crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By crusnchill

!THERE ARE NO SPOILERS IN THIS POST! 

So I've JUST bought Halo 3: ODST and deadspace today (ODST being my main interest), and I stick in the deadspace disc (I held off playing ODST, so I could play with my friends).
It loads up, I get past the start video to just after landing on the ship(The USG Ishimura) and the "disc read error" message pops up. Telling me there's a problem with the disc, and that it need's to be cleaned(Yeah, it's allways MY fault isn't it MS?!) 
So, since I bought both of them brand new I assumed it was a faulty disc, with the plan to get my money back tommorow
What!? It's possible.... lol.

So I stick in ODST, since I can't play anything else that's new. I get past the FIRST video sequence and I'm dropping toward's the planet (Not a spoiler, since ODST stands for orbital drop shock trooper.) 
And literally as soon as the special something that starts to happen in this part of the game involving a covenant ship, happens. I get the message come up again "disc read error." 

I try it re-inserting the disc a few more times. And find on my next try that the start video sequence finishes and loops back to the beginning once it's finnished. I press the A button a few times and it keeps reverting me back to the start of the video. And then inevitably the "disc read error" messege rears it's ugly face toward's me And really gives me a good GLARE. 

WTF Microsoft!? WHY NOW!? 

Anybody have any insight of how I can get my console to red ring So MS can fix it for free? 
Like they should do anyway for making such crappy tech and claiming it's fine and dandy.

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cheapoz

Tried installing them to HDD?

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By crusnchill

good point. I'll do that now. :-)
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

I feel your pain. My Wii's been bricked for about a week.

PolyesterPimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PolyesterPimp
@Cheapoz said:
" Tried installing them to HDD? "
Exactly what I did after ripping my xbox apart and reinstalling a new laser only to find out that wasn't the problem to begin with...
Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Cheapoz
@PolyesterPimp said:
" @Cheapoz said:
Exactly what I did after ripping my xbox apart and reinstalling a new laser only to find out that wasn't the problem to begin with... "
You don't care much for warranty huh? hahaha  
PolyesterPimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By PolyesterPimp
@Cheapoz said:
" @PolyesterPimp said:
" @Cheapoz said:
Exactly what I did after ripping my xbox apart and reinstalling a new laser only to find out that wasn't the problem to begin with... "
You don't care much for warranty huh? hahaha   "
Out of warranty xbox. Cheaper for me to do it then have them do it for me. Needless to say my xbox is fixed and I now have some more hands on with technology. Thanks MS for the faulty system!!!
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By xyzygy
@crusnchill: Tell us how it works out if you install to HDD!
PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By PercyChuggs

This is why I always rent the PS3 version of multiplatform non-shooters, to keep the mileage off my 360.