• 56 results
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Remember when people thought this might be the game to make the wii look like a bordeline Ps3/360 game?

How about it doesn't even compete with Halo 2 and those good games still?  How about it  looks just like any other wii game?

Conduit
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14248157/the-conduit/videos/conduit_devfeaturesvid_011509.html

Halo 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8E97FkvOKY

Why do Wii games continue to look worse than last generation games?  How about stop trying to go beyond your boundaries.  Make things look good with what you have. 

Maybe it's just the fact that the Conduit is trying to push but fails and Halo 2 has an art style that makes it not age as badly, but seriously?

Never mind competiting with Conker
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/6559.html

Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Edgar

Dude, why is it that I cringe every time I see a topic started by you?

And anyway. How old is that video? I remember hearing how they had stepped up the graphics after switching engines, but I could be wrong.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bullet_Jr

Bitch, bitch, bitch.

Am I the only one who can see a game for what it is, a goddamn game?!

I'm just stoked that the Wii's getting a FPS game like the Conduit.

Jesus H. Christ! It's 2009! We knew the graphics of the Wii sucked for years. Can we just let this one die? Please?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

^ I'm not hating on the conduit itself, even though I think it's just a meh generic shooter.
that being said, it is a game being hyped for its graphics...somehow

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Well, I'd hate to say that when competiting with Xbox games . . . competiting? . . . you'd see the Conduit has much better lighting effects than the last generation systems. That makes a large difference.

I also find it funny that you call out developers to "Make things look good with what you have," right after comparing the game to others. Isn't that hypocritical? The Conduit looks amazing given what they have.

So, there's my competiting viewpoint.
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bullet_Jr
SmugDarkLoser said:
"^ I'm not hating on the conduit itself, even though I think it's just a meh generic shooter.
that being said, it is a game being hyped for its graphics...somehow"
Uh, yeah. It's being hyped as a good looking game....FOR WII.

Of course it's not going to look impressive when compared to other recent FPS games on other (stronger) consoles.

I'm officially not acknowledging Wii graphic complaints any more because everyone and their Wii-playing grandma knows that the Wii's graphics arent' great.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By JoelTGM

Looks like a cool game, but yeah first thing I thought when I saw that was "is that goldeneye for the N64?"

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Arkthemaniac
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"Looks like a cool game, but yeah first thing I thought when I saw that was "is that goldeneye for the N64?""
I think everyone on this site needs a memory jolt every 5 minutes so we can avoid idiocy.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks
Remember when people thought this might be the game to make the wii look like a bordeline Ps3/360 game?

I don't recall such nonsense happening at all myself, here or elsewhere on other game sites.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By get2sammyb

I was suitably impressed. It looked a little oversaturated (may be the quality of the video capture or something) but that aside was rather impressive.

It's hyped for it's graphics because it's going to be one of the better looking Wii games out there. And it's attempting to do a lot of things that will be awesome for Wii-only owners.

Personally, this game will not be for me, but a lot of the Wii audience will totally lap this up.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JoelTGM

Well sorry but that was the first thing that came to mind for me.  Hah, watching that video... man I forgot how awesome goldeneye was. 

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I gotta take a break from this site before I just end it.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

The thing is guys.  I directly compare wii games to Ps3 and 360 games graphically.  When I played Mario Galaxy, I didn't say "wow, this looks good for a wii game".   No, when I thought about the graphics I was thinking "wow, this looks meh. not bad because they know their limits, but meh". 
Why shouldn't I exactly?  The wii costs more than a 360.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac

That's because your piece of shit system has a failure rate higher than the LITERACY RATE OF CANADA.

Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Edgar
SmugDarkLoser said:
"The thing is guys.  I directly compare wii games to Ps3 and 360 games graphically.  When I played Mario Galaxy, I didn't say "wow, this looks good for a wii game".   No, when I thought about the graphics I was thinking "wow, this looks meh. not bad because they know their limits, but meh". 
Why shouldn't I exactly?  The wii costs more than a 360."
By this logic you should also compare how good the motion sensing capabilities of 360 games are to that of Wii games.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jakob187

The Conduit is being hyped for the graphics is displays ON THE WII, so take it for what it is.  Moreover, this game is far more fluid, solid, and offers better textures than what Halo 2 did.  Therefore, I don't understand your gripes for being anything more than Halo fanboyism, Smug.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#17  Edited By Icemael
SmugDarkLoser said:
"The thing is guys.  I directly compare wii games to Ps3 and 360 games graphically.  When I played Mario Galaxy, I didn't say "wow, this looks good for a wii game".   No, when I thought about the graphics I was thinking "wow, this looks meh. not bad because they know their limits, but meh". 
But as opposed to the 360, the Wii has motion control. When I play Dead Space on my 360, I don't think "wow, these controls are meh. Not bad because they have their limits, but meh". I think "wow, this controls good for a 360 shooter".
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Edgar said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
By this logic you should also compare how good the motion sensing capabilities of 360 games to that of Wii games."

Yea, we do. 
That being said, motion isn't exactly better than a regular controller.

All consoles have a standard comparison.  Even with persona 4, I'm directly comparing the graphics. There's no reason not to.  If not we should say graphics now are better than the past.
This is only different, to an extent, with handhelds as they are well, portable. 

Because if not we can't possibly make Ps3 Xbox 360 comparisons when obviously they have different hardware strengths. 

It's just foolish to hype a wii game for having good graphics.  I play my 360.  I play my wii.  It's not exactly relative in any way
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By get2sammyb
Arkthemaniac said:
"That's because your piece of shit system has a failure rate higher than the LITERACY RATE OF CANADA."
Fantastic. Can't help but laugh. Can this be considered as (what forum goers call) a "meltdown"?

Did Smug just suggest that Mario Galaxy was a bad looking game by the way? I thought that game looked absolutely brilliant.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gizmo

It's lazy of Nintendo to develop such a technically backward console as the Wii. I have lost all respect for them.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
get2sammyb said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"That's because your piece of shit system has a failure rate higher than the LITERACY RATE OF CANADA."
Fantastic. Can't help but laugh. Can this be considered as (what forum goers call) a "meltdown".

Did Smug just suggest that Mario Galaxy was a bad looking game by the way? I thought that game looked absolutely brilliant."

I thought Mario looked okay.  It was fine for what it did.   Unlike the conduit, it didn't push over what it could with a frizz like look to the screen.
The conduit just has this "i look bad quality" trying to push for something good.  Mario just made with what it had.

That being said, Kameo has a similar style and that looks awesome.  Same with Banjo and Blue Dragon.
Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Edgar
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Edgar said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
By this logic you should also compare how good the motion sensing capabilities of 360 games to that of Wii games."

Yea, we do. 

All consoles have a standard comparison.  Even with persona 4, I'm directly comparing the graphics. There's no reason not to.  If not we should say graphics now are better than the past.
This is only different, to an extent, with handhelds as they are well, portable. 
"
I guess At the Movies would be considered motion sensing. But, hmmm, I think I would agree that motion sensing should be treated the same as regular non-motion sensing controls.  Good point.

That being said, there must be a better way to express your opinion rather saying "these graphics suck."
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bullet_Jr
Gizmo said:
"It's lazy of Nintendo to develop such a technically backward console as the Wii. I have lost all respect for them."
What do you mean? Please elaborate.

The Wii is a solid console.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By crunchUK

What were you expecting from the wii????

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By get2sammyb
Gizmo said:
"It's lazy of Nintendo to develop such a technically backward console as the Wii. I have lost all respect for them."
Their bank manager hasn't. Touche?
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Dude, The Conduit looks fantastic, especially considering it's a Wii game. Besides, some of the things they're doing are revolutionary for an FPS period.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Jayge_
Arkthemaniac said:
Now that's just as bad if not worse than Smug. Remember what happened when you broke down last time Ark? That wasn't pretty. Avoid that. For all of our sakes.

