• 53 results
Edited 1 year, 9 months ago

Poll: Would You Like to See a Quick Look EX of Bioshock Infinite with Ken Levine (148 votes)

Yes 57%
NO!!!!!! 28%
Maybe So 15%
#1 Posted by RonGalaxy (3270 posts) -

Oops, hit enter by accident.

Anyway, the games release is coming up, and if there was a QL:EX I ever wanted to see, it would be that one; ken levine has a great personality that would work well with the bombsquad dynamic. Unlike some other devs that have gotten EX'ed.

#2 Posted by Rowr (5824 posts) -

That would be cool, but i wouldn't watch it because of spoilers.

#3 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

the world doesn't need another video about this game

#4 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -

Yeah but only if it's in addition to a normal QL.

#5 Posted by mosespippy (4467 posts) -

I'd rather have a Quick Look EX with Shawn Elliott.

#6 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Sure make it happen

#7 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

i prefer normal QL's over QL:EX's.

sure, some of the QL:EX's are cool, but most of the time it feels really uncomfortable and awkward.

#8 Posted by RonGalaxy (3270 posts) -

@rowr: I'm guessing levine wouldn't let them QL anything that hasn't been shown off before, so no biggy. He's a huge stickler for not spoiling his games (at least important to really important parts).

#9 Posted by RonGalaxy (3270 posts) -

@mariachimacabre: It's possible, they've done it before for high demand games, and this is definitely one of those

#10 Posted by Tennmuerti (8174 posts) -

No, already way too much marketing videos for this game.

Rather there is just a simple standard QL.

#11 Posted by djou (878 posts) -

Yes, definitely. Ken Levine is one of the most thoughtful game developers I ever heard. His answers to even basic questions about his design decisions are rich and interesting. It would be great to see him walk through a portion of the game I have seen a million times when it releases. Although I hope this doesn't exclude a real QL with the regular gang.

#12 Edited by RonGalaxy (3270 posts) -

@clonedzero: I know what you mean, but I'm almost 100% positive it wouldn't be awkward, based on how fucking intelligent the man answers questions.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/we-talk-to-ken-levine-about-bioshock-infinite/2300-3261/

Watch that video to see what I mean in the context of GB.

#13 Edited by probablytuna (3832 posts) -

I'd like a Bombcast with Ken Levine instead. That would be pretty rad.

#14 Edited by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

YES!

I may or may not have a huge man-crush on Ken Levine.

#15 Posted by dropabombonit (1492 posts) -

I would love it because I could listen to Ken Levine talk all day. He could be just be talking about the most banal thing and he would make it seem super interesting

#16 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

I am so fucking tired of Ken Levine showing up EVERYWHERE that I would not watch said QL:EX.

#17 Edited by Morningstar (2242 posts) -

Not interested.

#18 Posted by Daveyo520 (7008 posts) -

God yes, Ken is awesome and his voice is so soothing.

#19 Posted by deadmoscow (268 posts) -

I don't like the Quick Look EX's at all, for the most part. They've always felt counter to what I like about Quick Looks, which is watching a couple of dudes fucking around with a game without any outside influence.

#20 Edited by Nilazz (639 posts) -

I could listen to Ken Levine talk forever ( almost ) so yeah, that would be neat.

#21 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -

I bet Giant Bomb would like that too, since it'd be huge for them. Probably won't happen though.

#22 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

I bet Giant Bomb would like that too, since it'd be huge for them. Probably won't happen though.

huge? Ken Levine loves talking to everyone, it's not really that huge.

#23 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3823 posts) -

@animasta said:

@wrighteous86 said:

huge? Ken Levine loves talking to everyone, it's not really that huge.

I guess I just meant in the sense that it's a big game and he's one of the best known devs in the industry.

Like that Ron Gilbert one, but with a game people care about.

Aww... that was mean. I still love you, Ron!

#24 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

I haven't watched any trailers, gameplay, interviews etc. for this game in like, a year. I'm... just gonna play it.

#25 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3925 posts) -

I voted yes but I wouldn't watch it till I'd beaten the game. I'd love a 'sit on couch talk about whatever' segment though.

#26 Edited by Cold_Wolven (2295 posts) -

No I'd rather get GB's honest opinions of the game without the pressure of sucking up to the developer for politeness sake.

#27 Posted by TyCobb (1975 posts) -

Not a fan of the EXs.

#28 Posted by Humanity (10126 posts) -

Why do all these people here dislike Ken Levine? Apart from being a ball buster I think he has really interesting things to say and I'd love to hear this guy who put a lot of passion into his project walk us through some section talking about all his inspirations and whatnot. Certainly more interesting than when whoever ends up doing the regular QuickLook and it's like "ok so this is the part where you shoot some bad guys and ok this is where I've played up to so now were totally lost and will walk in circles for the duration of this QL"

#29 Edited by Pr1mus (3952 posts) -

Well Ken Levine is more interesting than most to listen to but i hate Quick Look EXs with a passion so no.

