• 63 results
#1 Posted by Nocall (356 posts) -
#2 Posted by Nocall (356 posts) -

So I just saw that the PC version of Deus Ex 3 is going to be $60. I've seen this happen before recently with other games and it just makes me roll my eyes. Does the GB community feel the same way as I do?

#3 Posted by Badhands (399 posts) -

Dragon age 2, Modern Warfare 2, prob a few others I cant think of right now.

#4 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

If the game is good yes if not They can eat a dick

#5 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -
@Nocall said:

" So I just saw that the PC version of Deus Ex 3 is going to be $60. I've seen this happen before recently with other games and it just makes me roll my eyes. Does the GB community feel the same way as I do? "

uh, it's going to be 50?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39170/?snr=1_4_4__105_1
#6 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4757 posts) -

No, I don't tend to buy games outside of steam sales though.

#7 Posted by Nocall (356 posts) -
@Laketown said:
" @Nocall said:

" So I just saw that the PC version of Deus Ex 3 is going to be $60. I've seen this happen before recently with other games and it just makes me roll my eyes. Does the GB community feel the same way as I do? "

uh, it's going to be 50? http://store.steampowered.com/app/39170/?snr=1_4_4__105_1 "
Ahh, you're absolutely right. I was looking at the "augmented edition" and didn't realize it. Still--$60 PC games. What's up with that?
#8 Posted by commandercup (500 posts) -

Yes I would. I recognize that games are getting more expensive to produce/develop and I will support the developers of games that I think are worth my money. Was SC2 $60 at launch? I can't remember, but I think that it was.

#9 Posted by plop1920 (448 posts) -

I picked D. and then I realized that I bought SC2 at launch, fuck!

#10 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -
@Nocall said:
" @Laketown said:
" @Nocall said:

uh, it's going to be 50? http://store.steampowered.com/app/39170/?snr=1_4_4__105_1 "
Ahh, you're absolutely right. I was looking at the "augmented edition" and didn't realize it. Still--$60 PC games. What's up with that? "
shut up seinfeld :D

but I bought one once NEVER AGAIN
#11 Posted by MikkaQ (10293 posts) -

Eh if you can afford the astronomical costs of a relatively good gaming PC, you can afford an extra 10$

#12 Posted by Vexxan (4621 posts) -

Depends on the game, in most cases I can wait 'til the price drops.

#13 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

The only PC game I have paid $60 for recently was SC2, and that wasn't actually recently.

I play games almost exclusively on my PC as of late, but I'm not looking to just play games I could be playing on my console.

I'm a lot more interested in indie games and other cheaper, more niche titles.
#14 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

bought many

#15 Posted by Jimbo (9814 posts) -

I would pay that and more if it was a high quality niche game, PC exclusive, or if they have put in the effort to make a decent PC version.  If it's just a shitty console port and they're trying to make more profit on a PC sale than a console sale then forget it.  Likewise I don't buy games if they try to charge significantly more here than they are charging in the US.

I pre-ordered the Augmented Edition of DX3 from Amazon for £28 ($46) inc. tax and delivery (the regular version is available for £24 from CoolShop).  I haven't had to pay more than £30 for a PC game in years.

#16 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

E. I almost never buy new full-priced games. Just can't afford it.

#17 Posted by BonOrbitz (2193 posts) -

Yes, I would and am planning to get Skyrim. I payed $60 for Oblivion and that game gave me the most playtime I've ever experienced from a single title.

#18 Posted by SomeJerk (3251 posts) -

It will have to be a helluva PC game for me to drop above full regular price (ie $60) for it.

Skyrim I have to be hopeful and say it will give me that value in playtime even if I end up not liking the dumbed down everything in it. If they deliver and give more Morrowind than Oblivion in gameplay and progression, oh baby, November will be a cold dark month in front of a computer screen. Not sure about getting a Balls of Steel DNF, but BF3 I will get a big fat edition of (remember to buy a cheap MoH for beta access)

#19 Posted by JEC03 (900 posts) -

I never payed for a pc game for 60 bucks although I will this year for BF3 and thats it because I know I will be playing that game for a year.

#20 Posted by bybeach (4832 posts) -

I did crysis 2 and I guess the Last COD game? I also bought SC2 so I must have. I don't particularly like it,being used to 50, and Bulletstorm for example is waiting for a sale. I can't bring myself to pay 60.00 for that game.
#21 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1807 posts) -

G. I'm not going to buy it. BF3 comes out around holiday 2011, so yeah.

#22 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

This might sound lazy but...

The amount of time I have to spend installing the game, patching the game, tweaking the game to get it to run properly all of that is labor to me.  Easy labor but still labor.  A console game involves putting in the game and maybe waiting while the console, but not me, patches the game.  So, that extra $10 I save with the PC game (I answered 'D' by the way) is, in my mind, a labor fee.  If I want to spend an extra $10 dollars so I don't have to deal with the hassle of PC gaming I'll buy the game on a console.

Well, that's how my brain works anyway.

