Writing application.

JetTripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JetTripper
I was on some website reading an article about the upcoming Halo: Reach when I noticed that the guy writing the article had never actually played any Halo games. I wanted to rant to someone about why this reviewer was just so wrong, but I didn't have an outlet. That is, until I saw what was under the article. See, there was an application form for aspiring writers to apply to the website, so I thought, who better to rant to than some poor guy reading through applications. And then off I went to apply as a writing/rant about stuff. Here's what I wrote, for your viewing pleasure.

I'm interested in becoming a writer here. I know very little about the English language, but I can spell "Tuesday" correctly so that should count for something.

I know a lot, and I mean A LOT, about video games and I'm a damned good writer. Or at least a damned good-looking one.

I like almost all games except for sports games 'cause they're repetitive and puzzle games because they're gay.

I don't know why I'm even writing this. I suppose I'm like a hero and I feel that I have to save the general population from terrible reviews.

You see, In the article I just finished reading entitled "Halo: Reach- Revolution or Evolution," the writer stated that "All of the games bearing the name Halo have been extraordinarily good, and we expect nothing less off Bungie’s upcoming First Person Shooter epic, Halo: Reach."

That's a lie. In fact, the only thing that's been improving in the series is the campaign, while the multiplayer has been getting progressively worse since the first installment. See, I think he was confusing the word "New" with "Good."

The most recent Halo games added something new to Halo, that doesn't necessarily make them improvements. Like, if I used a rope to attach a cannon to my cat's back, it might be something new and different, but it doesn't make it an improvement and my cat would probably be pissed as shit. So while adding something like sprint to the game does make it better, adding an ability that allows you to punch the ground, become invincible and drain your opponent's shields isn't exactly the best idea I've heard all day.

That's not to say that there's no hope for this game, because there is. So much in fact as Forge and custom games allow players to play only with the content that they want. But Bungie NEEDS to get down the fundamentals, the things that can't be edited custom settings, things like the actual weapons themselves.

See, Bungie has always had this idea that there shouldn't be a single weapon that's pretty good in all situations. Instead, they want give other weapons game time by making some guns only good some of the time, which is retarded for a competitive game. In CE, the pistol was the only weapon you needed to use to kill someone. Halo 2 had more of a BattleRifle/Snipe thing going on, but you could do well using just your BR. In Halo 3, however,  they tried to uh... Make the BR Mid range weapon. In order to do that, they made the Assault Rifle better at close range. Oh, also, they nerfed the BR's accuracy too. So, it didn't really work effectively as a mid-long range weapon either. Well it did... Sometimes. It's really inaccurate.

Reach's DMR aka the BR 1.0 (This is before Halo:CE) is very accurate... Until you fire it, anyway. See, this time around, they added weapon bloom. That means, the more you fire, the more inaccurate your gun becomes until you stop firing. So when using that gun, there are really two schools of thought on how to fire it. You can either:
A) Fire it as fast as you can and pray your shots hit.
B) Wait half a second in between each shot to guarantee they will hit.

Now while that stuff may sound all well and good, Bungie's actually doing something that you really want to avoid when making competitive multiplayer game; they're creating a scenario where luck determines the victor.

If you wait the half-second in between each of your shots, you can guarantee that your fifth shot will kill him, but if he just sprays as fast as he can, he can get 7-8 shots off at you in the same amount of time. So if he gets lucky and his shots just happenss to hit you, by chance, even though you're not missing, he can still win. It creates kind of a problem for competitive play.

Now, it's 6 in the morning and just realized I have nothing else to say. You can uhh... Get back to me about my application, I guess.
JetTripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JetTripper

Bumped for epic bumpingness.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Cramsy

WELCOME ABOARD 

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wrighteous86

So a writer said that Halo games were good, which you agree with, but you assumed he'd never played them before for holding that opinion.  You then decided to bitch to someone completely unrelated to both the article and the game about what you think is wrong with Halo: Reach.  Through your typos and lame attempts at humor using base analogies, you said what you felt was wrong with the game, and since the writer didn't mention your opinions as fact, that he was not doing his job.  You thought this made you clever and badass, so you just had to share it with a bunch of strangers on the internet, and when nobody commented after a day, you felt it was important enough to bump again to get the attention you think it deserved?