Anyway, that footage impressed me a lot. Not many other games even bother trying to bring as much out of the Wii as The Conduit is. The game looks smooth, fun, and I look forward to hopefully picking it up.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Gizmo said:
Good job you win now please leave through the door from whence you came which shall be your punishment for being a broken record.
All the Wii hate is the same. "OMG NITNETNDO PUT OUT A COSOLE W/O TEH GRAFIX OMG NO RESPECK NO MORE!" "OMG NITNEIDO MADE MOTIN CONTRLS W/O PRECISION OMG PHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL." "OMG NTINDINEINDO MAEK GAEMS FOR TEH CASUL GMRS NAO OMG WTF I BEN WITH THEM SINCE SNES LEAM!!!"

Save it. We don't care if you respect a goddamn thing anyone does. Come up with something new.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Jayge said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
Now that's just as bad if not worse than Smug. Remember what happened when you broke down last time Ark? That wasn't pretty. Avoid that. For all of our sakes.

Anyway, that footage impressed me a lot. Not many other games even bother trying to bring as much out of the Wii as The Conduit is. The game looks smooth, fun, and I look forward to hopefully picking it up."
Too late, just did.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Edgar said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"Edgar said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:

Yea, we do. 

"
I guess At the Movies would be considered motion sensing. But, hmmm, I think I would agree that motion sensing should be treated the same as regular non-motion sensing controls.  Good point.

That being said, there must be a better way to express your opinion rather saying "these graphics suck.""

Well, you know, I like coming down harsh, teh lulz?
It's just this game doesn't look good graphically.  I just saw this video and I was stunned.  It looks no better than what I played on the Ps2 last gen.

I compare the Conduit's graphics directly with Killzone 2, Star Ocean 4, Gears of War, etc.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pause422
SmugDarkLoser said:
"

How about it doesn't even compete with Halo 2 and those good games still?  How about it  looks just like any other wii game?

Conduit
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14248157/the-conduit/videos/conduit_devfeaturesvid_011509.html

Halo 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8E97FkvOKY

Why do Wii games continue to look worse than last generation games?  How about stop trying to go beyond your boundaries.  Make things look good with what you have. 

Maybe it's just the fact that the Conduit is trying to push but fails and Halo 2 has an art style that makes it not age as badly, but seriously?

Never mind competiting with Conker
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/6559.html

"
I'd honestly like to know exactly who had any brief hope the conduit would look like anything special, yet I kept hearing so many times about its visuals, and they looked barely like an updated half life 1 imo. The game "Black" for the Xbox looks far superior in terms of quality that even that, and they had the extra few effects like depth of field and blur that the conduit is trying to make sound "mindblowing". Until proven wrong one day, if ever, as far as now we've never seen a game on the Wii that even looks as good as some Xbox 1 games. And no, don't say super mario galaxy, because the game did look good visually, but it was all the way they did the art style, not at all technically. I think that's what the Wii should do, people should just try different art styles that look good, because its never going to have the technical chops to "look good" that way at all.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Endogene
Edgar said:
And anyway. How old is that video? I remember hearing how they had stepped up the graphics after switching engines, but I could be wrong."
That video was released today along another video that focuses more on the progress they made. Some of the rooms look pretty blocky but the character models however look really good. The game looks like it is running really smooth, fragfest ahoy.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

^ are we being serious here?  that looks no better than anything last gen

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Endogene

Heh embedding messed up the video pretty bad.

edit:
SmugDarkLoser said:

"^ are we being serious here?  that looks no better than anything last gen"
Must be for the post above mine.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By get2sammyb
SmugDarkLoser said:
You're looking through rose tinted glasses. Those new Conduit videos (particularly the one Endogene linked to) show lighting far superior to anything last generation. It's certainly a little rough around the edges and needs smoothing out I'm not denying that but, I think it looks fantastic so far.

How far from release is it? I just feel if they can soften some of the colours it's going to look genuinely very impressive.
NinjaSquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By NinjaSquirrel

Whatever, man. You can think what you want. For the wii that game looks great.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bullet_Jr
SmugDarkLoser said:
Uh, no.

