X box live; WTF is REP?? And the REP is inaccurate.

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MrSnow

So today because of the MW2 stimulus package QL I stuck on MW2. Played it. Had a great time ............... until ...........sub base. Nuke boosters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

So naturally I killed the enemy and then followed our guy around (Friendly fire not availble).  THEN , I go to file a complaint against the guy on my team because I knew who he was. (I just shot the other guy without thinking so I didn't get his name.) And Guess what that cheating scum bag has 5 star REP. So WTF is REP how do you get it and how do you lose it!!! How did this thug get 5 stars if he's participating in Nuke boosting!!!!!

And yeah I have 5 star REP too.

voodooterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By voodooterror

99% of users dont bother leaving player feedback

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By xMP44x
Rep: Reputation is a system for seeing how other players like to abuse you on Xbox LIVE. If you beat someone in a game they'll give bad rep. Simple as. It's a system that doesn't work at all. Even the stars on your profile don't work either. They'll wind up 5 Stars if people give good rep, and if they don't, they'll still end up with 5 Stars as well. It's a useless system that should have died with the old Dashboard, to be honest.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By iam3green

rep is nothing really. it is for poor sports to give bad rep to people that beat them. it really does nothing. i remember playing xbox live and just playing it for the day i got 5 stars out of no where. it was kind of weird. it does nothing and don't worry about it. most people ignore the rep. the games that need to give rep usually give bad rep.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

Just another way to vent out the nerd-rage.
Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bionicicide

I had 6 negative feedback before I got 1 positive, and even then I always had 5 stars next to my name. :/

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By wh1terav3n

All that it does is if you give someone a bad player review, you are less likely to play with them in the future. Filing a complaint though, is more serious and goes to the XBL mods.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Brunchies

Rep is useless and it doesn't influence anything.

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrSnow

So will the Nuke boosters Rep decrease???

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By meteora
@Brunchies said:
"

Rep is useless and it doesn't influence anything.

"
This.

Instead you should've filed a complaint.
R3cruit3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By R3cruit3D

From what i can remember the stars start out at 3 from a new profile, then for your first positive feedback it goes to 4, then 4.5, then 4.75(roughly), then 5, it doesn't matter how much negative you get, mines on something like 12% positive (i really don't know why either, but i play too much halo, my guess is its that) as Meteora said if you want someone gone filing a complaint is the best wway to go, but that wont count for much either.

FullmetalPopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By FullmetalPopo

people don't really give you good rep unless they're your friends because no one really cares. You'll get rep just because but if you're good people will report you for cheating because they suck or if they get mad at you for owning them with knowledge they might have their whole friends list report you... It's supposed to be a reputation system so gamers will know who to play with but since no one really cares it's just there and if I were you I'd just play a couple live games get your 5 stars then stop caring because no one else really does lol... Oh and people report you when they're mad to get you booted off XBL not to ruin your rep so don't talk too much trash because people can be real douche bags

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By napalm

It means you are a five star kind'a guy! *double thumbs up, uber-enthusiastic"

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Andorski

Yea, it's impossible to not get 5 stars if you play online, which makes the whole system useless.  Although, when you do run into a guy with a lot of online-only achievements and a REP rating under 5 stars, you KNOW that dude is doing something bad.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By George_Hukas

Give someone with 3 stars bad rep and they will have 5 stars.. wtf

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Stang

Rep, the tool people who lose while playing SF use to get back at those who beat them. I have alike an 75-80% avoided rate, all from that game. Makes me feel like I accomplished something!

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ArchScabby

Rep is worthless and pointless.  I've never seen anyone with less then a 5 star rep unless their account was brand new, because accounts start at 3 stars.

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JoeyIA
@Bionicicide said:

"I had 6 negative feedback before I got 1 positive, and even then I always had 5 stars next to my name. :/ "

Don't lie.  

@R3cruit3D said:

"From what i can remember the stars start out at 3 from a new profile, then for your first positive feedback it goes to 4, then 4.5, then 4.75(roughly), then 5, it doesn't matter how much negative you get, mines on something like 12% positive (i really don't know why either, but i play too much halo, my guess is its that) as Meteora said if you want someone gone filing a complaint is the best wway to go, but that wont count for much either. "

Correct. 

On Topic:
I'm at like, 30-something % positive right now and I still have 5 stars.  People only use the Rep system to be dicks; all of my negative Rep comes from beating people at games.  I didn't know beating somebody at a game counted as "Unsporting".  Its supposed to change the likelyhood of you being matched-up with that person in the future, depending on if you leave +, - or neutral feedback.  If you don't want to play with somebody because they're better than you there is an option called something like, "Player Skill" that doesn't effect Rep either way.  "Player Skill" is supposed to keep you from being matched up, so use that, don't be a dick and leave "Quite Early" or whatever.
Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Chyro
@JoeyIA: 

Yup.  It is completely pointless as people just abuse it.  

I have about a 80% negative feedback on my xbox live profile.  And the only game I played online a lot was CoD 4.  I never team killed, I never just sat there and spouted obscenities and racial slurs.  I just played the game.  75% of the 80% was unsporting.  Not really sure how you can be unsporting in that game.  I never used the helicopter glitch or camped.  I was more of a aggressive player actually. 
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By ch13696

I found out it was pointless the minute I got my first friend on there. All he did was recommend me as a good player then it jumped up to 5 stars from 3.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jmrwacko

If someone has 1 rep it's a little disconcerting, because even with their xbox live buddies they're still getting 100% negative feedback. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Green_Incarnate

All you have to do is create a silver account, give your other account good rep, and then bam 5 stars. I don't think your stars can go down.

Colin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Colin

I have met a person with half a star rep before he really was a total dick but other than that I've never seen under 3 so ya Rep is useless and a waste of space.
foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By foggel

After playing MW2 online I have a 60% avoid rate, most are unsporting conduct. That was until the point where I had "Unsporting conduct?" as a motto, so that when they clicked my profile to give me feedback I basically just laughed into their faces. But then I got Quit early :(

benjamimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By benjamimmy

I got negative feedback for 'disruptive voice'. Thing is I don't ever talk to anyone online...So how the hell can something like this happen?! lol

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By SumDeus

I always wondered this.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I have never had anybody give me feedback. I never play multiplayer long enough to get good at it. So my rep has constantly been at 3 stars. But honestly, it's probably the most useless thing on Xbox Live. Completely useless.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ISuperGamerI

Microsoft needs to rework the Xbox Live rep system cause it's so easy to get 5 stars and once you have 5 stars it never decreases, no matter how many negative feedbacks you have. So in reality it's a pointless and biased system.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CaptainCody

You can have a reputation and still be a bad person, negative or positive you are gaining reputation in the community.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Ravenousrattler

Reps only good for those people that don't like my playstyle, or are too elite to be killed by me. I've racked up a 60% unsporting by just playing games online. But i still have all my stars  because i never cheat, exploit, or yell racial slurs.The only other one i racked up is quitting early 25%, probably the few times my internet crapped out.

Remedy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Remedy25

I've been sitting on 4.5 stars for as long as I've had my 360, it's annoying having half a star!