Would you say you play/try to play at least one video game every single day?

• 77 results
FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Would you say you play/try to play at least one video game every single day? (292 votes)

Pretty much/roughly/definitely YES 62%
Pretty much/roughly/definitely NO 39%

Just wondering if people are as extreme as I am. I seriously don't recall more than like...3 days in the last few months where I didn't play at least one video game a day. Video games are just a huge part of my life.

Now, I understand stuff happens and people are busy some days, so I specifically made a point to include words like "roughly" in the poll options. Hell, it's not like we're keeping track here. The bottom option is more for people who absolutely take breaks that last like...multiple days. They just don't enjoy playing video games every day, ya know? Hopefully this isn't too confusing and people will be able to actually vote. I know poll options don't fit the bill sometimes.

• 
Avatar image for burningstickman
BurningStickMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I used to weirdly pride myself on that. Well, "pride" is the wrong word, but after a few years, I guess I wanted to see how long I could keep the unbroken streak going.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I don't have a lot of time for games nowadays. I tend to leave most of them half-finished now. But I do generally try to make time for a few minutes of Spelunky before sleepytime just to keep it real.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a good year and a half to two years that I logged at least 10 hours of League of Legends every day. I've cut back now to a much more manageable 4-5 but will probably start up again come January-February to rank myself in Diamond 3+. Way back in highschool I worked 40 hour weeks and went to school full-time, I made time for video games even if it was only for 30 min. I can't imagine stopping anytime soon

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I do indeed typically play video games for some varying period of time per day.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By DeadpanCakes

If I include the occasional "getting-to-a-main-menu-screen-before-I-realize-I-have-something-else-I-need/want-to-do" then yeah, I pretty much play everyday.

Basically what I'm getting at is that I'm very inconsistent. (I voted yes though)

kidzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been noticing recently that I try to get at least two deathmatch games in CS:GO. So in that case, I am trying to play a video game everyday.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I include getting to a main menu screen before I realize I have something else I need/want to do, then yeah, I pretty much play everyday.

Basically what I'm getting at is that I'm very inconsistent. (I voted yes though)

Yeah that's why I was so lenient on the Yes's and No's. Basically vote for whatever is closest to what you consider yourself to do.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#9  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Nope! Sometimes I'm busy enough with homework 'n stuff that I can go a day or two without playing anything.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The backlog beckons.

Mass Effect also beckons.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Nope. Sometimes I don't feel like playing video games. I'd say because of reading Twitter I probably at least think about video games once a day though.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I try to play at least an hour a day. It's actually been really useful whenever I've had problems in my real life and I need to step away for a bit. My family sometimes asks me how I can play games during certain difficult times and I have to explain that if I wasn't playing games I would be overthinking situations and be in a worse place.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Generally manage to play 2-3 games a day, clocking [at least] an hour in each. It's really a matter of motivation more than anything else, I specifically go out of my way to make time for this hobby

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14  Edited By mike

Definitely not, I have other interests and other people in my life that don't play video games so even if I wanted to play a game daily it might be almost impossible. I haven't played any games since Thursday, but I may play something tonight to wind down but who knows. That's a typical week for me.

Come to think of it, I have never had any hobbies or interests that I visited every single day. That sounds tedious.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By TobbRobb

Wait. Why?

I play a lot of games, but only when I want to. This translates to pretty big chunks several days straight, but I might as well also go a week or two without touching one.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

Yeah, I usually make it a point to play a game for at least half an hour or so a day.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

There was a time when I was playing four to five different games a day, and even three games simultaneously. It's less than that now. Now I try not to play games during business hours, even if I'm not working.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bigsocrates

I wish. Some days it's just wake up, go to work, come home, hit the rack. I could game at least a little during my commute but i don't enjoy handhelds that much, and if I don't get a seat on the train it's kind of a non-starter.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FrostyRyan

I try to play at least an hour a day. It's actually been really useful whenever I've had problems in my real life and I need to step away for a bit. My family sometimes asks me how I can play games during certain difficult times and I have to explain that if I wasn't playing games I would be overthinking situations and be in a worse place.

No Caption Provided

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I played a bit of Audiosurf in July...and a few minutes of a Quake 1 expansion pack in August...

So, no.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Even if I wanted to, I have pretty much zero time to do anything other than work and eat on workdays.

Also, if there's no new games out there that interest me, I can go for weeks without touching any games. I've done that quite a bit this year, come to think of it.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'd say so. My gaming life has gotten weird over the last couple of years though. I usually only buy open world or semi-open world games, and then I proceed to exhaust all the content in the game. Then I move on to the next one. Right now I'm plowing through all of AC4, and I'm waiting for Dragon Age to drop. Boy, let me tell you, Destiny was a fucking hard thing for me. Like, seriously. When you play games like I do, that game is really a test of endurance.

Zeds_Dead_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I try but it does get harder as I get a bit older. Less time and more responsibilities. Sometimes I might gi a few days with no opportunity.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twice a week is a lofty goal at this point.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bybeach

I tend to be one game focused, but not always. Especially if I am casting through my Library for something to grab me. But when I am hooked I am hooked good.