I don't really like Halo's multiplayer, but I don't see why this doesn't just make you an internet nerd hating on someone's opinion because it differs from yours and looking for validation from a message board that you're clever, funny, and better than this writer and the entire staff at Bungie.  God bless you, sir.

Pandasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pandasaurus

If you want to get a job as a writer for a website, I would recommend: 
A: being less of an abrasive dick. 
B: avoiding questioning the credentials of those already working at that website.
C: writing in a style that doesn't make you look like a bad humoured and arrogant nerd. 
D: learn how to use ellipse properly- you're not a 13 year old girl writing a blog on myspace.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

What website is this? I wish to crush your dreams by accomplishing them for myself :P.

AndrewG009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7  Edited By AndrewG009
Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@Pandasaurus said:
" If you want to get a job as a writer for a website, I would recommend: A: being less of an abrasive dick. B: avoiding questioning the credentials of those already working at that website.C: writing in a style that doesn't make you look like a bad humoured and arrogant nerd. D: learn how to use ellipse properly- you're not a 13 year old girl writing a blog on myspace. "
OP listen to this man. He speaketh the truth.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King
@AndrewG009: 

Not right now, it isn't There are no Tactics Ogre guides out there that can help me, and Google isn't exactly being helpful. Besides, given that Reach is a big game, there are tons of articles out there.
JetTripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JetTripper
@Wrighteous86 said:

" So a writer said that Halo games were good, which you agree with, but you assumed he'd never played them before for holding that opinion.  You then decided to bitch to someone completely unrelated to both the article and the game about what you think is wrong with Halo: Reach.  Through your typos and lame attempts at humor using base analogies, you said what you felt was wrong with the game, and since the writer didn't mention your opinions as fact, that he was not doing his job.  You thought this made you clever and badass, so you just had to share it with a bunch of strangers on the internet, and when nobody commented after a day, you felt it was important enough to bump again to get the attention you think it deserved? 

I don't really like Halo's multiplayer, but I don't see why this doesn't just make you an internet nerd hating on someone's opinion because it differs from yours and looking for validation from a message board that you're clever, funny, and better than this writer and the entire staff at Bungie.  God bless you, sir. "

Isn't that why everyone is here, to hear nerds talk about video games?

Also, you're kind of wrong, hating would be saying that Halo 3 is bad and then stopping. I'm at least giving a somewhat reasonable explanation as to why I believe that it's not a good game.

Why does everyone rip on the typos? I wrote it a 6 in the morning! D:

@Pandasaurus said:

" If you want to get a job as a writer for a website, I would recommend: 
A: being less of an abrasive dick. 
B: avoiding questioning the credentials of those already working at that website.
C: writing in a style that doesn't make you look like a bad humoured and arrogant nerd. 
D: learn how to use ellipse properly- you're not a 13 year old girl writing a blog on myspace. "

A) Eh, I suppose I could.
B) I wasn't really applying, it was more like just raging.
C) You don't seem to realize exactly how many games of halo I've played. Yes, I am arrogant, but with good reason. I've literally played thousands of games.
D) I never knew the word for that. Thanks. You learn something new every day.
AndrewG009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11  Edited By AndrewG009
@Video_Game_King: I just googled the whole name of the article as provided by OP - but for the sake of ease linked to it in my post. I'm nice like that. :)
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By wrighteous86
@JetTripper said:

" @Wrighteous86 said:

" So a writer said that Halo games were good, which you agree with, but you assumed he'd never played them before for holding that opinion.  You then decided to bitch to someone completely unrelated to both the article and the game about what you think is wrong with Halo: Reach.  Through your typos and lame attempts at humor using base analogies, you said what you felt was wrong with the game, and since the writer didn't mention your opinions as fact, that he was not doing his job.  You thought this made you clever and badass, so you just had to share it with a bunch of strangers on the internet, and when nobody commented after a day, you felt it was important enough to bump again to get the attention you think it deserved? 