It's a damn, good game and even if the graphics aren't cream of the crop, all of the gameplay elements are customizable.

I'd hate to think that I'm socializing with a graphics whore. Remember fellows, gameplay is the key ingredient to a good game, not graphics.

So if the graphics suck (by your standards), I can live with that :)
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By CoolDrMoney

It's cool how you manage to make Halo fans look even worse with every post you make

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bullet_Jr
CoolDrMoney said:
"It's cool how you manage to make Halo fans look even worse with every post you make"
The only problem I have ever had with Halo was the people who played it.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By AndrewGaspar
SmugDarkLoser said:
What were you expecting? Killzone 2 graphics? The Wii is using last generation hardware and the Conduit is looking really good for using old technology.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
get2sammyb said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
You're looking through rose tinted glasses. Those new Conduit videos (particularly the one Endogene linked to) show lighting far superior to anything last generation. It's certainly a little rough around the edges and needs smoothing out I'm not denying that but, I think it looks fantastic so far.

How far from release is it? I just feel if they can soften some of the colours it's going to look genuinely very impressive."

You know what.  The Riddick looks significantly better than anything on xbox

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By CoolDrMoney
Bullet_Jr said:
"CoolDrMoney said:
"It's cool how you manage to make Halo fans look even worse with every post you make"
The only problem I have ever had with Halo was the people who played it."
Same. I really like Halo 2 and 3's multiplayer gameplay, but the community is just about as bad as people say they are.
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By keyhunter

It's kind of hard to make graphics as good as an XBOX, when your console is only capable of half the resolution. No wii game will look as good as Halo 2 or Conker ever. Nintendo made sure of that when they gave the wii 800 mhz of processing power and a graphics card from 2002. And the fact that wii's heat up more than a 360 is extremely disturbing. Nintendo fucked this one up, not the developers of "The conduit".

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Arkthemaniac

It's releasing in Spring of this year, get2sammyb, probably after MadWorld.

You know, I may be freaking out a little too much, but seriously . . . The Conduit was developed as an independent game. They built this game without funding from a publisher. I'd like to think, considering some members of this site are so proud as to say we have one of the most reasonable, intelligent communities in the videogame realm, that you could respect something like that. High Voltage has made nothing but shovelware for the past few generations, as well as Leisure Suit Larry. Movie games galore. When they decide, "You know what? This sucks. Let's put some cash together and make our own game!" They do this, and what do you guys say? "WELL IT LOOKS WORSE THAN GOLDENEYE, LOOKS EARLY PS2ISH, IS ASS COMPARED TO HALO 3", both of which were backed by major publishers.

I'd like to think the game industry isn't so caste as to force a team that has been making shovelware into making more and more till the end of time. Obviously, some of you would be happier if that were the case. I would not, though, because I own a Wii and play it more than my 360. SmugDarkLoser, do you own a Wii? Have you played it recently? No, because there's no games, right? Well, I've found ways to keep myself entertained with the lineup since mid-2007. If you want quality Wii titles, go get some. They're there.

However, if you don't own a Wii, what are you bitching about? Also . . .

keyhunter said:
And the fact that wii's heat up more than a 360 is extremely disturbing.

You are high if you think that.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#46  Edited By Meowayne

A Wii graphics thread? Seriously?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Arkthemaniac

It was started by a 360 fanboy who is also a moron. That piece of info makes things much clearer.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By keyhunter

Also, the conduit looks really good, it's just displayed at a low resolution. And the framerate is excellent.

And I'm serious about Wii's heating up more than a 360. I have to leave mine unplugged so that it doesn't start a damned fire. My friend's also does that.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By pause422

I think if anything though the devs really should focus more on show a lot more gameplay and anything anyone maybe hasn't seen yet, I mean if its a totally solid fun game that's one thing, but it seems the only thing they're interested in is showing its tech, and since its not impressive at all I think its kind of a mistake.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Arkthemaniac

You can't show tech without showing gameplay. Also, why give away every battle in the game?