, even if they got rid of the alignments it would still be nice to pick what coloured username we want.

#21 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

Not really, I always had a white username since I jump around to all the platforms.

#22 Posted by RioStarwind (544 posts) -

Would be nice to have it back but I'm fine with everyone being red if they decide to leave it like this.

#23 Edited by Tennmuerti (8100 posts) -

Nah.

But I would love it if the names were next to the avatar pictures again. As they are now, inserted in the middle of post header, it's way less comfortable to quickly identify the poster. It's downright bizzare and illogical.

#24 Posted by Demoskinos (14823 posts) -

The thing I'm missing isn't color names its the drop down friends list. That was great for instantly being able to see who was online.

#25 Edited by Pr1mus (3905 posts) -
@demoskinos said:

The thing I'm missing isn't color names its the drop down friends list. That was great for instantly being able to see who was online.

Yeah i miss that too and actually now that you mention it i noticed that we can't see who's online on the forum either and i could have sworn we could see that in the upper right corner of any posts (if the user is online of course).

#26 Edited by Demoskinos (14823 posts) -

@pr1mus said:
@demoskinos said:

Yeah i miss that too and actually now that you mention it i noticed that we can't see who's online on the forum either and i could have sworn we could see that in the upper right corner of any posts (if the user is online of course).

You weren't seeing things they did have that at launch on the site for sure. Dave said they disabled a ton of stuff for right now until they work out the kinks. That might have been one of the things.

#27 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

I got name dropped I"m so popular <3

and no not really. it was dumb

#28 Posted by Demoskinos (14823 posts) -

@animasta said:

I got name dropped I"m so popular <3

and no not really. it was dumb

#29 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

well i just realized that the colors were removed. pretty crazy stuff. i think that they need to bring it back. i enjoyed it, but i was a neutral person.

#30 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

Yes, actually. Was fun to look at and it made identifying others easier on the forums.

#31 Edited by Demoskinos (14823 posts) -
#32 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@demoskinos:

If I didn't do it when the new site launched, I would've done it in two weeks, when I post my 300th blog to the site.

#33 Edited by Pr1mus (3905 posts) -
#34 Posted by punkxblaze (2985 posts) -

We are all Claude now.

#35 Posted by JaredA (824 posts) -

I think if they brought back colored usernames, but instead of having them be your allegiance I just want to choose whatever color I want!

#36 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

@pr1mus said:
@demoskinos said:

@fluxwavez:I identify people more by their avatars. Which is why @video_game_king is FREAKING ME OUT by changing his picture.

As long as he doesn't pull an @animasta and starts changing it every week!

but see it has looped back around and now people recognize me as the person who changes their avatar every week

#37 Posted by Grimluck343 (1149 posts) -
@jay_ray said:

I would like to just be able to pick different colours, doesn't have to be related to console preference.

I think this is a better solution than tying your name to any sort of console affiliation. Make it easier to pick out individuals in the thread.

#38 Posted by Pr1mus (3905 posts) -

@animasta: I had gotten so used to identifying people by their avatar and colored name that for the first few weeks it got me every time. "Who the hell are all those people with 10000 post i never saw before!?... oh right"

Now it's back to good ole fashioned reading the name.

#39 Edited by Icemael (6320 posts) -

If it weren't for this thread I probably would've never even realized that the coloured username feature had been removed.

#40 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

@animasta: I had gotten so used to identifying people by their avatar and colored name that for the first few weeks it got me every time. "Who the hell are all those people with 10000 post i never saw before!?... oh right"

Now it's back to good ole fashioned reading the name.

and the moral of the story is, never judge a book by it's avatar

#41 Posted by ThunderSlash (1722 posts) -

How else am I supposed to identify spam accounts?

#42 Edited by Jimbo (9809 posts) -

It was great before because I could just ignore the non-white people.

#43 Posted by dudeglove (7840 posts) -

No thanks. I judge people on their avatars, not the color of their name.

#44 Posted by JackSukeru (5911 posts) -

I liked the different colours.

#45 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7616 posts) -

It made it easy to see who had an agenda. The amount of blue users constantly promoting the Vita, for example.

#46 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

No.

#47 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

They won't be missed by me.

#48 Posted by BeachThunder (11929 posts) -

so what was up with Xbox being default anyway? o_O

#49 Posted by Hunter5024 (5671 posts) -

Yeah. Although if they wanted to disassociate the colors from the consoles then I would be cool with that.

#50 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

All red is just bad.. Alignments are not necessary but we should be able to have colorful names, it added life to this joint.

@jimbo said:

It was great before because I could just ignore the non-white people.

Haha