I don't really like Halo's multiplayer, but I don't see why this doesn't just make you an internet nerd hating on someone's opinion because it differs from yours and looking for validation from a message board that you're clever, funny, and better than this writer and the entire staff at Bungie.  God bless you, sir. "

Also, you're kind of wrong, hating would be saying that Halo 3 is bad and then stopping. I'm at least giving a somewhat reasonable explanation as to why I believe that it's not a good game.

This post wasn't about Halo though.  This post was about you building up your e-peen and showing everyone how hard it was.  This post was about your ego.  

Backing up your own opinion as fact is still hating.  You're attacking him for having a different opinion, and you didn't even have the balls to give your opinion to him.  You gave it to the person who reads job applications at that website, you internet badass, you.

I ripped on typos because these typos existed in a letter you were writing about how terrible someone else is at writing.   I also ripped on your writing style and your attempts at humor, but apparently even you realize that there is no defending them.

You know, if your letter was actually clever or funny, rather than just bitching and moaning about Halo, you might have found some people laughing at it.  So far it looks like no one gives a shit.  Looks like you tried really hard this time, so maybe you should just give up.

By the way, the Halo games are still some of the most-played games on Xbox Live.  Obviously there is a large audience, including yourself, that is served by that type of gameplay.  If nobody liked it, nobody would play it.  Again, bitching about a writer not expressing problems you have with the series is just that--bitching.
EVHKwick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By EVHKwick
@JetTripper said:
"...and I'm a damned good writer. Or at least a damned good-looking one."
No you aren't. You submitted that as an application for employment. Hell, you really don't seem to understand comma use.

Also, and I'm saying this as a former editor, arrogant ranting and preaching your opinion as fact are pretty awesome ways to get your application thrown out.
JetTripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JetTripper
@Wrighteous86 said:

" @JetTripper said:

" @Wrighteous86 said:

This post wasn't about Halo though.  This post was about you building up you e-peen and showing everyone how hard it was.  This post was about your ego.    

Backing up your own opinion as fact is still hating.  You're attacking him for having a different opinion, and you didn't even have the balls to give your opinion to him.  You gave it to the person who reads job applications at that website, you internet badass, you. 

I ripped on typos because these typos existed in a letter you were writing about how terrible someone else is at writing.   I also ripped on your writing style and your attempts at humor, but apparently even you realize that there is no defending them. 

You know, if your letter was actually clever or funny, rather than just bitching and moaning about Halo, you might have found some people laughing at it.  So far it looks like no one gives a shit.  Looks like you tried really hard this time, so maybe you should just give up.  

By the way, the Halo games are still some of the most-played games on Xbox Live.  Obviously there is a large audience, including yourself you annoying little brat, that is served by that type of gameplay.  If nobody liked it, nobody would play it.  Again, bitching about a writer not expressing problems you have with the series is just that--bitching. " 

See, now that's just not fair. I couldn't exactly give the writer my opinion seeing as how I had no means to.

Now this did start off as a rant and I was going to troll, but towards the end, I decided to actually write a legitimate article about the fundamental things needed for Halo: Reach to work well and why the previous games had failed at that. Just because you didn't like the way I wrote it does not mean that you had to come in here, guns blazing, shooting down every possible vulnerable thing in sight (I would also like to note that you had nothing to say about the actual information in the post, only the quality of the writing itself.) In essence, you are more infantile than I, in my rage-filled rant, could ever have hoped to be. Saying that my argument is invalid because of the way in which is was presented is about as childish as thinking you won an argument because you shouted louder. 