#23 Posted by Patman99 (1585 posts) -

PC games have been $60 dollars here for a long time... Only the past year or so have they decreased to $50.

#24 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

I seldom try to buy console games at 60 bucks.

So far, I haven't bought a 60 dollar PC game that wasn't a special edition or something. Don't plan to break that.
#25 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

If I want it bad enough I will have to, but $50 is a good price. Especially considering half the time the game is a shitty console port, it seems kind of silly to pay full price for a half assed game.

#26 Posted by Jeust (10654 posts) -

C. I rarely buy a full priced game. 

#27 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

Starcraft II

#28 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1618 posts) -

No, I never payed 60 Bucks for a new PC game, even for the ones that were supposed to be 60 (SC2) ... there is always a way to get them cheaper. 

Imho the publishers are doing it the wrong way around by selling them for 60. I am 100% sure that the first publisher that sells a high quality title for
30 on any platform (but especially the PC) will be blown away by the success that has.
#29 Posted by Droop (1879 posts) -

Yes. MW2 and Black Ops if I remember correctly.

#30 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

I bought Dragon Age II for $60.

Not the best decision.
#31 Posted by Nocall (356 posts) -
@JasonR86 said:
" This might sound lazy but...The amount of time I have to spend installing the game, patching the game, tweaking the game to get it to run properly all of that is labor to me.  Easy labor but still labor.  A console game involves putting in the game and maybe waiting while the console, but not me, patches the game.  So, that extra $10 I save with the PC game (I answered 'D' by the way) is, in my mind, a labor fee.  If I want to spend an extra $10 dollars so I don't have to deal with the hassle of PC gaming I'll buy the game on a console.Well, that's how my brain works anyway. "

Wow, good point--I never really thought about it like that. That makes a lot of sense. 
#32 Posted by Trebz (487 posts) -

I haven't yet. $60 for a game via digital distribution is kind of ridiculous. I thought one of the benefits of no shipping, boxing or disks was that prices could be cheaper. While that hold true for sales, standard prices getting higher seems almost exploitative.

#33 Posted by BeachThunder (11946 posts) -

Possibly, but probably not. I very rarely buy full price AAA games anyway.

#34 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

I already pay more than that.

#35 Posted by Unchained (1081 posts) -

Starcraft II, Dragon Age 2 were the last ones I bought. I actually bought the CE of SC2 and double dipped on DA2. I have a good paying job, so it isn't a big deal to go an extra $10+ than the normal retail on a hobby I love. 

#36 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Yes, if the game is good enough. I haven't payed more than $50 for a game yet...

#37 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Not a fucking chance, but I've noticed the trend for Third-Party developed games to go on Steam for full retail price. It's not only absurd, it's total robbery. 

They won't even lose out, though. I'll likely get it from an online source for half the price, but it means not having it in my Steam library and they still get paid.

#suckstobethegoodguy
#38 Posted by Delusibeta (68 posts) -

No. Why bother? Unless it's by ActivisionBlizzard it's going to be half the RRP within two months.

#39 Posted by AlisterCat (5574 posts) -

I don't see what difference $10 makes, but in the UK PC games are almost half the price of most console games.

#40 Edited by Teleri (123 posts) -

I was tempted to say "No, but I never buy PC games at full price. Just wait a couple months or keep an eye out for a steam sale "  But I went with "Yes, if the game is good enough." 

I want to add that it's rare that a game is good enough for this.  It's very rare for me to find it worth it to play a new game right when it comes out. 

Also, the poll has a typo. The word "but" should be "buy"

#41 Posted by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -

No.  No game is worth $60 to me.  I will, however, buy a game that normally retails for $60 if I can find a preorder discount at $50.  I did that with Crysis 2 and will probably do so for Battlefield 3.  I have to really want to play it to pay even that much, though.
#42 Posted by Mr_Spinnington (123 posts) -

with pre-order incentives on amazon and various DD retailers, it's almost impossible to pay a full $60 for PC games

that said, i'd only pay $60 for a PC game if i absolutely had to have it.  additionally it is ludicrous to be charged retail for a release if it's digitally distributed

#43 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Yes but them being 10 dollars more than they usually are is just completely unnecessary.

#44 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

So long as the Australian dollar remains the way it is, I'll be very, very, VERY happy to spend $60US on games on services like Steam hehehe.

#45 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1041 posts) -

I bought Dragon Age 2. I don't really have a problem paying 60 dollars for a PC game, it just has to be good. Same goes for console games, though.

#46 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

I guess Starcraft 2, but I had pre-order credit back on it from my retailer so it really wasn't $60 after all. That's the only PC game I've ever paid full price for, though.

#47 Posted by Dick_Mohawk (378 posts) -

NEVER!!!!!!!

#48 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -

Yeah, I bought Starcraft, and I don't see the big deal...I've been doing it for console games for years.

#49 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -

I bought Starcraft 2 for full price. Collector's Edition even.

#50 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Yes I have.  Star Craft 2.