• 85 results
Posted by Pr1mus (3780 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: Would you like color-coded names back? (236 votes)

Yes 44%
No 48%
Show Results 8%

Simple. Would you like color-coded names back on the forum?

On one hand the forums have a more consistent look now but on the other hand i always found it useful to quickly recognize who's posting what.

Yummylee is blue, Claude is red, Animasta is white all the raging metacritics users flooding a review in anger are green etc.

And if they do bring it back maybe make it so that new accounts are neutral by default. No more Xbox 360 support conspiracy!

#51 Posted by coakroach (2488 posts) -

Yes, it's original purpose was dumb but at the end of the day it just looked neat

#52 Posted by TobbRobb (4555 posts) -

Considering I was red before this for not other reason than it being the best color... I'd say this worked out in my favor.

Also this probably helps me be less prejudiced against greennames.

#53 Edited by AlexanderSheen (4907 posts) -

Yes, I want my white name back! They can drop the alignment stuff, I don't care about that, never did.

@animasta: The Chequita one was my favorite.

#54 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@animasta said:

@pr1mus said:
@demoskinos said:

@fluxwavez:I identify people more by their avatars. Which is why @video_game_king is FREAKING ME OUT by changing his picture.

As long as he doesn't pull an @animasta and starts changing it every week!

but see it has looped back around and now people recognize me as the person who changes their avatar every week

It's a bad habit of mine too, I just can't help myself!

#55 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I'd like the entire old website back. Except the wiki page design.

#56 Posted by Nilazz (606 posts) -

I didn't even realize they were gone..

#57 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

I just had the neutral color before but I think we're fine without them. Although, if I ever saw a green name among the new threads it was like a 50% chance it was a spam thread, which was a quick way for me to ignore them or something, lol.

#58 Posted by JoeyRavn (4946 posts) -

I don't care either way, to be honest. I hadn't even noticed that every name was red now until I read this thread.

#59 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Yes so we can target who to ridicule

#60 Posted by Tordah (2469 posts) -

Not really. I'd be a lot more excited if they brought the Achievements system back. I really miss that part of the old site.

#61 Edited by Dalai (6980 posts) -

It's one less thing for me to change every 6 months or so. I don't really miss this feature.

#62 Posted by MEATBALL (3020 posts) -

Don't really want them back, but that's not to say that I would complain about them returning. Typically they didn't cause any problems and it was kind of cool to see where peoples preferences lay. I was always neutral anyway, so it doesn't bother me at all that it's no longer a feature. Also, now it looks like everyone is a Nintendo fan, and that's awesome! >_>

#63 Posted by cutyoface (539 posts) -

Not really.

#64 Posted by Village_Guy (2485 posts) -

I don't really like the red everybody has now, but I didn't really care about the console-alignment colors before...

Just give us a lot of colors to choose from with no reason behind them, make the place a little more colorful.

#65 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

I'd also like to mention that your alignment is still in your "about me" section on your profile. Mine seems to have reset back to neutral.

#66 Edited by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -

I just wish that the names were a different colour than all the other links.

Also, I'm not really a fan of red being the colour for linked text. It looks OK on the white background, but I'm not digging it on the black one

#67 Posted by Spoonman671 (4531 posts) -

I don't think I care. I'm not really sure though.

#68 Edited by Snail (8574 posts) -

I like knowing a person's alignment. It was actually kind of insightful in some conversations.

Also by exposing all the fanboyness you kind of got something out of the way. People have preferences for certain platforms, such is life, let's just admit it.

THEY SHOULD LET OUR COLORS FLY.

#69 Posted by xyzygy (9871 posts) -

Nah. They're pretty unnecessary.

#70 Posted by Pr1mus (3780 posts) -

I'd also like to mention that your alignment is still in your "about me" section on your profile. Mine seems to have reset back to neutral.

The option is there in the settings but it always show as neutral no matter what you select.

#71 Posted by Animasta (14643 posts) -

Yes, I want my white name back! They can drop the alignment stuff, I don't care about that, never did.

@animasta: The Chequita one was my favorite.

I liked that one too! but right now I enjoy the irony of someone who's the top editor of a couple paradox grand strategy games to have a kesha avatar

#72 Posted by Brodehouse (9525 posts) -

I was blue. Which is funny because I use my Playstation the least. But I like blue on black.

Never gonna change 1196260_cactaur_niggah_fro.jpg though.

#73 Posted by SMTDante89 (2541 posts) -

I think there's far more important things to work on than username colors, but if they do bring something like it back, I wouldn't be at all opposed to it (though I prefer if they kept console alignment out of it)

#74 Posted by TooWalrus (13132 posts) -

Nah, that was silly.

#75 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

I just want my blue back, there doesn't have to be alignments anymore.

Of course, now that it's red, it matches the Manchester United color scheme a bit more....

#76 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

@jimbo said:

It was great before because I could just ignore the non-white people.

#77 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

Unified username colors just puts more emphasis on user avatars, so now I can judge you all based on what your avatar choice is.

#78 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (190 posts) -

Yes I liked them.

#79 Posted by Pr1mus (3780 posts) -

I was blue. Which is funny because I use my Playstation the least. But I like blue on black.

Never gonna change 1196260_cactaur_niggah_fro.jpg though.

Long live the funk.

#80 Edited by Ezakael (910 posts) -

I didn't mind the coloured names but it's not something I particularly miss.

#81 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@snail said:

I like knowing a person's alignment. It was actually kind of insightful in some conversations.

Also by exposing all the fanboyness you kind of got something out of the way. People have preferences for certain platforms, such is life, let's just admit it.

THEY SHOULD LET OUR COLORS FLY.

The best thing was when people call you a fanboy just because of your alignment.

I just liked green you dicks.

#82 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

All red is just bad.. Alignments are not necessary but we should be able to have colorful names, it added life to this joint.

@jimbo said:

It was great before because I could just ignore the non-white people.

Haha

Don't you mean grey?

#83 Posted by JJOR64 (18894 posts) -

I didn't mind them. Not going to cry over it being gone though.

#84 Posted by Andorski (5179 posts) -

Yup. Multiple color choices for names make accounts more unique and make it easier when identifying who is who when looking at conversations on the forums. Just drop the whole "platform allegiance" side of it and add more colors to pick from.

#85 Edited by Branthog (7340 posts) -

On one hand, I don't care for it. On the other hand, I think it is reasonable for people to say "this is what I prefer; this is my thing". As much as I detest Reddit, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of "flair" that you can either earn, gather, or add to your account. It would be annoying to have it show up for every user right next to their name or avatar, but what if you could mouse-over on their name (or avatar) and, among other things, it would have a little icon for what platforms they own or what platforms they're fans of and what developers they're fans of? Easy to ignore, but nice easy way to get a quick line on the person, if you want.

But yeah, the colored names are really annoying, because that makes the reading experience more cluttered and distracting.

Yeah. Although if they wanted to disassociate the colors from the consoles then I would be cool with that.

That would . . . defeat the whole purpose. :)

#86 Edited by mandude (2669 posts) -

Oh, I thought we all really liked the Wii now.