#1  Edited By Hector
Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Hector

I'm having a hard deciding which game to play. I have some time in WoW, but as of lately I've been getting dragged into EVE. I'm playing the trial right now.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

I have played both trials and started an account in my friends WOW account, and I would have to say I enjoyed EVE much more. I really hate the setting of WOW simply because it's just another fantasy type setting. I love space and EVE is awesome - jumping to different systems, changing your ship up, doing jobs... it feels like a more serious game to me and I think that's better for an MMO where you spend so much time on. WOW gets boring really quick.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By PerryVandell

Neither play a game that does not require a monthly fee.

Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Korone

How insane would you say you are?

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Driadon

Depends on how much free time you have. I will always love EVE, but I find it hard to stay dedicated too because of how it's structured: I can't jump in whenever and get something done. Most everything needs to be planned out, which I both love and hate. I love immersion in games and EVE is the hard core of the hard core when it comes to that, but it suffers heavily in it's accessibility.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Barrock

A few months ago they added a Queue you can join in WoW that matches you with people doing the same dungeon you are across all servers. Its the greatest thing they've ever added ever. You can do pick up dungeons 24/7 now. 

Sadly, no experience with EVE, but it doesn't look like it would appeal to me.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By demontium

Neither

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I'd have to go with WoW. EVE is too intense for my tastes. As Driadon said, you really need to dedicate a large chunk of your life to get the most out of EVE. WoW can be played hardcore or casually and still feel rewarding.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ajamafalous

Why the hell do people come into "A or B?" threads and respond with either "Neither" or "C"?

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Coombs

WoW if you HAVE to choose one.
put 2 years into that,  (enjoyed at the time, Hate myself for it now. lol)
But I tried to play EVE enjoyed the hell out of it for about a week,
But by the end of my trial I had come to the conclusion that its just to much waiting around.
I mean the leveling system is what killed it for me, Train this skill, then the next one, and the next one, and the next one, ect, ect....
And there is no real "work" to be done in the leveling aspect, You cannot speed it up by being good, Its all about the time you put into it,  But it's not really even time put in since it levels while your not playing.  It's about how much money you have spent to keep your character leveling. I just couldn't get into it.
Like I said my first week I was in love with it, But it faded real fast.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HaltIamReptar

Listen, even the people who play EVE will straight up tell you that it takes seven months before it becomes fun.  Just sayin'

I'm an on again off again WoW player.  So I vote that.

Avatar image for aperturesilence
ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By ApertureSilence

No Caption Provided
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Coombs
@MurderByDeath said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
/thread
Obbeskrutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Obbeskrutt

Having to chose between WoW and EVE is like choosing between Quake and DeusEx. Two very different games.
I gave up on WoW a few weeks after the WotlK launch after playing since the European retail launch. After that, I went back to Guild Wars, tried a few months of WAR and EVE, and even though all those games is awesome in their own way, it's hard to ignore the fact that WoW is so established and stable compare to other games. I hate to say it, but WoW is a freakin' good game, and even though other franchises offers great quality, WoW is superior to them all in terms of gameplay, accessibility, stability and support. Though the WoW community is utterly retarded in most cases, WoW can be a very addictive and wonderful experience when played with the right people.

But please, don't take my word for it. Personally, I would never return to WoW again, but I'm glad I've played it. EVE is more slowphased and relaxed and I wouldn't mind having played EVE instead of WoW back in the days.