• 67 results
Avatar image for the_great_skenardo
the_great_skenardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@CountRockula: Look, I ain't saying anything, but if you go to this one address on 53rd street, knock and tell the guy "Dream Drop Distance" Then maybe he'll hook you up.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By MikeGosot
@Foggen said:

@MikeGosot said:

@WarlockEngineerMoreDakka said:

@Foggen said:

I can't get over how they're treating Zangief.

Me neither- and I won't be surprised if that's something they just leave to interpretation. :P

Well, he's a Russian. And i believe that SFII was launched in Cold War, sooooo...

Yeah, but all he wanted to do was win the tournament and dance with Gorbachev. Nothing sinister.

He worked with Bison in the anime/comics.
AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@ZombiePie said:

Hopefully this movie means I wont have the horribly disappointing of having to explain what an "arcade" is to young kids who say they like playing video games. Also I'm happy to see they used The Talking Head's Once in a Lifetime.

What is this "arcade" thing, grandpa?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

@GreggD: For me personally, Scott Pilgrim was about a completely unlikable guy fawning over a girl with absolutely no personality. The video game stuff was just kinda secondary.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Harkat

@Sweep said:

I missed this thread and just made a duplicate, but then spotted this one. Fortunately I possess MOD POWERS so was able to erase my mistake before anyone noticed. Sort of like when I got my girlfriend pregnant.

Can you tell me that story, uncle Sweep?

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Harkat

@FluxWaveZ said:

I wonder if there's going to be a video game of this.

First one to make a "-ception" joke, I will frown and be very disappointed at.

Foggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Foggen

@MikeGosot said:

@Foggen said:

@MikeGosot said:

@Foggen said:

Me neither- and I won't be surprised if that's something they just leave to interpretation. :P

Well, he's a Russian. And i believe that SFII was launched in Cold War, sooooo...

Yeah, but all he wanted to do was win the tournament and dance with Gorbachev. Nothing sinister.

Maybe so, but in the Alpha series he's on a mission for Gorbachev, first to win tournaments and seek glory and then to destroy Bison's Psycho Drive. If we go by the core SF series story he has no motivations besides being the best and seeking glory, and if we expand beyond that Alpha contradicts the notion that he was a Shadaloo agent in any way. The games' story has to trump the anime and comics if they come in any kind of conflict.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By Justin258

Nice, I fucking love it.

The trailer and idea, that is. Can't call anything on the movie yet, but I'll have to see this one at some point.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By MikeGosot
@Foggen said:

@MikeGosot said:

@Foggen said:

@MikeGosot said:

@Foggen said:

Maybe so, but in the Alpha series he's on a mission for Gorbachev, first to win tournaments and seek glory and then to destroy Bison's Psycho Drive. If we go by the core SF series story he has no motivations besides being the best and seeking glory, and if we expand beyond that Alpha contradicts the notion that he was a Shadaloo agent in any way. The games' story has to trump the anime and comics if they come in any kind of conflict.

He also kicked the ass of someone at DIsney when he was a kid, so he's a villain.
Foggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Foggen

@MikeGosot said:

@Foggen said:

@MikeGosot said:

@Foggen said:

@MikeGosot said:

@Foggen said:

He also kicked the ass of someone at DIsney when he was a kid, so he's a villain.

Heh, that's probably it. Somebody played HD Remix, got piledrivered four times in a row, and said OH MY GOD SO CHEAP BAD GUY.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I will certainly go see this.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#62  Edited By retrovirus

Well that's interesting. I'm interested in the cameo potential for this, and the trailer doesn't look bad. I'm not a big fan of Silverman, but hopefully she won't be too annoying.

Psychohead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Psychohead

Yeah, not gonna lie, that trailer pushed all the right buttons. I hope it's good, because I'm definitely being manipulated and I don't even care. If it's actually good, that'll almost just be icing.

Well, except for the thing with Zangief. Man, what? A bad guy? But kids love the Red Cyclone!

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#64  Edited By Commisar123

Well I thought M. Bison should have talked instead of Zangeiff, I mean he isn't really even a bad guy.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#65  Edited By dietmango

Haha I flipped my shit when I saw Bowser and Zangief. Definitely seeing this.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MiniPato

Aside from the parodies, I'm not sure about some of the original writing in the trailer, specifically the bit at the end with the girl just repeating everything that Ralph says.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By FluxWaveZ