#30 Edited by Animasta (14728 posts) -

@humanity: because he's fucking everywhere and everyone puts him on this weird pedestal because he made a game a bunch of people like and if I wanted to watch the guy talk about his inspirations there are plenty of interviews where I'm sure he talks about them.

and if you're that uninterested in giant bomb than why are you even here? I mean come on.

#31 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

This would be great.

#32 Edited by LTSmash (659 posts) -

@mosespippy said:

This would be great.

Whiskey Nerd Quick Look

#33 Posted by djou (878 posts) -

@probablytuna: Wow, how awesome would that be? Three hours of unfiltered game design philosophizing. I doubt he would do it though.

#34 Edited by BeachThunder (12438 posts) -

;__; I just want to finally play it!

#35 Posted by TheHT (11820 posts) -

Sure. Why the hell not?

#36 Edited by Asmo917 (423 posts) -

By far, my favorite hour from PAX East last year was the Gamers with Jobs panel with Ken Levine and Jeff Green. They were thoughtful, funny, engaging, entertaining, and fascinating. Ken Levine is one of the people in the games industry that if he's talking, I'm listening. I might not always agree, but I don't have to try very hard to learn something new.

#37 Posted by CycloneDE (46 posts) -

I voted yes because it would be a cool thing to see exist but I wouldn't watch it because I want to know nothing about that game before I play it.

#38 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

#39 Edited by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -

@probablytuna said:

I'd like a Bombcast with Ken Levine instead. That would be pretty rad.

Oh don't get my hopes up.

#40 Posted by Humanity (10126 posts) -
@animasta said:

@humanity: because he's fucking everywhere and everyone puts him on this weird pedestal because he made a game a bunch of people like and if I wanted to watch the guy talk about his inspirations there are plenty of interviews where I'm sure he talks about them.

and if you're that uninterested in giant bomb than why are you even here? I mean come on.

I like Giant Bomb and I love the guys as well but if I can get a known developer to come on and talk about the game he made then I'd love to see rather that than the doods just run around and shoot shit. Some of those QL's are hilarious but I mean "cmon" inside baseball talk with developers is awesome.

Incidentally I appreciated the story of Bioshock but I didn't really enjoy the gameplay too much so at least you can rest easy knowing I never put the guy up on a high pedestal.

#41 Edited by Animasta (14728 posts) -

@humanity: I just don't find him all that funny which is way more important than how knowledgeable they are, so I'd rather them do a podcast thing with him (like that Patrick interview dumptruck thing) or something than the EX.

#42 Edited by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

I doubt they'd be able to get him for it, but yeah, I'd love to. Levine is a great speaker and the things that come out of his mouth are always interesting.

#43 Posted by Garris (195 posts) -

I'm torn between a quicklook ex and a lengthy spoilercast. Mostly I just want whatever gets me the deepest into Ken Levine's head it must be amazing in there.

#44 Posted by Spoonman671 (4777 posts) -

I feel like I've heard that guy talk enough.

#45 Posted by Ramone (2976 posts) -

@humanity said:

Why do all these people here dislike Ken Levine? Apart from being a ball buster I think he has really interesting things to say and I'd love to hear this guy who put a lot of passion into his project walk us through some section talking about all his inspirations and whatnot. Certainly more interesting than when whoever ends up doing the regular QuickLook and it's like "ok so this is the part where you shoot some bad guys and ok this is where I've played up to so now were totally lost and will walk in circles for the duration of this QL"

Recent interviews and articles have suggested to me that he's pretty far up his own arse.

#46 Posted by McLargepants (398 posts) -

I have much less interest in Quick Look EXs, not because I think they don't foster integrity or whatever, I just don't think they're as fun to watch.

#47 Edited by Hippie_Genocide (736 posts) -

I voted yes, but I wouldn't watch the video until I finished the game. It would be totally cool to have Ken Levine and Shawn Elliot do one of these or guest on the bombcast though.

#48 Posted by Nordom (30 posts) -

I don't think I would like an EX quick look for such a large title.

I'd like them to be able to say exactly what they feel about the game and not be constrained by having Ken Levine there.

#49 Edited by captain_max707 (495 posts) -

A spoilercast like the Portal 2 one would be cooler I think. I wouldn't watch the hypothetical quicklook for the quicklook aspect, I would watch it to listen to Ken Levine. Since I would watch it after I had played the game, as would many people I think, it would be more valuable to have a podcast.

#50 Posted by Snail (8662 posts) -

Duh.