Wow, so the new COD bundle is such an amazing deal.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

It's 100 dollars more for 130 GB, a brand new game and an extra controller. Plus a cool design. Now, When I bought my 60GB HDD it was around 100$ with taxes and all. The game will be between 70-80$ with taxes, and the extra controller is I think 50 bucks? 

That's around 225$. (CAD, I'm not sure how to convert) 

The HDD is 130 GB more, so that's like 2 60GBs = 200$. If you want to get picky, 215$ for the extra 10 GB. 

So, lets just say it's around 330$. And you're getting this for only 100$ with the bundle. Thats a savings of 230$!!! (Wow, this sounds like such an advertisement - I'm really not. I just wanna see what you guys think! But you have to admit that it's a pretty good deal)

What a wicked deal... This is obviously Microsoft lashing back at the Slim. 

I can do my mathz :D If anyone sees any discrepancies, please notify. It's a pretty good deal for people who want Modern Warfare 2 and a new system, you'd have to admit.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By zombie2011

Its a great deal thats for sure now only if they had that bundle but with a game i was gonna buy, like ODST, or Forza 3.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xyzygy

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'm not really a COD fan so I think it would be awesome if Microsoft had another bundle this holiday with like, Assassin's Creed 2 or something.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ryanwho

You've really done the math up. Scept hey, PC HDDs quadruple that size cost the same price. Its only a good deal in the context of the Xbox's previous ripoffs.

LinksOcarina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5  Edited By LinksOcarina

But will Assasians Creed 2 move a million units like they are predicting COD will?

It makes sense from a business standpoint to put the anticipated blockbuster with a deal like this. I personally think it will be more of the same, but hey, they will make a ton of money for people who need new 360's. That is for sure. 

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RsistncE
@ryanwho said:
" You've really done the math up. Scept hey, PC HDDs quadruple that size cost the same price. Its only a good deal in the context of the Xbox's previous ripoffs. "
Qft.

The bundle still looks pretty cool though.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy
@ryanwho: Yeah, but there are a lot of people who just want a console. I know what you're saying but some people just don't want to spend so much money on keeping their gaming PC up to date, plus some poeple just like the game on their couch. I know there are a lot of alternatives, and I know what you're saying but the majority doesn't think that way, unfortunately.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By JoelTGM
@ryanwho said:
" You've really done the math up. Scept hey, PC HDDs quadruple that size cost the same price. Its only a good deal in the context of the Xbox's previous ripoffs. "
yup, good deal if you don't own a 360 yet though, obviously.  but still a ripoff for a harddrive of that size lol, but hey they can do it when they control what kind of harddrive goes in the 360.
FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By FCKSNAP
@xyzygy said:
" @ryanwho: Yeah, but there are a lot of people who just want a console. I know what you're saying but some people just don't want to spend so much money on keeping their gaming PC up to date, plus some poeple just like the game on their couch. I know there are a lot of alternatives, and I know what you're saying but the majority doesn't think that way, unfortunately. "
I think he means just buying the same drive off the shelf without the 360 encasement is way cheaper. I have double the storage on my PS3 than that bundle and it only cost 90 bones.
delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By delta_ass

So it's a great deal because Microsoft bent you over and screwed you on the 120GB drive?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xyzygy

Always negativity here, always. 

I'm saying that, if a person were to go and buy a 360, MW2 and two controllers without this bundle, they would have to pay a ton more. That's all I'm saying. 

Fuck. I just don't get people sometimes. You don't have to get all elitist on me and point out everything that is wrong with everything. Companies overprice things. People die. We shit. We get sad. These are things we can't change. 

@Snapstacle: Oh, you can buy 360 hard drives that aren't from Microsoft? I thought you could only get Microsoft made 360 HDDs. I don't really know what you mean by "without the encasement"

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24

It is a great deal, yes. End of story. I don't think some people's comments here are necessary.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By Atlas

Yeah, call me when they bundle it with Forza 3, or Dragon Age.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ninjakiller

Great deal, but PS3 is enough for me. 

Edit: Oh and my Wii, but since I haven't turned it on in say 5 months pfffft.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By gingertastic_10

My friends shit bricks when I told them. Though, it's not going to make me go out and buy a 360.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By FCKSNAP
@xyzygy said:
"@Snapstacle: Oh, you can buy 360 hard drives that aren't from Microsoft? I thought you could only get Microsoft made 360 HDDs. I don't really know what you mean by "without the encasement" "
You can make some "unofficial" modifications. It just makes your thing look ugly.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By jakob187

The extra controller and the copy of Modern Warfare 2 alone make it the best deal of the year.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zombie2011
@jakob187 said:
" The extra controller and the copy of Modern Warfare 2 alone make it the best deal of the year. "
Until the PSP Go comes out that is. I mean $250 for a UMDless psp sounds to good to be true.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xyzygy
@zombie2011 said:
" @jakob187 said:
" The extra controller and the copy of Modern Warfare 2 alone make it the best deal of the year. "
Until the PSP Go comes out that is. I mean $250 for a UMDless psp sounds to good to be true. "
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not... so I'm just gonna say that it is :P It's hard to tell whether you actually think that'll be a good deal (which i sincerely hope you don't) or if you're just joking, I find it hard to tell from white plain text, nothing against you though it's a fault of mine own.
Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Damien
@Atlas said:
"Yeah, call me when they bundle it with Forza 3, or Dragon Age. "
Consider yourself called, son
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zombie2011
@xyzygy said:
" @zombie2011 said:
" @jakob187 said:
Until the PSP Go comes out that is. I mean $250 for a UMDless psp sounds to good to be true. "
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not... so I'm just gonna say that it is :P It's hard to tell whether you actually think that'll be a good deal (which i sincerely hope you don't) or if you're just joking, I find it hard to tell from white plain text, nothing against you though it's a fault of mine own. "
Its sarcasm, i forgot it doesn't work over the internet.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xyzygy
@Damien said:
" @Atlas said:
"Yeah, call me when they bundle it with Forza 3, or Dragon Age. "
Consider yourself called, son "
Wow, that's awesome. It's like Microsoft came on these boards and read that so many people wanted that. You definitely aren't the first person I've seen on GB who wanted that bundle, Atlas.