I know that this may come as a shock to you, but there were actual legitimate points in my post. You probably didn't get to read them seeing as how you mashed the reply button and started raging after you read the first 3 paragraphs. You internet children have gotten too used to trying to shoot down everything you see just because you can. Don't be so trigger-happy and maybe you'll learn something once in a while.
JohnRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JohnRabbit
@JetTripper said:

That's a lie. In fact, the only thing that's been improving in the series is the campaign, while the multiplayer has been getting progressively worse since the first installment.

I stopped reading after this sentence.  Good luck proving to an EIC that you're a "capable writer" when you're unable to separate quantifiable objective fact from personal subjective bias.  The above statement is a declaration of personal opinion; using it as an argument to prove the original author's own assertion of personal opinion a fallacy is akin to blaming a dog for not being a hamburger.  The logic is flawed and holds zero weight.

Good luck with your writing career.
Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zimbo
@hack745 said:
" @JetTripper said:
"...and I'm a damned good writer. Or at least a damned good-looking one."
No you aren't. You submitted that as an application for employment. Hell, you really don't seem to understand comma use.  Also, and I'm saying this as a former editor, arrogant ranting and preaching your opinion as fact are pretty awesome ways to get your application thrown out. "
Wooosh
Avatar image for metalgeargeorge
MetalGearGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MetalGearGeorge
@JohnRabbit: Damn man you must be the most articulate gamer ever!!!! You should be applying for editor!!!
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@JetTripper: So you were mad at the writer because he said the Halo franchise is good but you thought he hadn't played any Halo games (Because honestly, who likes Halo games. I mean really? And opinions? Well fuck those!), so you sent in a "rant" in the form of an application saying why you thought Halo: Reach is going to be bad and what could fix it even though YOU have never played the retail game?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ArcLyte

your use of the word 'gay' to describe puzzle games instantly discredits everything you've said and will say.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By WickedCestus

This is really dumb. Here's my advice: 

Stop being a bitch. 
Listen to everyone in this thread telling you how stupid you are. 
Become a better person because of it. 

EDIT: Also, I checked the article, and you could have just left a comment on the page instead of complaining to a completely unrelated person.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Three0neFive
@ArcLyte said:
" your use of the word 'gay' to describe puzzle games instantly discredits everything you've said and will say. "
That's pretty gay.
ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ArcLyte
@Three0neFive said:
" @ArcLyte said:
" your use of the word 'gay' to describe puzzle games instantly discredits everything you've said and will say. "
That's pretty gay. "
woah i just got served!
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By wrighteous86
@JetTripper: You could've commented on the article, like supermike6 said.  Even if there were no means to contact the writer, writing to the person accepting applications was not an appropriate alternative. 

Your letter was not a legitimate argument, and I did complain about the content of the letter, just like everyone else.  You're stating opinion as fact.  That is the biggest mistake someone can make.  

Here's an example similar to your Halo one.  Super Mario Kart required skill.  The player who had the most skill tended to win.  As the series went on, they added more random elements to the gameplay with items like blue shells and Bullet Bills, which made it easy for players in last place to suddenly get near the top of the bracket in a matter of seconds, little-to-no skill required.  Hardcore gamers in general balked at the idea.  Guess what?  Mario Kart still sells millions, and there are plenty of gamers who think the most casual-accessible iteration, Mario Kart Wii, is the best!  It requires the least skill, but plenty of gamers think it's the most fun.  They've got their reasons.  You're arguing that they are wrong, because the random elements ruin the game.  That is your opinion, it is not a fact.  

Plenty of games have random elements in them, in fact most real-world games and sports do.  Likewise, there is no empirical way to say that one thing is better than another.  There is no fact that says CoD is better than Turok or that MGS has a better story than Kirby.  You may feel that way, but if someone feels otherwise, that is equally valid.  I'm not saying you didn't back up your opinion, you did, but you also said that the article writer's opinion was incorrect. 

