Would you want the Friday show to include every website?

Battletoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Battletoad

NO. A thousand times NO. The more I think about it,  the Friday show, if done awesomely enough, could convince me to be a subscriber. If done shitty enough like TBLLS show, with sister sites piggy backing on GB's Friday show, I would not be willing to pay.
Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

I'm not sure I understand what you're proposing - are you talking about each site putting up it's own live show every single week?  Because that definitely won't happen.  Now, if you're talking about having the sites rotate hosting the show...say Screened one week, Giant Bomb the next, etc, I might be more interested.  It sounds like it's just going to be the BLLSL format though, but shorter, which I'm okay with.  I didn't get ANYTHING from the Comic Vine parts, because I'm not really into comics (at least superhero stuff), but I enjoyed the Screened and Tested dudes.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

I think the GB dudes are at their best when they're being natural.  It doesn't mean they can't use the Tricaster for funny effects.  It's better when they're acting like an indie website and less like broadcast TV.

I wouldn't want PR visits unless they're showing off something exclusive / cool.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By zidd

All of the sites should be included because its a Whiskey Media subscription and not a Giant Bomb subscription. If all of the Whiskey Sites are not accounted for then people will complain. I dont think Anime Vice will be included because I am not sure they even have a site staff at the office.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By beej

Personally I'd rather see just GB, maybe I'm a bad whiskey media member but I really only paid for this because I love Giant Bomb frankly I rarely visit any one of the other sites. I suppose I wouldn't mind small screened segments or tested, but I'd probably be happier if we never saw Anime Vice show up. I'm not so cavalier about this that I feel that those who appreciate tested shouldn't get to see them on the show, I just imagine that I'll probably not be the only person making a sandwich/going to the bathroom while they're on screen.

hershey07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By hershey07

I actually wish it was a lot like TBLLS. I really liked the distinct features each site brought. 

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By LordXavierBritish

The Anime Vice Hentai Hour.

Soulblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Soulblitz
@beej said:
" Personally I'd rather see just GB, maybe I'm a bad whiskey media member but I really only paid for this because I love Giant Bomb frankly I rarely visit any one of the other sites. "
I doubt you're the only one. Hell, I bet the vast majority of people see it more as subscribing to Giant Bomb as opposed to the whole of Whiskey Media. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the other sites, but anime and comics don't really interest me, and I don't care enough about movies to visit a dedicated site about them. I'll visit Tested occasionally because I like gadgets and tech etc, but I'm all about games, so Giant Bomb is where I spend most of my time.
Spiral_Stars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Spiral_Stars
@LordXavierBritish said:
"

"
This.
Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Zithe

I would like to see anyone be able to attend, but I would like the show to focus mostly on games unless one of the other sites has a really good idea for a segment. I hope they don't force crappy segments just to make sure everyone is represented. Think of it as a Giant Bomb show with frequent guests. This is not a prediction of what it will be, just a wish.

I'm pretty sure they have said, though, that it will mostly be a Q&A with the staff, just hanging out talking and answering questions from the members.

DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By DukeTogo

I think it's clear that it will, after all, it's for the "VIPs" that paid $50 to support WHISKEY MEDIA , not just Giant Bomb.  The show yesterday was basically a taste for what the Friday show will be like, so if you really enjoyed the Comic Vine, Screened, and Tested segments then guess what, you're going to see that every week.  Enjoy.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By sparklykiss
@Gooddoggy said:
"Now, if you're talking about having the sites rotate hosting the show...say Screened one week, Giant Bomb the next, etc, I might be more interested."  
This. This. This. A hundred times this. That way, it won't seem as crowded when they film and whatnot, too. And they'd have more time to plan, I could choose to skip a night if the content isn't something I'd like, they could come up with better things, maybe even contests that are more focused on the content they supply. I would LOVE for this to happen. This would be the best idea for everyo-

@LordXavierBritish
said:
"

"
Or this. Riffs of hentai would be the next best thing.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrKlorox

Only GB and Tested for me. Perhaps some Screened content, but not screening room. If the CV stuff is anything like the BLLS content, then fuck no. I think CV needs to step up their game to compete with the awesomeness that was the rest of the show.

But all I really want is a GB flavored OTS.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Please give me Tested, I love the As seen on TV crap.

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By adziboy

I wouldn't mind. When I finally do subscribe, I'd like to see it all. I enjoyed all of last night and props to everyone for organising it.

English

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By English

As a GB member I preferred the giantbomb content most of all and pretty much skipped the comic vine and screened segments, so I'd enjoy a GB centric live show. I liked what tested did as well, but I imagine the show would be either GB only, or everyone.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By MichaelBach

I think all sites should be featured but the time divided differently for each show based on what stuff the different sites have to offer. If one of them have a special guest they should get more time for example. 

Some sites I use a lot and some less, but all in all it's all nerdy enough for me to watch :)

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By nickux

I want the Friday show to just be filled with the best personalities. If Person A doesn't contribute much to the show- don't have him or her on. I don't care which site they're from, really, just that it's fun to watch. 

PixieNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By PixieNinja

I'm primarily interested in Giant Bomb, love everything they do, so I'd err on the side of those guys. I'm captivated every time Will reached for a spudger though, and after the performance of Will and Norm on the BLLSL, it would be a shame not to see them each week. Alex & Matt? I thought their section was weak, and as much as I like the guys, I wonder what they could add each week. Beyond that? Comic stuff just gives me a chance to have a break... 

In addition to that though? I want to see more of the people on the show! Vinny deserved some screen time, and I'd love to see Drew in front of the camera a little more, sober or otherwise...
TehJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TehJames

I want more AnimeVice.