WOW.. Dont Buy That PlayStation Article.. CREEPY!!! from 2000

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By CoolDrMoney

More people should have bought the Dreamcast   >: (

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Aarny91

Dreamcast sucks.

KillzonePS360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By KillzonePS360
CoolDrMoney said:
"More people should have bought the Dreamcast   >: ("

no way dude, if the dreamcast prevailed gaming would have went in the dumpster. All of PS2s later gamers would be impossible on the dreamcast.. MGS, Twisted metal black God of war, just imagine if the PS2 failed where would gaming be today
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By REforever101
Aarny said:
"Dreamcast sucks."
the dreamcast was an amazing console
DaveF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By DaveF

HAha that is actually very similar to the current state of affairs.
Still, I do think this time the criticisms may be a bit more fair. I'd personally leave the Blu Ray drive out of the equation, but I think arguments about ease of development, online and game selection are valid.
Still, that is pretty funny how the media portrayed the PS2 in its early days and yet the PS2 is one of the most successful consoles to date.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Aarny91
REforever101 said:
"Aarny said:
"Dreamcast sucks."
the dreamcast was an amazing console"

It's my opinion.
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Patchinko
DaveF said:
"I'd personally leave the Blu Ray drive out of the equation, but I think arguments about ease of development, online and game selection are valid."
Eh, ease of development doesn't seem to be a problem. Game selection is, honestly, a problem with both the 360 and PS3. Xbox Live kills PSN so far, that's for sure but... leaving out the Blu Ray drive is pretty big, too.
sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By sterbacblu

This was a great article, very similar to how things are today.  I know right now Blu-Ray and some of the more expensive parts of the system seem silly, but I really think Sony will have an advantage in about a year, maybe not in console sales, but when Sony says they have a ten year plan, I really believe it.

I have all three current-gen machines and I wish everyone success in the market and only hope for more good games to come, and although previous years easily went to Microsoft, and Sony losing the huge chunk of third party domination they once had with most games now being released for both systems, Sony is starting to pull ahead in the first party race.
Justaddwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Justaddwater
Aarny said:
"REforever101 said:
"Aarny said:
"Dreamcast sucks."

It's my opinion."

Well its the wrong opinion.
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Patchinko
sterbacblu said:
"This was a great article, very similar to how things are today.  I know right now Blu-Ray and some of the more expensive parts of the system seem silly, but I really think Sony will have an advantage in about a year, maybe not in console sales, but when Sony says they have a ten year plan, I really believe it.

I have all three current-gen machines and I wish everyone success in the market and only hope for more good games to come, and although previous years easily went to Microsoft, and Sony losing the huge chunk of third party domination they once had with most games now being released for both systems, Sony is starting to pull ahead in the first party race.
"
Honestly, the price of Blu-ray players and the price of the PS3 are inexorably tied to each other. As soon as mainstream Blu-ray player prices start to drop, we'll see a PS3 price drop. Much of the hardware used to make it has become cheaper recently, and looks to continue doing so (look at the fact that they've changed from 40 to 80GB, which is cheaper now than 40 was when it came out probably, as an example).
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By keyhunter

Yeah the PS2 was pretty awful at launch and for years to come. Also my low end computer that I got years before the PS2 came out was 6 times as powerful. Everything was jaggy and looked like ass. It sold on the brand name. And of course everyone wanted to be able to play DVD's. With a DVD player that pretty much never worked. Stupid PS2.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By chililili

Meh already saw this, it was funnier the first time. Although I love the ps3 the jump from DVD to BluRay is VERY different from VHS to DVD. DVDs are smaller, have higher resolution, better sound, multiple audio and subtitle tracks, more portable and do not need rewinding!! That was a HUGE difference from VHS. Bluray is a DVD with more capacity. DVD was actually a GOOD selling point for ps2, bluray (although I love it and lvoe having the possibility of having 50 gb games) I do not think influences sales as much.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Karmum
Justaddwater said:
"Aarny said:
"REforever101 said:
"Aarny said:
"Dreamcast sucks."

It's my opinion."

Well its the wrong opinion."
Your opinion cannot be wrong, it can sound stupid or close minded, but not wrong.
Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aarny91
Karmum said:
"Justaddwater said:
"Aarny said:
"REforever101 said:
"Aarny said:
"Dreamcast sucks."

It's my opinion."

Your opinion cannot be wrong, it can sound stupid or close minded, but not wrong."

Exactly.
Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aarny91
keyhunter said:
"Aarny said:
"Karmum said:
"Justaddwater said:
"Aarny said:
"REforever101 said:
"Aarny said:
"Dreamcast sucks."

It's my opinion."

Your opinion cannot be wrong, it can sound stupid or close minded, but not wrong."

Exactly."
Actually opinions can be wrong. In this case Aarny's opinion is wrong. And he is a dick."

Why am I a dick?  I said Dreamcast sucks. It's my opinion, deal with it you fucking fag.
Justaddwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Justaddwater

of course opinions can be wrong, if all opinions were right then there wouldnt be any right. right? :P

Though there is no definitive answer for this question in particular, as it is so subjective.

Therefore! you are neither right nor wrong, its just what you think.

(though youre still wrong)

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vlademir
Karmum said:
"Justaddwater said:
"Aarny said:
"REforever101 said:
"Aarny said:
"Dreamcast sucks."

It's my opinion."

Well that's your opinion. :P
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Coltonio7

On Topic: I think that's creepy...

Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ok, retarded squabbling aside (from forum members) that article is scary. Seriously, I swear the same thing could be writting with a few replacements of the word DVD for Blu-Ray, PS2 for PS3, year changes and so on and.... it's the exact same story.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aarny91
dcpc10 said:
"Aarny said:
"dcpc10 said:
"Aarny said:
"keyhunter said:
"Karmum said:
"keyhunter said:
You are an idiot."

stfu dude...you've been stirring up nothing but lame posts to ''up'' your post count."
How?"

i've seen your post history....i reccommend you look it over too -_-"

So have i. Nothing wrong with it.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#21  Edited By mike

Actually, Aarny, I would consider one-word responses to be spam and you've got plenty of them under your belt.

That being said, this topic is locked because it serves no purpose.  OP, your original post is being deleted because of plagiarism.  If you want to copy & paste a news article, cite your source and give us your opinion about it, don't just link random articles to get a rise out of people.