Also my life has become relaxed. So I do 2 hours in the morning. and perhaps in the evening. But even working I'd get an hour or so in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, I'd say so. It's not always sitting down for hours at a time, but I can't remember the last time I went a day without at least messing around with my 3DS/Vita for a few minutes.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

At the moment, yeah. Pretty much everyday I play 1-3 hours of TF2 in the afternoon, and then occasionally I will play 3DS or a phone game during the day for 30 minutes or a singleplayer game at night. I feel that is too much though, I've gotta stop playing so frequently.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't go out of my way to make sure I play something, but I normally do play at least one game. At the very least I'll knock out a couple matches of BF4 or CS:GO to unwind after work. I'm perfectly fine not playing anything for a few days. I never feel like I need a break or anything. I don't think about it too much one way or another.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CaLe

When not playing any multiplayer (as I have been recently) I tend to only play games when they come out, and I finish them within a few days most of the time. I don't play older games so I could easily go months without playing anything. Never made an effort to play a game just for the sake of it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I certainly try to play a little of something every day. Whether that be a console megabuster or just a handheld game like pokemon. It doesn't always work out though. Divvying time up between multiple hobbies in between attending to responsibilities is a tough thing indeed.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

At certain point I have stopped trying to play every day. Turning game on to mess in menu for two minutes before turning it off was to much hassle.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With my college schedule, I can usually only squeeze in gaming on the weekend, and sometimes (depending on homework load) I don't even get to then. Still end up spending an ungodly amount of time on Giant Bomb and other gaming sites when I'm procrastinating, though.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By confusedowl

I don't necessarily make it a goal to play a game everyday but it usually does end up happening thanks to my lack of a social life and horrible work ethic.

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vocalcannibal

Thanks to browser games, absolutely.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#35 riostarwind  Moderator

I almost always play some kind of game each day although that isn't a guarantee if I'm busy with something else.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Sometimes, sometimes not. Some weeks I play every day, other times I play games like three days of the week.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was able to be a "Yes" for a few months after I got my B.Sc. but now that I've started my Masters on top of working basically full-time there are long stretches of days when I can't play video games, unfortunately.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By cornbredx

Ya. At least one game- for maybe an hour.

Sometimes I just need it to relax or break up the days monotony. If even for only an hour it helps.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Pretty much, yes.

Actually, I have more time to play now, with a full time job, than I did when I was in college. The job that got me through college was actually at the college, so I was either working that job or in class from 8AM to 5PM and then I spent most of the night studying/preparing for the next day. Even then, I managed to get some game time in before bed, usually because I had to slow down or I wouldn't be able to sleep at all that night.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Actually, I have more time to play now, with a full time job, than I did when I was in college.

Me too. I definitely try to play something every day, but as others have said, it just doesn't work sometimes. I never force myself to play something though, which was an important realization I came to when still in college and time was an issue.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually find some time to play everyday after work, but more often than not I spend more time looking at all my games and then not playing anything because I couldn't decide.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@rorie said:

I don't have a lot of time for games nowadays. I tend to leave most of them half-finished now. But I do generally try to make time for a few minutes of Spelunky before sleepytime just to keep it real.

the combo of sleepytime and keep it realis both adorable/bad-ass. I hope when you turn in for the night you pet all the puppies in the house (dozens I bet) and whisper "sleepytime, huh buddy?".

And then you wake up to a sick bass boost.

Keepin' it real.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I play everyday if I can, I try to sit through a movie sometimes and it's so hard to keep my interest like gaming does .

maccyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By maccyd

Depends, I have a habit of focusing on a single interest for a period of time before moving onto another, gaming tends to be a common.

Although, now that I think of it, I've forgotten the last time I played a western "mainstream" game, the last gen just put me off them.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Scrawnto

I've been playing games just about every day lately, but that isn't really something I make an effort to do. There have been times in the past where I would go days or even a week without playing a game, like when I went camping, or when I was just too busy.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#46  Edited By StarvingGamer

I play games every day but I don't consciously try to play games every day. Having them on my phone and 3DS makes it really easy to get something in during downtime, and there is no such thing as a day with zero downtime.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

There have been times I haven't played a video game for several weeks, although that doesn't happen often. I end up playing 3-4 times a week.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JesusHammer

I'd say I get at least a little bit in everyday. At the worst I'll at least end up playing WWE Supercard or a 3DS/VIta game for a little bit. In fact I don't remember the last day where I didn't play anything at all.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#49 FinalDasa  Moderator

I don't even think about it as actively playing a game sometimes. Games like Simpsons Tapped Out fill some relaxing time while watching dumb TV or wrestling and then I have time where I'm just grinding away in a game like Madden or Civ V.

I do game daily but active, focused, dedicated gaming time happens a few times a week or so.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I go through stretches where I play very consistently and others where I pretty much don't play games at all. I've probably played games every day for at least the past 3 or 4 months, but before that I don't think I played anything for a solid 2 or 3 months.