@JetTripper said:
 You internet children have gotten too used to trying to shoot down everything you see just because you can. Don't be so trigger-happy and maybe you'll learn something once in a while. " 

This is also hilarious in its hypocrisy.  Cool story, bro.
Avatar image for comradekritstov
ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By ComradeKritstov
@ArcLyte said:
This. Unless you were trolling (which it seems like you were). Still not cool though.
ELBUMBLERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ELBUMBLERO

Oh goody, another whining bitch to fuck up games journalism over their Halo fanboyism. Fuck you. Get bent and pick up a copy of The Elements of Style. Oh, and break your fucking fingers.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By benjaebe
@JohnRabbit:  Well played, sir.

@ArcLyte said:
Also this. You need to work on basic grammar. Take a few writing courses so you know when and where to use punctuation.
Ghil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Ghil

You did almost everything wrong in that application, but I really liked the cat cannon analogy. ;)

JetTripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JetTripper
@JohnRabbit said:

" @JetTripper said:

That's a lie. In fact, the only thing that's been improving in the series is the campaign, while the multiplayer has been getting progressively worse since the first installment.

I stopped reading after this sentence.  Good luck proving to an EIC that you're a "capable writer" when you're unable to separate quantifiable objective fact from personal subjective bias.  The above statement is a declaration of personal opinion; using it as an argument to prove the original author's own assertion of personal opinion a fallacy is akin to blaming a dog for not being a hamburger.  The logic is flawed and holds zero weight.  Good luck with your writing career. "
Personal subjective bias based on countless hours of play with the latest version of the game. It's like telling a player who played 500 hours of Starcraft: Brood War that his opinions of what should be tweaked to make Starcraft 2 better are null simply because they're only opinions. You don't  get mad at the guys on the Bombcast for saying their opinions, so why get mad at me? And I know I don't really compare to the Bombcast guys in terms of video-gaming experience, but, when it comes to Halo 3 and FPSs in general, I easily have as much, if not more experience in that genre. I have played over 3000 games of Halo 3. If each game only lasted 10 minutes (standard game time is 15 minutes) that's still, would you look at that, 500 hours of Halo game time.

Halo accounts: 
RX Warfare  (Not all the games on this account are mine, I used to share this with my two brothers, They weren't really big on halo so about two-thirds of the games are mine.)
Jet Tripper
Eclipse TGTS (Yes, that is the real Karma, for those of you who knows who he is. He ended up coming back and beating me by the end.)

Anything I say, which is not fact, is opinion. It's not some super big secret. If you guys can't get over that this is my opinion and, despite being not fact, can still have merit, then I your kind of stupid and I think you should stop reading what I write. This is the last thing I'm going to write to you guys. Next time, don't be so aggressive a listen to the actual message. 

On a final note, and this is directed @ Wrighteous86, Bungie has repeated dictated that there target audience for this game is leaning more towards competitive players. All members of the staff were even forced to go to at least one Halo 3 pro gaming event before the release of the game. So, seeing as how competitive players are most definitely a large part of their demographic (coming from the horses mouth), it would be in their best interest to make this game as competitive as possible.
WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By WickedCestus
@JetTripper: He was talking about the fact you called the other guy's opinion a "lie".
JetTripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JetTripper
@supermike6 said:
" @JetTripper: He was talking about the fact you called the other guy's opinion a "lie". "
Did I? Well that's not a nice thing to say. But I still don't believe he's right.
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@JetTripper: We aren't making fun of you because we think your opinion is wrong, we are making fun of you because you think someone else's opinion is wrong and went to ridiculously lengths to prove to everyone how incompetent you are.
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By wrighteous86

Apparently we can't bash his opinion, but he can bash another writer's.  He can dish it out, but he can't take it.

Basically, he ignores the thrust of everyone's argument, and focuses on how much Halo he's played.  

@JetTripper: By the way, if your opinion on Halo is more valid because of the time you've spent with it, then your argument is broken, since the Bungie team has likely spent even more time than you have with their games.

@LordXavierBritish said:

" @JetTripper: We aren't making fun of you because we think your opinion is wrong, we are making fun of you because you think someone else's opinion is wrong and went to ridiculously lengths to prove to everyone how incompetent you are. "

This.  For the thousandth time, this.  In fact, I tend to agree with you that Halo has become too "arcadey".  That's not the point.
JetTripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JetTripper

@ Wrighteous86: I never said you couldn't bash my opinion, but 9/10 comments are just bashing my writing and not the content.

And they may have spent more time with the game than I have, but I've probably spent more time playing it competitively than anyone else there.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By wrighteous86
@JetTripper: You have to be a joke character right?  You can't possibly be this obtuse.
JohnRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JohnRabbit
@JetTripper said:

Personal subjective bias based on countless hours of play with the latest version of the game. It's like telling a player who played 500 hours of Starcraft: Brood War that his opinions of what should be tweaked to make Starcraft 2 better are null simply because they're only opinions. You don't  get mad at the guys on the Bombcast for saying their opinions, so why get mad at me? And I know I don't really compare to the Bombcast guys in terms of video-gaming experience, but, when it comes to Halo 3 and FPSs in general, I easily have as much, if not more experience in that genre. I have played over 3000 games of Halo 3. If each game only lasted 10 minutes (standard game time is 15 minutes) that's still, would you look at that, 500 hours of Halo game time.

An opinion formed from extensive experience is still an opinion.  I have spent many hours playing all the main Halo releases as well, and in fact I disagree with your original statement 100%.  The campaigns have steadily gotten more inane, bloated, and silly whereas the multiplayer has varied in quality. However since this is an opinion  I cannot write it down as though it were a fact. I cannot use it as some categorical truth that someone can point to whenever they read something they feel is "a lie".    You must be the kind of person who equates quality with number of units sold.

You also make the assumption that I have never been upset with the members of Giant Bomb for making opinionated statements that I disagree with.  I'm not sure what powers of clairvoyance you think you have (you don't, btw), but making grand assumptions as to the behavior of others without ANY proper context is always the mark of an excellent writer I assure you.  Why bother with making educated statements when you can point fingers and deflect like a politician?  I'm not going to go into detail about when/where/why I've had disagreements with the Bombcast, because quite frankly it has nothing to do with this discussion.

@JetTripper said: 

Halo accounts: 
RX Warfare  (Not all the games on this account are mine, I used to share this with my two brothers, They weren't really big on halo so about two-thirds of the games are mine.)
Jet Tripper
Eclipse TGTS (Yes, that is the real Karma, for those of you who knows who he is. He ended up coming back and beating me by the end.)

I'm not sure why you posted these, is this like when someone shows you trophies they won 10 years ago and expects you to be proud? What is the relevance here?  Nobody has questioned your ability at Halo, only your ability to write in a manner that is logical and less aggressively opinionated.

@JetTripper said:  

Anything I say, which is not fact, is opinion. It's not some super big secret. If you guys can't get over that this is my opinion and, despite being not fact, can still have merit, then I your kind of stupid and I think you should stop reading what I write. This is the last thing I'm going to write to you guys. Next time, don't be so aggressive a listen to the actual message. 

You're dispensing logic that you should probably follow.  Again, nobody has stated that you attempted to pass off your original post as fact; merely that you attempted to "disprove" another writer's opinion with one of your own (and then wondered how that's a problem).  Your post was needlessly antagonistic all because you read something you didn't like.  This is childish and without merit. I do agree with you that its best for everyone that you stop writing and we all stop reading.

And just for clarification since you seem unable to remember your own writing:

You see, In the article I just finished reading entitled "Halo: Reach- Revolution or Evolution," the writer stated that "All of the games bearing the name Halo have been extraordinarily good, and we expect nothing less off Bungie’s upcoming First Person Shooter epic, Halo: Reach."

That's a lie.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By wrighteous86
@JohnRabbit: Thank you so much.  You are officially the first non-staff GB member I will be following.